“Best service!”

Ranked #10 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Omaha, Nebraska
“Best service!”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

This was my first trip for my 2 years old and myself as a family! We were here for a wedding! I enjoyed everything they had to offer! I loved the breakfast, do it yourself Waffle makers awesome! It was nice and quiet was able to get good sleep for me and my 2 year old whom really good!

Everything in walking distance. Souvenir shops Grocery and Gas stations store 3 mins away! There was a Waterpark next door!

My son love seeing the lizards on the way to the stores!

The staff was excellent! I had an issue with the rental car! The staff made sure I was able to get around. They gave info on transportation and which the best to ride on!

The only thing that was a problem, Ive asked to have my room clean and bed change but it didnt get done until the day before I left! Also the change my towels once but that was no problem!

If I come back to Destin, FL, I may using your services again!

Room Tip: Just have fun and enjoy your vacation without stress!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Joseph K, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Destin, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thank you for your kind words on tripadvisor.com. It is an absolute pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay, as well as the interaction with our team. We love being in the heart of Destin right down the street from some of the best dining and shopping in town.

Thank you for bringing your experience with our housekeeping department to my attention. I want to assure you that it will be addressed. We hope to see you again when visiting Destin, FL.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
White, Georgia
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We had a nice visit, we were married in Destin Fl. 10years ago and it was nice to go back. Henderson state park is awesome! The breakfast was adieu ate each morning. The place was nicely decorated and clean. A nice touch was cookies for the guest in the afternoon.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Happy Anniversary and thank you for you beautiful review of our hotel. It was an absolute pleasure having you here celebrating with us. We hope to see you again real soon!
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We had an excellent stay. I almost cancelled due to the previous bed bugs accusation, but I am sure glad I didn't! The hotel was very clean, had very comfy beds and a spacious room. Breakfast was excellent with a ton of options! Even safe gluten free options for my son!
Customer service was wonderful. We were bummed the pool was closed for service reasons, but they gave us a break on our bill and we used the pool at an affiliated hotel, which was real nice. Barrye at the from desk was great! She greeted us with warm cookies and frisbees for the kids. We were only here one night, but would definitely come back!

1 Thank TheissenMN
Joseph K, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Destin, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for your beautiful review on tripadvisor.com. It is an absolute pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I want to apologize for our pool being closed due to safety concerns, and we appreciate your understanding as we fixed the situation. It will be my honor to pass on your kind words to our team. We hope to see you again when visiting Destin, FL.
Conley, Georgia
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I was highly disappointed in the customer service I received during my stay. I came down to listen to a presentation on their timeshares. You would think they would be more hospitable to get us to purchase one but no the front desk at this hotel were either never at the front desk or not very friendly and welcoming. I used to work in the hotel industry so I know what is to be expected when you go to a hotel. The hot breakfast was awful. For it to be 2014, I expected real eggs not frozen and more variety. The free internet that is advertised never worked. Overall when my family travels we will stay with the marriott or Hilton brand- for a guaranteed good nights stay.

2 Thank Dana13amey
Joseph K, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Destin, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
I want to personally apologize for your interaction with our team, and I want to assure you that this will be addressed. Our front desk team is trained to create enjoyable experiences, and I am very disappointed that we fell short.

Thank you for bringing your experience with breakfast to my attention. We are currently looking into new ways to improve and enhance our breakfast choices and experience. I also, want to assure you that we have just updated our internet at the hotel.

Once again, I apologize for the experience you received while staying here with us. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly as it will be my pleasure to speak with you.
Richmond va
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We stayed here as part of a timeshare tour deal, so did not have high expectations because it was free. This is the nastiest hotel I have ever stayed in. Mildew in the showers, carpet coming up, distasteful decorations and old and smelly. Our tv did not work, and we just left and my entire family is covered in bed bug bites.

7 Thank Dtaylor03
We take this matter very seriously. I want to assure you that we thoroughly checked the room by both our team and pest control and we did not find any sign of bed bugs. I also personally checked the room, and I want to assure you that no mildew was found in the shower.

I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay, and wish that you had brought this to our attention while staying here with us. We could have addressed all of these issues during your stay. Please reach out to me as it will be my pleasure to speak with you.

For anyone reading this review, I want to assure you that our hotel has no bed bugs. Guest satisfaction is very important to us here at the Wingate by Wyndham, as we strive to create an enjoyable experience. Again, I apologize for not meeting your expectations. Please do not hesitate to reach out to