“Appearance”

Ranked #11 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Voorhees, United States
“Appearance”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This hotel should be avoided. The entrance is by a Trash Enclosure from Fast Food restaurants, that are overflowing with Trash and grease, that smells when the tempertature is HOT. The Port Cachere faces the rear of the restaurants.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

3 Thank Charles B
Tim M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Destin-Sandestin, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Charles B,
I am sorry you were disappointed with the entrance to the hotel. We do have two ways to enter the hotel area, one is past the dumpster area and the other is past the retail shops. As you may have noted this area is big on retail with the 125 outlet shops across the street. When I first arrived in this area I to found some of the odor's different, I do know being on the Gulf Coast is different from were I have lived in the past. I do hope you will consider us again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed there on a family vacation booked through HHonors. The room was good, and the hotel overall was nice. The only complaint I have would be on location. It can be confusing on how to get to it. It would be nicer if there were a path or sidewalk heading towards the beaches. But I can't fault the hotel itself for that. It was a good stay for the price and I would recommend if you don't mind the drive to the beach to save a few bucks.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank TW35
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This hotel is close to the beaches without being directly on the beach. It's very close to shopping if that's your thing. The only thing to note is it's location is directly behind a shopping strip (not good or bad; just good to know). The room was very clean, bathroom clean, furnishings were modern enough. Beds were average nothing fancy, my daughter said the mattress was a little too firm. All areas of the hotel were well maintained. My family enjoyed this trip; just wish the hotel offered suites; separate bedroom for couples that have kids but want privacy. It was worth the money.

Birmingham, United States
Reviewed 25 June 2014

For the price of the room, I am not sure that you could beat the quality, cleanliness and service anywhere else. The hotel itself was very nice and clean. The layout was typical of a Hampton Inn and the interior was very up to date. Each time I stay at a Hampton I think the breakfast gets a little better and has more options. I am usually leery of hotel breakfast but this was very good. I had reserved a King room which ended up overbooked. As a result, I stayed in a double queen room that was very nice and roomy. I was able to work at the desk and then switch to a chair with ottoman for reading. While I usually have trouble sleeping on hotel beds, this one was quite comfortable. And while I did not use the pool, I parked by it and it was clean and user friendly. A couple of families were enjoying the pool when I visited. The location of the pool was reasonably private from anyone other than guests. As some people have mentioned, access to the hotel is a little tricky. However, as long as you follow the signs it is not a problem. The location shared parking with a Dunkin Donuts, McAlister's Deli and an IHOP which was convenient.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Sugar Land, Tx., United States
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The location is excellent. Quick access to the beach area. We were informed of a fine eating establishment on the beach--wonderful food. Hotel staff was helpful and guided us to locations we sought. Destin has wonderful beach areas, fabulous food and fun activities for the entire family.

Richfield, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Hotel was overall clean and comfortable. Complimentary breakfast had a great selection and varied the hot foods day to day. Access to hotel was poor though. Had to drive through small fast food parking lots to get to the Hampton's parking lot. Short drive to beach. Occas difficult to find parking but watch for the public access to beach signs and try to park across street.

Senoia, United States
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We had a 8 foot high wall, 2 feet from our window! It completely blocked any view. It felt like a prison cell. I spoke with the front deck clerk about it and he was not helpful in changing our room. I got the impression from him that there was not another room in our price class, so he would not change our room. Additionally, the toilet in the bathroom filled so slowly that it could only be flushed about once every 3 to 5 minutes. Completely unacceptable.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Tim M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Destin-Sandestin, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry you did not like your first night stay, and as I told you at check out we have a 100% guarantee. I have removed the charge of one night from your bill. The hotel was designed with the rooms in those positions and some people like them. Again I am sorry for your stay in a room that did not exceed your expectation and I am happy to refund that nights stay. I do hope the room you were moved to did meet your expectation and that you will return to stay with us again.