“Great stay for 76.90 a night mid may”

Wingate by Wyndham Destin
Ranked #10 of 39 Hotels in Destin
“Great stay for 76.90 a night mid may”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2010

I took advantage of a promotion for booking 3 nights and revived a 30% discount. On the second night my daughter got sick and we had to leave the staff allowed me to keep that excellent rate instead of paying the normal rate thank wingate destination my advice for the room is get memory foam bed Toppers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2010

My husband and I were in Destin looking for a snowbird condo for next winter and stayed 3 nights at the Wingate based on the reviews that I had read. I requested and received a room away from the elevator. On the first night we reported that the light in the entry foyer needed a new bulb. It was never replaced though we reported it two more times. The room seemed as if it had been half remodeled. The floor lamp was broken. The mattress was thin, badly stained, and quite uncomfortable. I ended up using a foam mattress pad that we carry with us and sprayed the bed with bed bug spray as a precaution. The coffee condiments were not refilled the first night, and the dirty coffee cups and glasses were not replaced. Breakfast was quite mediocre. We stayed at a Wingate in Valdosta, GA, in early February that was exceptional for its class and expected the same in Destin. I would not recommend this hotel to travelers.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KarenMaze
Shawnee, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2010

This hidden gem deserves its high rating! We stayed here for three nights during Spring Break. It is conveinently located to everything in Destin.

It was clean, comfortable and a good value at $129 per night. Our only issue was that the first night my two small kids and I were put in a room next to partying Spring Breakers. After a sleepless night, I asked the staff to move us to a quieter room on the third floor. They happily obliged, even offering to keep our luggage for us until the new room was ready. Great service.

Free breakfast was ehh. Fine enough for the kids though.

• Stayed March 2010
NM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2010

This is the first time I've stayed at a Wingate hotel and I was impressed. The facility is clean and has all the amenities a traveler would want. It's located less than 1 mile from the beach in a nice area. The room is spacious and quiet. On top of all that I also got an outstanding rate.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
Memphis, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2009

We were there during x-mas break so it was relatively empty and we had a good deal, but this was the best staff that we have had at ANY hotel in a long, long time, regardless of price. All of the front-desk people were great, i.e., you could speak to them and they were knowledgeable and helpful. The room was about the same as any other in a decent or above hotel and the TV channels actually worked properly (switched channels without any delay).
One "complaint" is that the rooms could be quieter (like all hotels) in that you could hear through the walls relatively easily. I heard neighbor's TV in the morning and actually felt a bump from the wall when my head was against the headboard (I assume the neighbor bumped his/her headboard).

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for 11 days. We came to Destin for a holiday and loved every minute of it. The rooms are large, clean and quiet, with comfortable beds, Coffee making facilities, TV and fridge.
The staff is very friendly and the the breakfast is tasty even though very ' American'i.e. waffles, bagels, jam, cornflakes. I did not mind it but I guess after 10 days it was getting a bit much of the same.
The price - service relation was very satisfactory and we would definitely come again.

The nearby beach is beautiful and there is an outlet shopping mall about 20minutes away. There is also crazy golf which we enjoyed on one night.
We can recommend 'THE OUTBACK' and Australian/American Restaurant with the most beautiful food where we ate three times during our stay.

I would recommend this place to anyone, family, business, couples as it suits a variety of people.

By the way the hotel does have a very small pool but who needs a pool if there is an amazing beach down the road with sand to clean and white it could be snow?!

• Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelteamUK
Huntsville, AL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2009

Found this hotel recommended on Tripadvisor and we were very happy with the Hotel. Location was where we wanted to be within Destin. Clean, 5 years old but felt "brand new", great staff, good breakfast. Fitness center, pool, hot tub and Internet all in good working order.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple