“Seafood is OK...A Bit Overpriced”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Pompano Joe's

Pompano Joe's
Ranked #22 of 300 Restaurants in Destin
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Caribbean, American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Local cuisine, View, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Pompano Joe's opened its doors in 1995 and quickly became known for their unique Caribbean style of seafood. Since then, it has become a destination restaurant for tourists and a favorite among the locals. The Caribbean flair shines through from our famous Reggae Rolls and Garlic Crusted Grouper to the brightly colored window frames that line the walls of our open-air restaurant. In 2013, we opened the second Pompano Joe's location at Pier Park in Panama City Beach, FL. When visiting Destin, South Walton or Panama City Beach, we hope you stop in and enjoy the great food, refreshing drinks and the best view on the Gulf Coast.
Elvis' Homeland
“Seafood is OK...A Bit Overpriced”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

When you eat here, you are definitely paying for the views. You are basically sitting on the beach.
Our waiter was super friendly and so were all of the other staff. The busboy chased us all the way out the restaurant and to the sidewalk to give me my baby's toy that he dropped. I thought that was so sweet. That alone is the reason I am giving this 4 stars.
I ordered the crab cakes and my husband had the blackened crab cake sandwich. They were good...nothing special. A bit overpriced. I think we paid about $50 before tip for the both of us and that didn't include any alcoholic beverages.
Go here if you want to sit on the beach and enjoy the beautiful gulf, If you are wanting fresh, interesting seafood, you might want to try something else.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank lilo723

Scaly Mountain, North Carolina
“Great View”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Local well known and respected restaurant for its seafood. Service was good; dinner served expediently; food quality OK. Front desk doesn't seem to care if you wait a minute or two hours. Staffed by kids.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank George M
Atlanta
“It never disappoints”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I have eaten here about five times on trips to Destin over the las 3 years. I always love what I order. Last night I had the crab cakes. The four of us shared the seafood nachos as an appetizer. The service last night was good. Our waiter, Evan, was efficient and attentive. I may walk down the beach to have lunch there later this week. They have pretty good fish tacos on their lunch menu.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank daisymagik
Birmingham, Alabama
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

2nd trip. This time in May. A lot more crowded than November. Line moved quickly. Entire parking lot full but still seated in about twenty minutes. Server great but out of crab claws which should be a staple. Ordered their recommended grouper and lobster dish this time. It was average at best. Last time gave food a 4, if being nice I would give a 3 this time. It was almost like fast food. My children enjoyed the chicken fingers but you can definitely do better.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank winchesterII
LaPlace, Louisiana
“Great place to party and eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

We ate there twice. wonderful food, local singer, kids can play at the beach until your table is ready. Would definitely go there again.

Visited September 2013