“Excellent Lunch”

Chicken Salad Chick
Ranked #57 of 310 Restaurants in Destin
Description: Chicken Salad Chick is a place for chicken salad lovers (and their friends & family) to rejoice! We take pride in making our delicious chicken salad flavors by hand every morning, using only the most perfect premium chicken tenderloin. Our recipes are crafted with our special combination of sweet and savory ingredients and our secret blend of spices and seasoning. Beyond chicken salad, our fan rave about our fresh side items (especially our grape salad and broccoli salad!), our homemade pimento cheese, gourmet soups & seasonal desserts. nWe don't take ourselves too seriously at the Chick. Whether you're grabbing a quick bite on your lunch break or catching up with an old friend, The Chick is your neighborhood destination to sit back, relax, and enjoy some delicious food. Why? Because we believe that good food brings people together and nourishes the soul.
Reviewed 9 April 2014

All the various chicken salad choices, plus deli sandwiches & salads, make for a refreshing change of pace in the out-for-lunch department. I often call ahead and pick up my order to take to work so I can look forward to a healthy, tasty lunch break. The restaurant is clean, the staff are super-friendly. The Chick is definitely a keeper.

2  Thank Eric_Hanson850

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I have been using the excuse of "corporate snacks" for my customers to attempt to get through all 15+ flavors of Chicken Salad Chick's offerings. Each time I have a taste of a new salad, I am transported to Chicken Salad heaven!! I prefer the 1lb. containers for light group lunches served with whole wheat crackers, but they sell the croissants and hoagie rolls and side salads such as grape and pasta separately. The staff is friendly and efficient, the restaurant is clean and simple and the prices reasonable. Free samples are offered to make your decision easier...if that is possible. The cookie of the day is always fresh and yummy and comes packed in dozen piece containers for take home. These folks take their chicken salad very seriously and it shows. Stop by and try one of their flavors and begin your quest for perfection!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Neat idea. I have never been to a place like this. I could not decide on all the great Chicken Salad options, so I ended up getting a (3) Salad Combo. We took it to go because the restaurant was so busy. It was really good. The Buffalo Chicken flavored one was my favorite. I would recommend trying this place out.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

I truly loved this restaurant! If you like chicken salad, this is the place to go! The have 15 to pick from. The chicken salad, broccoli salad and grape salad tasted as good as any I've ever made!

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Sure, this place looks like a ladies tea room, and sure, it's entire marketing approach trends toward working moms looking for a quick lunch or a take-me-home dinner in a tub, but if you decide this is a ladies-only kind of place, you will be missing some great chicken salad. I'm not talking good, here, I'm talking great.
Chicken salad is an art form. You can make it a hundred different ways. They have about 20, and the 20 they have are awesome. Born in Auburn, Alabama and franchised around the country, CSC makes 20 terrific varieties of chicken salad. I tried the cranberry and almond flavored and it was marvelous. My wife got the "Old South" version and she was very pleased. Manly men should try the sourdough bread; it's hearty and holds up well to the salad. My wife had a croissant, and it was big and tasty. The fruit salad is good, but the broccoli salad is great (and I normally don't like broccoli salad).
If you read the restaurant's story, you'll be pulling for the plucky lady who fought against pretty good odds to open her restaurant and make a go of it. I came away from this place realizing that people like Stacy Brown (who is featured in the story) are what make this country great. She believed in the magic of her dreams.
Yeah, it would be easy to write this off as a "chick place" and go get a burger, but your heart and your health will thank you if you instead drop in and eat something healthy. You won't regret it. (and next time I'm trying the pineapple flavor of chicken salad -- it looked really good).

1  Thank DeWitt65101