“Corned beef hash and brownie cheesecake”
Review of Donut Hole

Donut Hole
Ranked #1 of 20 Dessert in Destin
Price range: US$7 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Great meal! Selection was down a little as we ate dinner there. Supposedly open 24 hours. Should have gone for breakfast. Overall very good though and will go back for the deserts alone. Staff very friendly and reasonably priced. $60 for 4 people having dinner and desert.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,134)

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

We went here on recommendation.
It was good. I've had better donuts their barbarian cream was best. And never had key lime or peanut butter filled before. Key lime pie was okay really sweet. Oh and we ordered biscuits & gravy too and that was pretty good. It didn't wow me but was good. Staff seemed unhappy & aggravated

Reviewed 19 August 2014

The Donut Hole is sure to be a hit with the kids simply because of the name and the inviting curb appeal. It looks crowded with plenty of cars in the parking lot, so it MUST be good, right? Nope, don't waste your time. This place is way overpriced and overrated. The donuts are good, sure, but not the best I've ever had. Order anything else on the menu and you will be shocked at the bill. I ordered a basic bacon and eggs and coffee breakfast there, and it was sky high - close to $15, for something I can easily make at home for a few cents. This place takes advantage of travelers with their prices. The atmosphere is awful - depressing and impersonal. With so many other places to choose from, I will not be back.

4  Thank Destin-Vacation
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We tried to come here last year when we were visiting Destin, but it was too busy each time we tried. This year, we came later in the afternoon and did not have a wait to get seated. The waitress and the folks behind the counter were not particularly UNfriendly, but weren't as welcoming as we might have expected. We asked our waitress if they have a kids menu for our 10 year old to order from. She said yes, but they don't have one in writing. She quickly rambled off a list of what they offered for kids meals. We told her we would most likely order the kids cheeseburger meal, but that we wanted to know how much it cost. Even though we let her know specifically which meal we planned to order, all we could get out of her regarding price, was that the kids meals "started" at $3.50. Much to our surprise at bill time, the kids cheeseburger ended up being $7.50, which is more than the adult meal was, that I ordered for myself. We basically could have gotten my daugher just about anything she wanted on the menu, rather than making her stick to the few kids options, to try to "save" on money. For a restaurant that has been opened since the 1970s, my suggestion would be that it's about time to put the kids options AND prices, on the actual menu, or at least print off a separate kids menu. The surprise $8 kids burger seemed unnecessary. I will say that the food was decent, we didn't have any complaints on food quality. But for as popular and busy as this restaurant seems to be, we were expecting slightly better customer service, and more honest, up front kids menu pricing.

2  Thank RissaRoo82
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

We just ran in for donuts and key lime pie. Got a dozen donuts and a whole pie for $20+. Donuts paled in comparison to the donuts we got from Publix. We threw the last 3 away and our kids only ate the topping off of theirs. Pie was tasty. I didn't need a whole one and they offer a half pie but they charge by the slice...so you get stuck with a whole one.

1  Thank MidwestBeachLover