“average”

Gulfview Condominiums
Ranked #49 of 55 Speciality Lodging in Destin
Reviewed 19 May 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Mary B

Reviewed 8 April 2013

I stayed at the Gulfview Condo, unit 226. I would recommend staying here only if you can't afford another place or if it's a last-minute trip and everything else is booked. I booked this condo because we needed a vacation, but didn't want to blow our budget. So, like I always tell my kids...you get what you pay for. I guess I can't complain since it was under $800 for 6 nights. Although, we left early because we just couldn't seem to get comfortable, and the weather just wasn't cooperating. The location is fantastic, but the condo itself was a bit small even with the 2 bunk beds. The shower drain was slow, and some mold growing in the corners. Furniture needs to be replaced. The kitchen itself was clean, but lacking some essential small items. The bed was extremely hard, very uncomfortable. Also, beware the entryway and the window in the BR is right outside the pool, so you will be able to hear every word coming from pool area. Our first night we had spring breakers out there til about 12am, screaming, drinking, and someone was actually playing their guitar. Being on the 2nd floor means you have "tenants" above you. And at times that was worse! At one point, we just couldn't stand the banging any longer and I went upstairs to let those guests know how loud it was beneath them and that my kids had been awoken at 7am. The whole place has paper thin walls. All in all, I won't be staying here again. I will definitely go the higher end route.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank IRV3
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Although we had visited every area of Florida over the years, we had yet to come to the Panhandle. My brother encouraged us to visit on our way to southern Florida. We liked Destin so much we decided to stay and have booked for next year at a different location. The Gulfview is a lovely spot to stay. As I am writing this I am looking at the beautiful rollers coming in from the sea. The patio door is open so I can feel the breeze and hear the waves. We brought bikes with us and have spent every day driving around on the paved bike paths that go pretty well everywhere. The condo is a well appointed one bedroom, one bathroom with two pools and a hot tub, washers and dryers on each floor. It is lovely and quiet, has plenty of parking. You can walk to restaurants and theatres and the shopping is excellent. I have to say that the beach is the most beautiful I have ever seen. The sand is pure white and like flour. The weather is not as hot as further south but it is a lovely climate for people who like to be active.

Room Tip: In this condominium complex all rooms have a view of the sea. We are on the second floor and I imag...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2013

We have stayed here for the past 15 years. It is right across from the beach, close to everything, has two pools and a hot tub, rooms are nice and clean. Kids love the bunks in the hall and we love our private room. We always have a great time here. The affordable rates allow us spending money for all the fun activities, dining out and shopping. You won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: We prefer to stay in the front building or a condo near the front with an oceanview. We usually stay...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2012

The best kept sercret in Miramar Beach, Florida. I have stayed here many times and the stays have all been great. The units are smaller but can sleep 6, with 2 in bunks. I like these better as I can cook my catch after fishing all day and then relax in the spa/pool to bring in a perfect day.
You can rent some of these units directly through owners or contact ResortQuest for pricing.

Room Tip: I rent in back of the building for lower noise trouble.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank MillerTyme2
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Pro's : if you truly desire a beachfront condo right on scenic 98, this is an affordable option for those families who have a group of 4-5. You can see from my photos that there is a couch, which is a pull out ,that is reasonably comfy (along as you are 12 or under!) there are also two bunk beds, anyone queen sized bed in a rather tiny bedroom, so please take noted you have a spouse who is 6'1, or larger, like i do, as it will be a tight squeeze!  There are towels , and kitchen supplies included, resort quest provides you with a sort of welcome packet,with a paper towel roll, laundry and dish washing soap, as well as a map. There are no coupon books included, so prepare to bring your iPhones, and plan on hitting up groupon!

You can easily access Miramar beach , which is public, but the condo, which is run through a company called resort quest, has its own private beach, that you receive a code for, upon check in.  There are two well maintained pools, as well  as a hot tub( as most places in the Destin area  feature ). There is also 2 washer / dryer units located near the pool, and a "free movie" pass ( ala red box type,featuring older releases). You can view the ocean from most of the units in this complex.  Within walking distance is pompano joes, as well as captain d's seafood, and some other local places.  The beaches here, both public, and private are well maintained and superbly clean.  The wateris clear , and you can see tropical fish swimming round your feet.  gorgeous!

Cons:  we noticed Black stuff around the a c vents.  Not cleaned to my liking, but allow me to  before specific.  For starters, there was four visible mold smears above the shower stall in the bathroom, and the fixtures and toilet did not appear to be wiped down from the previous guests. The living room coffee table had several sticky spots on the table, as well as a wine stain.  The kitchenette had an odd 70's style vibe to it, and along with it, came a plastic cover on top of the kitchenette, which had visible fingerprints and smears on it, and appeared to have not been cleaned for several months.   The kicker was when we awoke,the last morning of our journey to an odd smell, emanating from the kitchen.  As we ran the dishwasher,I noticed several crawfish legs pop up from the disposal.  This made me sick for two reasons; number one , it's food popping up from the drain, ewe! Secondly, we didn't have crawfish during our week long stay, and God only knows how long it was in there.

Overall impressions: decently priced,however, felt betrayed by the Hotwire cleaning fee. To clarify, we were charged an additional fee ( which we were not previously informed about) , which totaled $83.00, in additon to what we paid to stay there.  Might be able to find a cleaner option next time around, for around the same amount of money.

Room Tip: If you choose 207-210, you will get a second floor view of the beach
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank christajaye
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We stayed in unit 209 for a week. It was very nice and clean. There was plenty of space for the 3 of us. My daughter loved the bunk beds. The beach is directly across the street and easy to access. We went to the beach and pools everyday. There are restaurants within walking distance, which was nice. We would stay there again. The owner made it very easy to book. We had a wonderful time.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family