“Great location”

Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Pompano Joe's opened its doors in 1995 and quickly became known for their unique Caribbean style of seafood. Since then, it has become a destination restaurant for tourists and a favorite among the locals. The Caribbean flair shines through from our famous Reggae Rolls and Garlic Crusted Grouper to the brightly colored window frames that line the walls of our open-air restaurant. In 2013, we opened the second Pompano Joe's location at Pier Park in Panama City Beach, FL. When visiting Destin, South Walton or Panama City Beach, we hope you stop in and enjoy the great food, refreshing drinks and the best view on the Gulf Coast.
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Great views. Great location. Good food. Parking is pretty bad beacause restaurant is right by the public beach. Over all great!!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Fried shrimp Po Boy, bread not toasted but was like rubber anyway, pineapple slaw was awful. Shrimp were ok but hey we are at the beach its really hard to mess that up. It is a good place to sit have a drink and appetizer…I dropped 150 was far far from satisfied.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We have visited Destin several times and were initially reluctant to try Pompano Joe's. We were afraid we would not like the Caribbean-style offered by this place. However, this year, after looking at the menu online, we decided to give it a try. I am so glad we did.

We went with our 2 kids and the place was busy at 5:00 pm. We were seated quickly, right on the beach. Even though there is a lot of bar activity, I never felt uncomfortable with my kids. Yes people were having drinks, but I did not see anyone acting inappropriately in any way.

For an appetizer, we ordered the Reggae Rolls. They were exceptional. Seriously, one of the best appetizers I've ever had.

Since we were in a new place, my wife and I ordered shrimp. Mine were fried, hers bronzed. It was exceptional and was almost more than I could eat. For desert, we tried the key lime pie and it was, as you can imagine wonderful. Our service was wonderful. The young lady was quite helpful and made us feel very welcome.

We have added Pompano Joe's to our "must visit" places when we come to Destin.

I highly recommend.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Pompano Joe's has long been a staple of our visits to Destin. Ever since I got the coconut shrimp about 10 years ago (and loved it!) we've been coming back for more. This vacation we had some family and friends with us trying all sorts of foods.

On our first visit, I got my usual coconut shrimp - good as usual! A friend got the Grouper Reuben and was raving about how good it was so I tried some of the meat. Delicious! So good, in fact, that I made sure I got back to get one myself later the next week. It was one of the best fish sandwiches I've had. Very good quality grouper (real grouper, not what some places try to pass for grouper), cooked well and put together in a really great sandwich.

Service seemed much better than our visit about 3 years ago and I'm glad. We'd liked this place for a long time and based on the last visit some years ago we were considering dropping it from our "must visit" list. I'm glad we didn't!

Pompano Joe's remains one of our favorite Destin hot-spots. Check it out!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I had the smothered chicken. A little spicy, but still good. The view of the Gulf was beautiful. There are 13 of us and we seated right waay.