“Great Spring Break!! Super staff and property”

Residence Inn by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard
Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Destin
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I can't say enough wonderful things about this property. Newly updated rooms, plenty of friendly, outgoing staff. The guys in black shirts (engineering/housekeeping?) went out of their way to fetch elevators, hold doors. Very courteous. Traveled with 15, 13, and 11 year old kids and they had much to do (basketball, tennis, pool, hot tub) Patrick, Patrick, Patrick.. great employee! Went out of his way to say hi make our stay the best it could be. Rosalie and Juvy very friendly. Always greeted us by name. Jimena was very kind. Close to great shopping and restaurants. About a 15 minute walk to the Baytowne Wharf resort area for nightlife. We grilled out 2 meals on the hotel grill and hotel staff filled in a few of the gaps in our picnic (ketchup, paper plates, etc) This is a nice location between the Destin area and the South Walton Beaches. Gorgeous beaches!! Will definitely travel to this area and stay here again.

Room Tip: quieter rooms are away from the road
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Murrmaid0609

Reviewed 25 March 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a long weekend with our pet. The rooms were clean and fresh. Towels and linens were new and plush. The hotel staff was very friendly and accomidating with any question we had. I would stay here again if in the Destin/Sandestin area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TLB_017
Reviewed 23 March 2014

This is a great residence inn. The staff is helpful, friendly, and polite. The property is well kept, rooms are nicely furnished and decorated. We are thinking of returning to Destin and we will return to this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah B
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Great close driving access to public beach to the east at Dune Allen--all families and locals (less crowded than "town" Destin and resort areas). Would have rated cleanliness higher but our trash wasn't taken out and we weren't given new towels when they took the old ones. Other than that the room was spacious, nice, full kitchen, comfy. Pool was nice, breakfast had a lot of variety..free parking. Customer service was great, manager was able to give us an upgrade upon arrival and checkout staff, Vita and Juvy, were wonderful.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 21 March 2014

When you live in a hotel for a long period of time, you really get to know it. I have stayed at this hotel four years in a row, for both short and long-term stays. You must try it!

First, it's really the best location in Sandestin. You cannot walk to shops and restaurants from any other hotel. At least not good ones. This hotel is on Grand Blvd. and everything is a short walk away, even the movie theatre. Two lights away and you are at Silver Sands Outlet Mall.

It does not sit on the beach, but the beach is minutes away---the beach can be really noisy. REALLY noisy during the high seasons---like summer and Spring Break. If you stay at Sandestin, it will take you over an hour just to get out of the resort at night. I am not kidding! If you stay here, you will be on Higway 98 in less than a minute. (Highway 98 is the main drag to everywhere).

The best beach during the high seasons is on 30A (15 minutes east), not here in Sandestin---unless you want to be crunched in person to person, and in that case this is still the great place to stay because that fun beach is on Old Highway 98 (5 minutes west of the hotel.)

If you stay at most places, you are going to be hitting Panera in the morning and waiting in that line. Here, you just walk down the hall and it's all free---waffles you make yourself, scrambled eggs, an assortment of breads and cereals and potatoes and meats. Hot oatmeal and grits. Juices. All sorts of toppings---raisins, walnuts, blueberries, strawberries, chocolate chips, whipped cream and on and on. Oh, and three fresh fruits every morning. GREAT breakfast! Easy, accessible, and freeeeee! And 2 to 3 nights a week you also get dinner. It's just so convenient.

Now as others have said, the staff will wow you. When I stayed here last year, I was certain the breakfast staff this year could not be out done. This year the staff was equally as great---amazing! Jimena, Patrick, Rita, Bryan---all right there to get you whatever you need!

The housekeeping staff is just as big of a wow. I don't like air freshener and forgot to tell them this year---oh, but they remembered! They gave me the same room attendant as last year---Jackie, who is awesome, and Carolina, just as awesome. Try getting service like this anywhere else. If you need something special, like a fluffy comforter or extra plates---Richard or Agelica will bring them right away---also awesome.

If you need help with anything---making coffee, a spill, more paer towels---the housemen and housewomen will be there before you put the phone down---Charese, Johnathan, Juan, Luis, and the jamaican whose name I forget (forgive me!). Remember, I had a three month stay, so these people were a regular part of my life.

Invariably you need the help of the front desk---for everything. And they never make you feel like a problem. There goal is to make your stay the best ever--Vita, Daniel, Juvi, Keesha, Rosalie, Perry, Luis.

Engineering is there for all the clogs. I passed Abie in the hall and mentioned one and he followed me right back to my room and took care of that. C'mon, anywhere else it would have taken some time. Alvarro has helped me with all sorts of things---my dog, my tires. And it has meant so much to me!!! More than I can say!

So, this is why I return. Try it. You will love living here! Also, there's a pool, hot tub, gym, basketball court, and tennis.

Room Tip: Personally, I get a corner room on the east to get the morning sun. It is right by the road and I ke...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank MovingToFL
Reviewed 19 March 2014

The hotel was very clean and quiet, the service people couldn't have been any better or more accommodating. They all seemed to really enjoy working here which is always a good sign. The room was large and very comfortable and there were enough electrical outlets for all our gadgets which can be hard to find.
The quality and variety of the breakfasts was the best, and we had two evening "parties" with food and drinks in the lobby two of the 5 days we were there.
We would be very happy to stay again, it was great.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Great hotel and great location! This hotel offered fast check in, large suite with small kitchen, updated television to serve the bedroom and sitting area rooms. The king size bed was not comfortable at all! Neither my husband or I had one good night sleep during our stay. The hotel was full so we had to remain in the same uncomfortable bed. The hotel had many guests from the east coast that were there to avoid the heavy snow at their home town. Except for the bed, we had a good stay here. The weather changed and all of the bridges were closed due to the ice so we had to stay an additional night. The hotel offered great breakfast, evening horderves and wine. The breakfast area was very spacious, comfortable and clean. This area workers did a great job on keeping the tables clean and bring additional food out to avoid it from being out. This hotel was next door to a shopping area, movie theater, and great restaurants. It was a short drive to Destin area. Hotel had free parking and plenty of room to park. Great hotel! We were there on a business trip for a few days but we would definitely visit again rather it's business or personal trip.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Grace_Baby
Tania K, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

I am glad that you enjoyed your business stay with us at the Residence Inn Sandestin. Thank you for your comments regarding the breakfast, social hour and appearance of our Gatehouse! The breakfast team we have is exceptional and thank you for recognizing their hard work and great service. I regret that you experienced discomfort with the mattress type in your room - I hope that you will be able to join us again soon so that we can make sure you are more comfortable! The ice storm was certainly not something you would expect here in Florida but I am happy that we were able to accommodate you during that time. I hope the next time you are here that the weather is nicer so you can enjoy our gorgeous beaches and parks!