“Not Close To Action”

Wingate by Wyndham Destin
Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Destin
Reviewed 10 December 2011

Nice clean Motel. A long block to 4 lane (Hwy 98), must drive to all restaurants and beach. Newish with typical Wyndam posh.Room was normal, desk was useful, free Wifi in room, had a problem with door locking, it was fixed rather quickly. Night desk guy (Joe) was so overly pleasant and proffessional I asked if he was a trainee (nope been there a long time) they laughed out loud. Business center was nice to print out boarding passes. Breakfast had a few hot items and as usual saves a trip out and a few bucks. Overall a nice place at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Swaneey

Reviewed 26 November 2011

Great place to stay in Destin. Very clean. Most of the staff is very friendly and professional with the exception of the man working night audit. He was very rude on multiple occasions and gave the impression that he did not care at all about the guests. Other than him the place is excellent!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bryonrankin
Reviewed 13 November 2011

This was one of my husband and I many trips to the Destin area but our first stay at the Wingate. I must say that I thought it wasn't going to be much considering the rate we received with our AAA membership. We were both shocked upon entering the hotel and very impressed upon entering our assigned room (and might I add, we did get the exact room requested at booking). It is located off the main highway but not far enough to where you wouldn't be able to access the beaches or any other activities. The complimentary breakfast was awesome. I don't know who the employees that were responsible for the upkeep of the area but they did an EXCELLENT JOB! Also the front desk clerks from the time we checked in until check out were nothing less than PROFESSIONAL and FRIENDLY. Housekeeping definitely did their job too. The bed was all so COMFORTABLE! The only suggestion I would make is that Wyndham would consider changing the pillows on the beds. They weren't comfy at all. And last but not least, is to place some non-stick spray by the waffle irons in the breakfast area so they want stick as much. I would definitely stay again. I would recommend.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2011

I have stayed here the last two times that i have been to destin. Excellent motel. off the beaten path but brand new, great rooms, good breakfast. Very good value for the money. would highly reccomend this motel. the mattress in the motel was incredibly comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
WingateDestin, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Destin, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2011

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us for the 2nd time. My staff and I work hard to provide the best service possible for you while traveling with us. We enjoy friendly faces so we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 October 2011

The price was nice for this hotel and the breakfast was included. The room did have a lockable safe, mini fridge, coffee pot, and, I think, a microwave. The bed was not very comfortable and the TV reception was very snowy. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly. The main complaint that I have was that we checked in on Friday. No one cleaned our room on Saturday. We had to ask for clean towels and extra coffee packs that evening. On Sunday someone knocked on the door, immediately entered without us answering the door, and asked if we wanted the room cleaned. We said yes since it wasn't serviced the previous day. He sent someone in to "clean", which consisted of making the bed, wiping down the bathroom, changing the towels and emptying the trash. There was no cart in the hall and the room wasn't vacuumed any time during our stay. We checked out on Monday. There were also crumbs and chip pieces left in the hallway of our floor from a large group that checked out Sunday morning. There was no vacuuming of this mess either on Sunday.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
WingateDestin, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Destin, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2011

Thank you for your response. I have spoke with my Exectutive Housekeeper about this issue to pervent it happening again. We did have a large group in that weekend and my staff worked hard to keep everything clean. I am very sorry again for the problems you had. I promise you this has been addressed. We work hard here at the Wingate to make each stay even better than before.

Reviewed 18 September 2011

The Wingate is well worth the money! It's not On the beach! But it's close.. And the rates were comparable to that! The only flaws were.. The TV was dated.. And the toilets were loud. If that's all I have to complain about... Then I say 3.5 stars.. It's very Clean. The staff helpful and friendly. Looking forward to next visit!

• Stayed: September 2011

I'm very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. My staff and I work very hard to make everyones vacation the best it can be. We look forward to having you back again with us.

Reviewed 14 September 2011

We got in late at night and they didn't have any regular rooms available and so gave us a larger room at no extra cost. Staff was very pleasant and the breakfast was wonderful...very nice breakfast room. Quiet and off the main drag of Destin....loved not staying on the main road. A big water park was within walking distance. Pool area wasn't very big, but we didn't go for the pool...we were there to enjoy the beach. Had to drive to the beach but no problem for us since it was just my husband and me. Got a great price for a 3 night weekend stay by signing up on the internet with Windham. Bed was very comfortable. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and my staff could accommodate you with the suite. When staying for a longer weekend, an upgraded room is always nice. Thanks for staying with us and we look forward to having you and your family again.