“Great experience”

Louisiana Lagniappe
Ranked #4 of 314 Restaurants in Destin
Price range: US$25 - US$40
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: In 1984, Louisiana Lagniappe was opened and established inside Sandpiper Cove condominiums in what was at one time the Sandpiper Cove Yacht Club. A loyal following was quickly established due, in no small part, to the quality of the food and the attention to detail of the service. In 1998 The Southern Restaurant Group took ownership of the restaurant with a commitment to maintain the same level of food quality and service. Since then, Louisiana Lagniappe has consistently served only the freshest seafood and steaks. Now open year round, Louisiana Lagniappe is the spot for a memorable dining experience on all levels. In 1999, a second Louisiana Lagniappe was opened in the San Roc Cay Shopping and Marina Complex in Orange Beach, Alabama. Offering the same fine Louisiana seafood with a Creole flair, the attire is casual, yet an upscale waterfront dining experience is provided for the entire family.
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I've been going to Destin for several years and a visit to Lagniappe never disappoints. Somewhat of a gumbo snob, their gumbo is great! On this visit our server Chris was very knowledgeable about the wines and menu and attentive, which is refreshing. The view is amazing, as are the Shrimp and Grits. And they have my favorite chardonnay!! I'll be back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,317)

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Nice restaurant setting on a cove with beautiful views. Sit on the covered deck to eat if you can & enjoy the boats & docks. Food is incredible & the wait staff extremely welcoming & helpful. Say hello to "chowder" the resident cat! Be prepared to pay a little extra per plate, but well worth the expense. Will be back again on next vacation.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We've been going to the Destin area for years and always loved Lagniappe. We took a hiatus and came back this week for the first time in about 6 years. We went back to Lagniappe and it's as good as ever. The most creative seafood restaurant in the area. At least right now they have some crawfish specials. I had the Grouper Kevin/crawfish version. It was fantastic. The only down side is that it is expensive.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I went here for my Mother' s Day dinner. We showed up a little after 5:00 and there was still parking close to the restaurant. First off I wanted to sit outside because it a nice mariner behind the restaurant. DO NOT SIT OUTSIDE unless the sun is coming down or if you want to bake like your in a sauna. I for some reason thought it was not going to be that hot this day but the sun was directly on me. After a while I ask my husband did he want to go inside and he choose to stay outside which was a mistake because we was sweating through the meal. We'll lets talk about the food, the Lobster Rangoon were the best I ever had. Shrimp and grits was great, Icouldn't eat the whole meal because it came with a salad and twice baked potato which was scrumptious. My husband had blackened scallops and said they were the best he had. Despite sweating my makeup off and haven to take a shower when I got back to the condo. This was a nice romantic place to go for dinner or any occasion.

1  Thank lexus112
Reviewed 9 May 2014

The location of this restaurant is on a lovely marina but is a little difficult to find. There is virtually little parking as most spots are reserved for homeowners. The only unfortunate part of the evening was the horrible attitude of the bartender. My husband is very fussy about how he likes his martini prepared and always makes a point of making sure the bartender understands that he wants it stirred and not shaken. When he looked over at the bartender, he saw her vigorously shaking his drink. He asked her to please stop shaking it and stir it. She arrogantly retorted that you told me to shake it. The proper response to a customer should have been "I'm sorry, my mistake, let me make a new one for you." The rest of the evening, thank to our wonderful waiter, Bob, was fantastic. He was gracious and served us with great aplomb. Our gumbo was delicious and our fish dishes well made. Its a shame that such a good restaurant has such a horrible bartender working for them.

1  Thank Georgica14