We stayed here our last night in Destin as we wanted to get some sun before going to airport, and we didn't have enough time to go to the beach and the pool at this property gets great morning sun. We were made to feel welcome from the moment I approached the front desk to check-in. Without asking, I was upgraded from a studio to a one bedroom unit due to my status in Marriott Rewards. I was also offered a late check-out! Our room was a standard Residence Inn one bedroom - kitchen/living room combo with desk, sofa sleeper, table with chairs, tv, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, stove, pots, cooking utensils, glassware, china, and flatware. There is complimentary coffee and microwave popcorn in the room. The bedroom had another tv. The bedroom was a bit small as I could not pull my suitcase between the bed and dresser.
There is a complimentary breakfast buffet seven days a week. When we were there it included fruit, yogurt, scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, bacon, hash, breakfast breads, waffles, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and juice. I saw staff constantly cleaning up the area and emptying the trash. It was quite busy the morning we ate there, so we had to claim a table as soon as we arrived in the clubhouse. The hotel also offers a manager's reception two - three nights a week (not on weekends).
When we arrived in our room we turned the ice maker on and a bit later my husband heard a pop. When he went into the kitchen he discovered the floor was covered with water. We couldn't figure out exactly where the water was coming from, but suspected the refrigerator. After cleaning up the water I called the front desk to let them know about the leak. Someone from engineering was at our room in a matter of minutes. After pulling the fridge out he discovered that the water line had come loose. He hooked everything back up and cleaned up the water under the fridge. Minutes after he left there was a knock at the door and it was a staff member with a card and bottle of wine! The note had an apology for the inconvenience!! I thought that was a very nice touch!
Staff members always had a smile and said hello. In addition to the pool there is a hot tub, sport court, and bbq area. The hotel offers complimentary WiFi and parking. There are numerous restaurants, shops, and a grocery near the hotel, and the beaches aren't too far away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to Residence Inn Sandestin at Grand Boulevard, one of the premier extended-stay hotels in Destin, Florida, featuring beautifully renovated suites that include complete kitchens and distinct living and sleeping areas for those traveling for business or leisure. Guests enjoy the ease of courtesy high-speed Internet access in their suites and public areas. Our Destin, FL, extended-stay hotel’s leisure activities include an outdoor sport court, reading library, outdoor swimming pool, and a barbecue and picnic area the whole family will enjoy. Leave the cooking to us and join other guests for two courtesy social hours during the week and daily complimentary hot breakfast buffets. At this extended-stay Destin accommodation, all four-legged friends are welcome, so truly the entire family can enjoy some time away. Start enjoying your new residence at Residence Inn Sandestin at Grand Boulevard. It's not just another extended-stay Destin, FL, hotel. It's not just a room. It's a residence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, Marriott, Priceline, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn Sandestin at Grand Boulevard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Sandestin At Grand Boulevard Hotel Destin
- Residence Inn Destin
- Destin Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Sandestin At Grand Boulevard Destin, Florida