“Just a toll bridge bridge” 3 of 5 bubbles

Mid-Bay Bridge
Kennesaw, Georgia
206 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 178 helpful votes
“Just a toll bridge bridge”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

This is the tool bridge from Destin to Niceville. Costs of $3 one way gets you a view of the bay. Fast way to exit Destin back to the north.

Visited July 2014

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Travelers BEWARE of imaginary "toll by plate"”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

My husband and I recently took a trip to Baytowne for vacation, including visits with friends who are local Sandestin/Destin residents. We took midbay bridge route as we do every summer, paying cash at toll booths there and back. We were not offered.receipts but never imagined we would need them. A month later we received a $4.00 toll by plate fee. I telephoned the number on the statement for clarification. When the representative answered the phone I explained that we paid cash to toll booth operators both there and back. When I suggested the possibility of needing to take another look at the surveillance, she responded ok I will be happy to look into it for you. Then after confirming numbers on the statement she responded "There was no booth for you to pay as it is a 'toll by plate". My response of course was, "Then how did we give someone cash at the toll booth"? She repeatedly said "it is a toll by plate" I became very frustrated insisting that we did in fact pay and that we are not responsible for paying any such fine. She then very firmly insisted "You HAVE to pay it!" And only then did she say, toll by plate is something new. First, it's not about the measly $4.00. It's the principle! Second, after speaking to the representatives for 5 minutes I still have no idea where this "new" toll by plate is, as she was unable to tell me. Third, travelers choosing mid bay bridge should be informed of such charges prior to reaching the imaginary "toll by plate" (for example: road signs informing drivers that a toll by plate is ahead). Lastly, $2.50 processing fee on a $1.50 toll...REALLY? The website claims to offer the option for users to pre pay the toll in order to avoid a processing fee. Wouldn't that be useful information before being taken advantage of?

Visited June 2014
52 Thank Leigh Ann J
Destin, Florida
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“It's just a bridge, not an attraction”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Okay, this is ridiculous, this is a bridge to get from Niceville to Destin, it's not an attraction so pay attention to the car in front of you and get across it. Cross your fingers theres no accident or you'll be in for hours of fun sitting in your car.

Sure the view is pretty but you should be paying attention to the road which most dont and that's why there is traffic and accidents on this bridge. If you are coming from the east just cross 331 bridge for free and enjoy the few scenic 98 undeveloped views heading in to Destin.

Visited July 2014
9 Thank CJDREW
Ohio
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Pretty bridge drive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

It is just a bridge but it is long and the view is awesome if you love salt water! Costs $3.00 toll each way to cross.

Visited June 2014
Beaufort, South Carolina
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 342 helpful votes
“3 dollars! Is it worth it? maybe maybe not”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

You have a decision to make. Do I take the Mid Bay bridge? Do you have time to burn.. If so don't. If you don't have time to burn and you need to get to Destin in a flash I would suggest you pull $3.00 out and go on over the destine bridge. For $3.00 I really think they should give you something in addition to the drive over the bridge. Like a sticker or something. The reason being when you get to the other side your going to say wow I just blew $3.00 for a 3 minute bridge crossing. View was nice, but was it worth $3.00? Maybe Maybe Not.

Visited May 2014