“Great food”

Chicken Salad Chick
Ranked #66 of 304 Restaurants in Destin
Description: Chicken Salad Chick is a place for chicken salad lovers (and their friends & family) to rejoice! We take pride in making our delicious chicken salad flavors by hand every morning, using only the most perfect premium chicken tenderloin. Our recipes are crafted with our special combination of sweet and savory ingredients and our secret blend of spices and seasoning. Beyond chicken salad, our fan rave about our fresh side items (especially our grape salad and broccoli salad!), our homemade pimento cheese, gourmet soups & seasonal desserts. nWe don't take ourselves too seriously at the Chick. Whether you're grabbing a quick bite on your lunch break or catching up with an old friend, The Chick is your neighborhood destination to sit back, relax, and enjoy some delicious food. Why? Because we believe that good food brings people together and nourishes the soul.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great food”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Neat idea. I have never been to a place like this. I could not decide on all the great Chicken Salad options, so I ended up getting a (3) Salad Combo. We took it to go because the restaurant was so busy. It was really good. The Buffalo Chicken flavored one was my favorite. I would recommend trying this place out.

• Visited December 2013

Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I truly loved this restaurant! If you like chicken salad, this is the place to go! The have 15 to pick from. The chicken salad, broccoli salad and grape salad tasted as good as any I've ever made!

• Visited February 2014
Jefferson City, MO
“Don't Be Chicken!”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Sure, this place looks like a ladies tea room, and sure, it's entire marketing approach trends toward working moms looking for a quick lunch or a take-me-home dinner in a tub, but if you decide this is a ladies-only kind of place, you will be missing some great chicken salad. I'm not talking good, here, I'm talking great.
Chicken salad is an art form. You can make it a hundred different ways. They have about 20, and the 20 they have are awesome. Born in Auburn, Alabama and franchised around the country, CSC makes 20 terrific varieties of chicken salad. I tried the cranberry and almond flavored and it was marvelous. My wife got the "Old South" version and she was very pleased. Manly men should try the sourdough bread; it's hearty and holds up well to the salad. My wife had a croissant, and it was big and tasty. The fruit salad is good, but the broccoli salad is great (and I normally don't like broccoli salad).
If you read the restaurant's story, you'll be pulling for the plucky lady who fought against pretty good odds to open her restaurant and make a go of it. I came away from this place realizing that people like Stacy Brown (who is featured in the story) are what make this country great. She believed in the magic of her dreams.
Yeah, it would be easy to write this off as a "chick place" and go get a burger, but your heart and your health will thank you if you instead drop in and eat something healthy. You won't regret it. (and next time I'm trying the pineapple flavor of chicken salad -- it looked really good).

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank DeWitt65101
Destin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Choices!”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I'm a huge fan of chicken salad, but I'm also very picky about it. I don't like mayonnaise and this place uses very little if any at all. They have so many choices to choose from so they definitely have a chicken salad you'll love. The pimento cheese is wonderful too and the grape salad is AWESOME!

Visited January 2014
Saint Joseph, Missouri
“Send the girls & find something else to do.”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

My wife saw a good review of this place in a local tourist paper, so we went -- the place was mostly full of ladies, who seemed to be having a really good time, and from my personal perspective, it couldn't have been because of the chicken salad. They've got a whole bunch of varieties of chicken salad, and the one I chose ("nutty-something") was just bland, and didn't even cover the bread. But, like I say, most of the ladies there seemed really happy, and when we got up to leave, there were people waiting for out table . . . . so, they must be doing something right.

• Visited January 2014