“3 dollars! Is it worth it? maybe maybe not”
Review of Mid-Bay Bridge

Mid-Bay Bridge
Reviewed 26 May 2014

You have a decision to make. Do I take the Mid Bay bridge? Do you have time to burn.. If so don't. If you don't have time to burn and you need to get to Destin in a flash I would suggest you pull $3.00 out and go on over the destine bridge. For $3.00 I really think they should give you something in addition to the drive over the bridge. Like a sticker or something. The reason being when you get to the other side your going to say wow I just blew $3.00 for a 3 minute bridge crossing. View was nice, but was it worth $3.00? Maybe Maybe Not.

6  Thank dgdeppen

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Taking the Mid Bay Bridge will shorten your trip from I-10 to Destin. It will cost you tho. Well worth it to avoid traffic thru Ft Walton. Beautiful views of the bay but NO stopping on the bridge.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

We are snowbirds who use the mid-bay bridge to get to/from Destin. With the opening of the new mid-bay connector we save a lot of time getting up to our favorite golf course, Blackstone. We got a Sunpass so our cost is less. It's the only way to go. On the new mid-bay connector there is no toll booth; your license plate is photographed and you're sent a bill, including a monthly administrative fee. Locals, as well as tourists, are complaining loudly (and understandably). While we would prefer toll-free highways, we are more than happy with the Sunpass feature and recommend it highly.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

I think someone is getting rich off of this bridge while any private businesses in the inland areas that would hope to benefit from Destin tourism suffer. Not to mention the "each additional axle" fee, we pulled a miniature trailer over the bridge and it costed us $12 for a round trip. I understand cost of upkeep, but its excessive.

3  Thank Angela754
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We love the Mid-Bay Bridge, and we use it almost daily. We wish there were four lanes instead of 2, and that there was a protected bike path on it...but...

1  Thank RavenATB