“Nice condo but the building needs some tlc” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jade East Towers

Jade East Towers
Ranked #28 of 56 Speciality Lodging in Destin
Friendswood, Texas
“Nice condo but the building needs some tlc”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012 via mobile

We were pretty happy with our condo. Check in was a bit of a hassle. Went thru ResortQuest and as other people stated it is quite a drive to their office. Our paperwork said check in was at 3:00 but when we tried to check in we were told that our condo wasn't ready and that check in had been changed to 4:00. We had already been there for several hours because we got in town earlier than we thought we would. We knew our condo was cleaned because we had family already staying there and we saw the cleaning crew cleaning the condo. It was almost 6:00 and several calls later that we finally were able to get into our condo. Luckily it was as nice as the pictures on VRBO. The building itself we felt needed a little tlc and cleaning. In one of the elevators it looked like someone had thrown up on the button panel and no one cleaned it until a few days after we got there. We will probably try a different complex or rent a house next year.

• Stayed June 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Perrysntxs

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012 via mobile

We arrived on a Saturday. The first night my daughter,husband and 2 year old grand daughter slept in the second bedroom. The light from the outside hallway was so bright,they were not able to sleep. I called the management company early Sunday morning. They told me the on site manager would be back Tuesday. She took my complaint cell phone# told me she would call me back or someone else that afternoon. No return call. Monday I called again,was told someone was on-site. The door was locked and no one answered the door. I called back while standing outside the door. They put me on hold and minutes later someone answered the door. I told her the same story. She told me there was nothing she could do without first getting in touch with the associations president. My husband and I changed rooms with our daughters family for the night. On Tuesday morning I went to the office and told the person there what was going on. She pulled a piece of paper out where someone had written down all my calls and complaints. She said maintenance did not work for them. My husband talked to the maintenance guy and he immediately took care of the problem. I went back to tell her that my husband had taken care of the problem. She said that she was glad it was taken care of. I would have thought through that time frame someone would have checked if it had been done. I was never called back and once I called a second time on the same day and was told it was after hours.
The room was nice. We all finally had a good night sleep on Tuesday night. We were never offered an apology for what happened. Came to have fun,not to take care of property management issues for 3 days.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2011

the places is very perfect for a vacation.its along the beach..

Room Tip: room #307 is a good room to stay
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

We booked our condo well in advance in order to try to get the best room available for our preferences. The rental company, and I think most in that area, classify their rooms/condos as Silver, Gold or Platinum, with Platinum being the best room with “better” furnishing and amenities. Condo unit # 730 was classified as a “platinum” room. Once we arrived, it started to become obvious that it was less than platinum. We have even stayed in “gold” classified rooms that were better.

To name a few disappointing things we start with shag carpet. This is a “sand catcher” and reminded me of something out to the 60s. There was a torn lamp shade in one room, no bar stools, uncomfortable couch, and what appeared to be an “old”, yellow smoke alarm in one room (we tested it…it made a noise). The sink in the extra bathroom would not hold water. One could pull on the “drain stopper” and it would not hold. Not very water efficient when one must shave with the water running or turning it on and off repeatedly. If you use and need a laptop computer, the connection was very weak, and actually I just stopped using mine because of the slow speed or no connection. I’ve had better phone dial-up connections. The internet service is “free”, but good luck on getting a good, consistent connection.

Probably the most annoying, frustrating thing was the patio “furniture”. I’ll just be frank…it was cheap plastic resin. They were mildewed, and one was even split. From the beach we looked at the furniture on other balconies that we could see and ours was the least quality. We called the rental company and they brought us a couple of replacements for the two worst chairs…$8.99 each. This does not meet, in my opinion, a platinum room’s furniture. This is apparently all the agency could do without the permission of the owner. There were a couple of other more minor things, like no pizza cooking pan, no plastic glasses for the beach, etc., but I could live with those, although one should expect all amenities in a platinum room. I add to this the fact that the balcony and the area over the balcony had spots that needed to be sanded, patched and painted.

We expressed our feelings to the rental company, and they accommodated us with some discounts, but I think they should probably actually visit the rooms to make sure that a “platinum” room hasn’t dropped to a “bronze” room. Needless to say we will not rent that unit anymore, and I suggest that one looks closely at any virtual images of the room, and ask detailed questions to the rental agency. There is more than one agency who rents the units at Jade East. We used Resort Quest, but there are others. We will rent again from Resort Quest and will stay again at Jade East, but not in that room.

Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank Tnflaman
New Orleans, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2010

I booked through VRBO (or so I thought) but got redirected to an agency anyway. Didn't know that happened with VRBO. I can't speak for the rest of the building, but unit 1050 was ABSOLUTELY filthy. I have stayed in cleaner places in Pakistan and India! Jade East itself seemed to be well kept, but do avoid unit 1050 unless you enjoy filth.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
6 Thank gobyair1946
Sugar Land, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2008

Stayed over spring break with 3 teens, one 13 and two 16yr.olds.
The property is kept in great shape and our condo had lots of upgrades. The view was spectacular and the pool was warm and kept extremely clean. The beach chairs and amenity card were a plus and we always felt safe at night. The only downside was it was impossible to make a left turn out of the complex due to lack of a traffic signal there and it was very busy, but we adjusted easily by just turning right and making a uturn at the next intersection. Not a big problem. Nice clean grill area. Staff could not have been nicer. Will definitely stay there again this summer.

• Liked — location and view!
  • Disliked — lack of traffic light
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Peaches0422
Destin, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2007

We have stayed at Jade East Towers for our last two anniversaries and we plan on continuing this tradition for years to come. The complex is on one of the most beautiful beaches in Destin. We've stayed on the 6th floor and on the 16th floor, and both have spectacular views of the Gulf of Mexico. The pool is large, has a waterfall, and plenty of chairs to lounge around in. We would DEFINITELY recommend Jade East Towers as one of the nicest condo complexes in Destin.

• Liked — The amazing views of the Gulf of Mexico and very private-feeling beach along with a close proximity to tons of restaurants and activities.
  • Disliked — There really isn't anything.
  • Stayed April 2004, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Joe S