“Best Hotel Stay I Ever Had!!”

Courtyard by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard
Ranked #4 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Montgomery, Alabama
“Best Hotel Stay I Ever Had!!”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This was the best hotel stay that I ever had!!! From the time we walked in the hotel we were greeted with the warmest smile and hello from Graham at the front desk. He was welcoming and friendly.He called us as soon as we made it to our room to make sure everthing was ok. Graham made us feel like we were at home and I recommand he gets a raise or promotion. The staff was excellent and Meya at the bar was very sweet and her smile lights up a room. I will be back every year from now on.

Room Tip: Any room you choose will be great
Green Features: Courtyard Sandestin Grand Bolevard is very environmentally fiendly.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Tania K, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you so much!! Graham is definitely a valued member of our hotel team and thank you for posting about your interaction with him! Mikka at the Bistro is also a cherished part of our family and I am grateful to you for recognizing her. I can't wait to welcome you back next year - and please reach out to me if there is anything I can do to make your future stays more memorable!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at this property for a couple of nights. I was warmly greeted at check-in by Graham. I am Platinum for life in Marriott Rewards and Graham informed me they were completely booked, so he would be unable to upgrade me to a suite. He was able to upgrade me to a resort/golf course view room with a balcony. At first I was a little worried as our room was next to the stairway, but there was no noise from that. We only heard other guests a couple of times during this stay.

The hotel has a bistro, pool, and complimentary WiFi and parking. The room was a standard Courtyard room with coffee maker and "chiller" instead of mini-fridge. We never had an issue finding a parking spot. The hotel is located near numerous restaurants, shopping areas, and the beach. We went to the beach after check-out and did not want to leave our luggage in our car, so I asked if they could hold our bags. They graciously said they could hold them in the back room. I had no problem when I returned later in the day to collect our luggage. The only problem we encountered was that the ice machine near our room did not work during our stay. I reported it to the front desk, but it was not working the next day. If maintenance could not fix it they should have put an out-of-order sign on it.

We will stay here again when we are in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank UOtterTravel
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay! We know that you have many choices when you travel, and firstly I would like to thank you for choosing Marriott. To be a Platinum member for life shows an incredibly amount of loyalty to our brand and I am very pleased to see that we met your expectations here at the Courtyard Sandestin. Thank you for pointing out the issue with our Ice Machine - I will definitely work on improving our communication immediately. I am happy to see that Graham was able to accommodate you in one of our Resort View rooms and I hope you enjoyed it! I look forward to welcoming you back to the future!
Westville, Indiana
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights at the Courtyard Sanderson at Grand Boulevard earlier this month. I mentioned to Sam we were celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary. Shortly after we arrived in our room we received a gift of goodies from the staff congregating us on our 50 years of marriage.
The hotel was beautiful and very clean.
I am learning how to use my smartphone.
Sam and Erika were very helpful.
Graham showed me how to download a beautiful screensaver.
Can't say enough about the great staff!
I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VirginiaEllenMartin
What a great visit you had with us! Sam, Graham and Erika all had wonderful things to say about you guys! Thank you for choosing to spend such a special occasion with us - and thank you also for posting such a lovely review of our hotel! Congratulations on your 50th Anniversary!
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

I would come again to this hotel. The room was a little bit smaller than I thought it would be, but it was clean and it didn't smell like cigarettes !!! The staff at the front desk were extremely nice . The staff at the restaurant downstairs near the lobby were very nice as well.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Tania K, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you so much for the review! I am proud of our hotel and the work we do every day - and I am happy to see that you would return to us in the future if given the opportunity. I understand that you found our standard sized room small to your liking - please let me recommend that you try one of our King or Double Queen Suites or perhaps our Presidential Suite during your next visit! Those rooms are quite spacious and have separate living and sleeping quarters. Thank you also for complimenting our Food and Beverage staff at the Bistro! We strive to deliver service that is second to none!
Jacksonville, Arkansas
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Comfortable hotel and really pretty. Everything was clean and there was a bar and deli on location. The only negative is the air conditioner. It was extremely loud which made it hard to sleep. It may have just been in our room. Hotel is very close to the outlets and next door to Applebee's. Lots of places to eat surrounding the hotel. Staff greeted you every time you walk in or out. Great stay!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
I am glad to see that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay! Thank you for your kind words regarding our cleanliness and staff. I sincerely apologize that the air conditioning unit volume was unsatisfactory. We will work diligently to correct that issue and appreciate you bringing it to our attention.
Destin, Florida
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We had a recent event at the Courtyard Marriott in Destin, FL. The facility is gorgeous. What our attendees remarked about was how easy it was to find this hotel & how 'perfect' our meeting room was. We even had a Starbucks across the hall from our room! All of the staff were helpful & friendly. I would definitely recommend the Courtyard Marriott for events & for overnight stays. It's 5 minutes from the beautiful beaches of the Panhandle of Florida & there's plenty of shopping nearby.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Joy L
Here at the Courtyard Sandestin, we have many types of travelers and I am so happy that our facility was perfect for your business needs. Our Meeting Rooms have been recently renovated to provide a top-of-the-line venue for your conference, training, or other professional events. Not to mention that we brew Starbucks coffee 24 hours! Please reach out to me if I can be of any assistance in the future, and thank you so much for posting!
Delton, Michigan
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We recently stayed at the Courtyard Sandestin at Grand Boulevard and had an amazing stay! This hotel is impeccably clean which is what I care most about when traveling. But aside from how wonderfully kept, and perfectly situated this hotel was, the very first thing we were presented with upon walking through the door was the amazing hotel staff. The on-duty desk representative, and I must name names because she was that good, Kena (sp?), was so accommodating and friendly! We arrived much earlier than check-in time. We had two small girls and had been in the car a long time. She was able to get us into our room right then and there! All we wanted to do was see the beach and she took the time to show us a map and describe the best spots for finding seashells. She went the extra mile for us and it truly meant a lot. If you are looking for not only a great place to stay but also great treatment and customer service, this is your place!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kristin F
Thank you so much! Kina is an asset to our team and it is evident in your post that she delivers top quality customer service. Thank you for taking the time to recognize her! We pride ourselves on our cleanliness and service and I am so glad that we met (and even exceeded) your expectations! Thank you for visiting us with your family, and we hope to welcome you back soon!