“We liked the condo”

Gulfview Condominiums
Ranked #49 of 55 Speciality Lodging in Destin
Reviewed 8 August 2013

The condo was average nothing amazing very small, I would stay there again we had a good time. Only wish they allowed pets! That would have made our trip even better. Our dog is like one of the family I hated leaving her behind:( I feel that since this is just a three story complex with very few rooms with a decent view they could allow pets. I would be willing to pay an extra $100 a week if they would allow them.

I did like the fact that it is a small complex easier to get around in. The pools were very clean traffic crossing the street could be a pain at times but we managed fine. Taking luggage up three stories was a pain in the butt but as I said if they allowed pets I would go back. Really your on the beach more than in a room any way. All in all it was fine the kids had fun and it was time with the family so that makes any trip worth it;)

Gulfview allow pets please!!! If they are well behaved and crated when their owners are away from the room there is no reason why you can not allow pets. Your complex is one of the very few that doesn't allow pets so please reconsider:(

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Rented a condo privately thru the owner and it was just a great experience. Condo was immaculate and stocked with everything you could ask for. Owner lives close by and was on hand either in person or by phone for anything we needed. Building itself is located right across street and looks to be well maintained. Pools and jacuzzi were clean and well maintained. Not too busy either . Loved that we could swim until 11pm at night, kids loved that ! Security staff were always around the premises and very friendly too. Everything in walking distance too. Our condo was 3rd floor Gulf view and it was beautiful. Nice that we were located right across hallway from laundry facility in building. Everyone was so helpful and kind taking turns using the washer and dryers. We were able to leave pool floats right outside our door and no worries about anyone taking them. We would go here again in a heartbeat! Enjoyed everything about this place!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Robert S
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Quiet, peaceful and just a few steps to beach. Great value, great locale. Unit is always spotless. My 5 year old loves the pools and beautiful beach. Although this unit doesn't have a perfect view of the Gulf, it is just abovve the pool. We like the serentity here.

Room Tip: Gulfview 226 owner is great and prices are ridiculously low.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2013

The condo was great. Staff were very friendly. It was literally a 2 minute walk from door to water. We had a fantastic time and the condo was very comfortable and had just what we needed! We will most definitely come back again

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 May 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Mary B
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I stayed at the Gulfview Condo, unit 226. I would recommend staying here only if you can't afford another place or if it's a last-minute trip and everything else is booked. I booked this condo because we needed a vacation, but didn't want to blow our budget. So, like I always tell my kids...you get what you pay for. I guess I can't complain since it was under $800 for 6 nights. Although, we left early because we just couldn't seem to get comfortable, and the weather just wasn't cooperating. The location is fantastic, but the condo itself was a bit small even with the 2 bunk beds. The shower drain was slow, and some mold growing in the corners. Furniture needs to be replaced. The kitchen itself was clean, but lacking some essential small items. The bed was extremely hard, very uncomfortable. Also, beware the entryway and the window in the BR is right outside the pool, so you will be able to hear every word coming from pool area. Our first night we had spring breakers out there til about 12am, screaming, drinking, and someone was actually playing their guitar. Being on the 2nd floor means you have "tenants" above you. And at times that was worse! At one point, we just couldn't stand the banging any longer and I went upstairs to let those guests know how loud it was beneath them and that my kids had been awoken at 7am. The whole place has paper thin walls. All in all, I won't be staying here again. I will definitely go the higher end route.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank IRV3
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Although we had visited every area of Florida over the years, we had yet to come to the Panhandle. My brother encouraged us to visit on our way to southern Florida. We liked Destin so much we decided to stay and have booked for next year at a different location. The Gulfview is a lovely spot to stay. As I am writing this I am looking at the beautiful rollers coming in from the sea. The patio door is open so I can feel the breeze and hear the waves. We brought bikes with us and have spent every day driving around on the paved bike paths that go pretty well everywhere. The condo is a well appointed one bedroom, one bathroom with two pools and a hot tub, washers and dryers on each floor. It is lovely and quiet, has plenty of parking. You can walk to restaurants and theatres and the shopping is excellent. I have to say that the beach is the most beautiful I have ever seen. The sand is pure white and like flour. The weather is not as hot as further south but it is a lovely climate for people who like to be active.

Room Tip: In this condominium complex all rooms have a view of the sea. We are on the second floor and I imag...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple