“Nice, clean well-kept condos on the beach”

Crystal Sands Condominiums
Ranked #30 of 55 Speciality Lodging in Destin
Monroe, Louisiana, United States
“Nice, clean well-kept condos on the beach”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We stayed a week here and our 2nd floor condo was clean, well-stocked with plenty of towels, and the beach chairs/umbrella that was included made it very nice. We enjoyed sipping coffee and reading on the balcony as we watched the waves.
The only down side is that we were near the pool and it was noisy; the bedroom is on the front so if you wanted a mid-day nap that close to the pool, I'd suggest earplugs. Also, it sounded like a herd of elephants over us on the 3rd floor; we had travel companions staying on the first floor and they said the people over them were noisy as well so not sure if we both had unfortunate vacationers above us or if it was just not much insulation between floors. But for the price, we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Stay on the 3rd floor and on the OPPOSITE end from the pool if you want peace.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank terrig308

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 22 May 2013

105B is exactly what we needed and wanted! It is incredibly clean and completely updated. You could not possibly get closer to the beach. It is the perfect area in Destin, close enough to everything but not too close. The agent was great to work with. It was the perfect stay!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sandi k
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 May 2013

We stayed in 101B, loved the location & convenience to the beach. The condo was ok, but had correctable problems: slow draining bath tub, musty (maybe cigarette smoke), dated televisions, uncomfortable patio furniture, pots & pans were very worn, needs new mattress, no pantry. We would probably stay here again, the price was great & the issues were just inconvenient.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dianag1201
Hendersonville, tN
Reviewed 10 April 2013

This is a response to the review below for 105B. I was actually apprehensive about our stay here due to that particular reviewer (thanks for that!)...so I would hate for one persons experience to negatively affect this location going forward.

Our experience could not have been more different. The condo was extremely clean, and there is no better view in the Destin area. This is a first floor (of 3) condo, and opens up to a boardwalk of sorts that leads to the beach access. (The upper floors have private balconies of course.). The showers for rinsing sand off etc are in the middle of the complex. This particular room is diagonal to that, and you can see people there if you look over. The same would be true for any room in the complex except for the next one over (107?). And as far as seeing staff around: to my knowledge, there is none, so Im not sure what "staff" they are referring to, except maybe the private company that places the umbrellas on the beach. There are 2 flat screen TVs in this particular unit, with the local cable feed of 80 channels give or take.

But excellent place. excellent location right off the new bridge. Would recommend to anyone, especially those with families. The one negative of this place is the public beach access is right next to it, so the beach stays a bit more crowded.

And yes, this is a real review, not from the owner :)

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank cham2_13
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 17 March 2013

We have stayed in many condos in Destin and hands down this was the best yet! The owner has spent a lot of time and money making this condo extra special. The kitchen and bathrooms were beautiful!
Not to mention, we were directly on the beach. It was a quiet unit too. We would recommend this unit. Call the owner if you have questions, she is very nice and helpful.
858-518-7425
We booked on VRBO.
listing. Vrbo.com/454793

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank Rob L
Greenwood, MS
Reviewed 28 February 2013

I love Crystal Sands Condos. My family (5 people) have stayed in 2 different units here over the past two summers. We always get a bottom floor, one bedroom condo so that we can simply walk out onto our patio and onto the beach. I love that I can watch my teen walk to and from the condo from the beach; or if I was inside w/my toddler, I could still see my family. The rooms are clean and well-kept and many discounts/coupons/etc are given to you in a folder along with your key. There are not any restaurants within walking distance which is only a con for couples, but not really a problem for my family since I prefer to drive with my children. I am sure I will be back!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank tori_haddon
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 25 October 2012

My sons and I traveled to Destin for a family wedding. We stayed in condo unit 202B. It's georgous. Beautifully decorated and very comfortable. Other family stayed in units 205B and 315A. These units were also very nice.

The property sits directly on the beach and all units offer an amazing view of the ocean. This is worth the stay in itself. The property is not fancy, and the pools there are not all that great. If you're looking for a resort or spa vacation this isn't it. But if you're looking for a comfortable property located right on the sands with easy access to many conveniences - this is a perfect place.

The bunk beds in the hall were long enough to accommodate my 6'3" sons, and the pull out sofa sleeper was comfortable. Some of the units are better equipped in terms of kitchen items - so be prepared to have to purchase coffee filters, etc. Some units appeared to have them, others didn't.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Where2GoWhere2go
Also consider these accommodations in or near Destin
Crystal Dunes Resort
#47 of 55 in Destin
Beachside Inn
Beachside Inn
#1 of 3 in Destin

Been to Crystal Sands Condominiums? Share your experiences!