“Take the Winter Blues Away with this view”

Majestic Sun at Seascape Resort
Ranked #21 of 55 Speciality Lodging in Destin
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We went down for a short trip with friends to get away from the freezing cold weather we were having up north. The view from our room was awesome. All rooms in this particular resort(building) view the beach. Looking at white sand is much better than looking at white snow. We spent as much time (weather permitting) at the beach. A short walk across the street, and you are there. There were a couple days of rain and cooler weather(it is February) but there was plenty to do with the outlet malls, restaurants, and a movie theater. We did rent bikes one day and had a blast. The resort has a hot tub, heated indoor/outdoor pool, and they were just filling up the regular outside pool. There is a "cleaning fee" of 125.00, so don't forget to read the fine print. This does not mean they are coming in daily to clean or give you fresh towels. This you have to do yourself(so be sure to stop at the store and pick up laundry soap and extra toilet paper) Check in was a little confusing. There are several buildings in this same area and our confirmation did not say where to check in so we went to the building we thought we were staying in and then was directed to another. Once we were in the right place, check in was fast, and the person friendly. At the end of our stay, they did allow us to store our luggage for a couple of hours in the office since our departure time was late. If you don't rent a car to use while you are down there, I would highly recommend Destin Airport Shuttle and Taxi Service. We had Chris and Jeremy as drivers at different times. They were awesome! Clean vehicles, professional, and great with advice of what to do or where to go.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank akelleyrdh
SeascapeDestin, Guest Relations Manager at Majestic Sun at Seascape Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself! We hope to see you again soon. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

We had a few days available after Christmas, thought it might be fun to go to the beach for a few days. We stayed in Condo 710 in building A of Majestic Sun. The view of the ocean was wonderful. This is what we were looking for. I was traveling with my parents who are older, and they loved the view of the ocean from the balcony. The weather was cold, but that what I expected the day after Christmas. Destin weather sits around the 50's to 60's this time of year, and with the wind, it is cool. It is not snow.. so all is good. I chose Majestic Sun because they have an indoor pool that is heated, that has access to an outdoor pool, swim through, it is pretty cool, My 12 year old son loved it. The beach is across the road, with unobstructed views. At this time of year you really need a heated indoor pool to enjoy swimming. The location is perfect, close to grocery stores such as Win Dixie, just around the corner, a publix on the way in, and Yes the outlet mall you could walk to. Not with small children, it is about 1 1/2 walk, crossing the road is busy. There is a 5 guys around the corner. This location really is ideal for walking the beach, and exploring the village.

Room Tip: You really get what you pay for when booking hotels, so if you are looking for a family friendly hot...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Beachseeker78
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I stayed here in a one bedroom condo while on an extended work trip. The location right on the beach was the best part. I stayed on the 10th floor which gave me an excellent view. The bedroom had a bright light right by the window and with only thin shades it was too bright for a comfortable sleep. I ended up putting aluminum foil over the window in order to sleep. Many of the kitchen amenities that one might expect, such as salt and pepper, were not provided and had to be purchased. If you are staying here for vacation, it would be good to bring your own kitchen items. The first night the smoke alarm battery wore out and began beeping. The Resort Quest managers were able to fix this the next day. A number of light bulbs were burned out and needed replacing too. Despite the problems, I would stay here again for an extended stay. For a shorter stay, I would opt for the Residence Inn down the street, which also has kitchen facilities. The location near the beach made it worthwhile.

Room Tip: Choose an upper floor if possible
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Alpinist01
Reviewed 19 August 2013

This is our second visit to the Gulf and Majestic Sun and I have to say we enjoy it more with each trip! Our stay at 605 was even more comfortable than before. The condo is so roomy that everyone could enjoy their own comfort zone- I especially loved my morning coffee on the balcony watching the waves. My son loved his time away from the office by relaxing in the comfortable chairs on the beach & the Grandchildren loves both the beach & the pools. Majestic Sun is also conveniently located to shopping, restaurants, and many activities. We will be back,

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Laura F
Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

Great location, however the condo we stayed in needed a little maintenance such as toilet seats were unstable and loose. Also needed Internet connection. View from the 10th floor was fabulous. air conditioning was amazingly quite.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We stayed in a 3 Bedroom - 12th Floor Unit (VRBO# 37440). MAGNIFICENT!! My wife and I just returned home from a tremendous and relaxing week at the Majestic Sun with our daughter/son-in-law and two of of our grandchildren. I cannot be more complimentary of both this condo and Kerry (the owner). Let’s start with the owner: They are fabulous! They are friendly, helpful, and kind. Plus they are very communication-oriented, courteous, and prompt. They also have very good taste: The condo is like “home-away-from-home”. We found the Condo beautifully decorated (the pictures are accurate but don't do the unit justice). The unit is stocked with EVERYTHING we needed. We prepared a couple of meals in the condo and had all the utensils required. We thoroughly enjoyed sitting on the deck in the mornings and evenings enjoying the view, the ocean breeze, and watching for dolphins. Can’t wait to return – had a FANTASTIC (but too short) visit…. (Tips: Park on the 3rd level of the parking garage and use the breezeway to cross to the main building and then take the elevator up to the 12th floor. My wife says that I must mention: If you love shopping (as she does) the condo is located less than a mile from the Silver Sands Outlet (+ Starbucks), is very close to Shoppes @ Grand Boulevard and SanDestin, and is not to far from Destin Commons + my favorite - Bass Pro Shop). I also want to recommend a few restaurants Floyds Shrimp House, Dewey Destin, The Back Porch for dinner, Pompano Joes for lunch, and Another Broken Egg & DoNut Hole for Breakfast. Again... MAGNIFICENT CONDO and OWNERS... HIGHLY RECOMMENDED...

Room Tip: We have stayed in several units... Our advice is to communicate with the owner. If the owner does n...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank BB B
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We have stayed here 4 times. All the condos have been as advertised. Good location. The walk across the road is no problem and the beach is good. Can be a bit crowded in peak season but hey it's Destin so what do you expect. The price is competitive as well. You get what you see in the advertising. We will continue to stay here when we can

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scott H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Destin
Wyndham Vacation Resorts Majestic Sun
Ariel Dunes at Seascape Resort
The Beach House Condominiums
Crystal Sands Condominiums
Leeward Key Condominiums
Sterling Shores
Sterling Shores
#20 of 55 in Destin

Been to Majestic Sun at Seascape Resort? Share your experiences!