“WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!”

Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar, Grill
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Opening February 17, 2014!
LaPorte, Indiana
“WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Now I understand how rough it could be for a server or for a restaurant on busy days I get it I worked in all fields of the restaurant industry . But what my family and I experienced on our vacation was horrible ! We went for lunch on the top deck area right on the water beautiful view .but once it was time to settle down and have lunch all went down hill from there . Our server was rude and ignorant we felt like we were a burden for her we had a allergy issue at our table and when we found out the food wasn't made to accommodate my mothers allergy she didn't even show any form of care and my mother ended up leaving and eventually had to be rushed home to get her medicine ! Not even a manager came to apologize half of our meals were wrong the service was horrible and to leave paying over 100 bucks was just a joke ! She came up to us and told us 10% was taken off our bill and walked away !No manager ,no I'm sorry, it was a joke ! It was honestly the worst experience I have ever had .I do not recommend this place at all now reading the reviews I should of known better ! We did call management and is being offered gift cards which is nice . But i think for what we payed we should of been offered out money back. I really don't want to step foot in another margaritaville again ! Do not bother with this place ! Especially if you don't want to ruin your vacation !

1 Thank penam1444
CourtneyGuestService, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritaville Destin, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
penam1444 - We are very sorry this is the experience you and your family had on your visit. Customer service and taking care of our guests is our top priority, so your comments are being addressed. This is not what you should expect from us and we do hope you choose to give us another chance in the future to earn the trust of you and your family.

Margaritaville Management Team

Navarre, Florida
“Poor service, expensive”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I wanted to like this restaurant and have fun, but it was not to be. Got there about 12:45 on a Friday, they did not appear too busy. One hostess said someone will be right with you. The next girl came and checked us in. And then finally someone else took us to our table (There was no one else waiting and there were plenty of tables available, don't know why the wait). It took almost 5 minutes for someone to come take our drink order and almost another 5 minutes for someone else to bring them. Unfortunately, our waitress seemed harried and not overly friendly. I ordered lava lava shrimp and a diet coke. The shrimp was okay, nothing outstanding. Portion size seemed small for $13.00. My total was $18.00 - for a quick lunch, small appetizer and Diet Coke. That seemed pricey to me and on top of that service was not good. Will not go back.

• Visited April 2014
CourtneyGuestService, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritaville Destin, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
nancy s - We apologize for the experience you describe here, especially since you were so excited to visit. We never want our guests to leave feeling this way, and we don't want to lose you, so your comments will be taken very serious.

Margaritaville Management Team
Washington, Missouri
“Confusion”
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Stopped in at 6:00 on the evening for a margarita. No one working top deck bar so we went in to the restaurant area. Asked the bartender if we could sit at a table by the window and have a couple of drinks. She had to get permission from manager despite there being nobody in the place.
Ordered my margarita and it came served in a tall cocktail glass instead of a margarita glass and I was never asked "salt or no salt" for the rim. The place is new but there is a real lack of training for the crew. PS, the margarita wasn't that good.

cstx
“Skip it”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We rented a boat nearby and were out on the water all day. We decided to dock up close by and give this place a shot. It was a bad decision, I will never go back. There was only a handful of people dining at the time we came in. Service was so slow, if you don't have two hours to eat a meal don't stop. Two of us had a margarita, and it was the smallest one I have ever had. It was all ice and about the size of a martini glass. We had burgers and chicken wings, all of it was ok but nothing special at all. The real problem in the end was the cost, everything was ridiculous pricing. I would have paid it for extraordinary food and service, but it missed the mark big time. There are so many great places to dine in the area, do not waist your time or money on the place please.

• Visited April 2014
San Antonio, Texas
“OK Food -- Drinks”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Nothing much here except Jimmy Buffet fans and average food and drinks. Place gets real busy after 9 pm when the Happy Hour prices begin and live music on the weekends. Stop in if you are a fan and grab a drink....found other locations close by to offer better food and drink prices.

Visited April 2014