“You should stay here”

Ranked #4 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Detroit, Michigan
“You should stay here”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed here for a wedding. Was not disappointed. Good location and nice hotel. Lots to do, just down the street. This place is clean and they have nice beds. Nice lobby. I asked the staff for help and they were spot on with the recommendations.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed for 2 nights because my daughter had given birth to her first baby at the Sacred Heart Hospital nearby. Her husband was staying with her. Service given to me was exceptional, especially by Sam & Lyza. Even present for my daughter & son-in-law. I was 100% impressed with the courtesy & personal touches. I live in Sydney, Australia

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank 15molly
Tania K, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Congratulations! I am so happy that we were able to provide you with your accommodations while you welcomed a new member to your family. Sam and Lyza are wonderful front desk agents and I am so glad to see that they were able to assist you during this amazing time. I know you were a long way from Sydney, but I hope that we were able to make you feel at home! We look forward to welcoming you back to our property the next time you are in town to visit.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for one night, they let us check in an hour early and were so friendly. They suggested places we could go and gave us a gift certificate to a nearby restaurant. The room was very clean and the shower was GREAT! It had a shower seat, which I loved. The spa was warm, clean and not crowded. The lobby had a Starbucks and a bar which was nice. The hotel was within walking distance to a lot of shopping and a movie theatre. The place smelled great too! Beautiful modern decor and a homey comfortable feeling. Overall an amazing place and we will be going again! The only negative was that the air conditioner in the room was kind of loud, woke me up once or twice, and in the hallways you could hear other people in their rooms. Our room was tucked away in the corner though so nothing could be heard from inside the actual room.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Tania K, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you so much for your review! I am so happy that you had a lovely time at our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our proximity to great dining and entertainment options and that our front desk staff was able to assist you with recommendations! Our newly renovated rooms are aimed at being comfortable and modern and I am pleased that you found them to your liking. We all appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Katy, Texas
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My family stayed here over the weekend to visit Destin beaches. The facility is very clean with cozy ambiance. The location is not on the beach but few minutes away, approximately 3-5 miles. Regardless, the stay is still well worth it. You get to rest comfortably after driving around Destin and enjoying the beach. Shopping areas and restaurants are close. There is an Applebee's restaurant across which is really convenient since you can just walk from the hotel. We ordered from the Bistro and it was well prepared and tasted great. David and Mikka were excellent!!! I enjoyed having a little conversation with them while waiting for our meal as they prepare our food. I was amazed watching Mikka as she warmly greet guests and take orders. She even remembers their preferred meal and drinks. Thanks to Sam at the front desk as well for assisting us find nice places around Destin and to Hermilyn (I’m not sure about her name) who always greeted us with a warm smile every single time we walk by the front desk. Overall, we had great experience and enjoyed our stay here. We are planning to come back to Destin and stay here again with a bigger group and I hope to see their warm smiles again. They made our stay more enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank JESVAN_TRAVEL
Tania K, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
I am so grateful that you took the time to share your experiences at the Courtyard Sandestin on TripAdvisor! Thank you for recognizing several members of our team for their great customer service. I will be sure to share your post during our daily meeting with the entire staff. I am happy to see that our property was the perfect location to provide you with the amenities you desired in Destin. Our proximity to the lovely beaches and fine dining certainly allows our guests to enjoy everything the area has to offer. We all look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I am a Marriott Platinum member and my family got two rooms the other week. We loved this hotel! We thouroughly appreciated all of the help we got from Kina at the front desk. All the staff we encountered were helpful and friendly, but Kina's warm personality and smile were the definition of great customer service. She was always genuinly happy to help and we could tell she cared about our experience instead of just going through the motions. The hotel is not as close to the beach as some others in Destin, wich turned out to be a very good thing in avioding massive crowds and traffic. Our room at the Courtyard was like quiet escape compared to the surrounding areas. This combined with the amazing hospitality we received from Kina was recipe for a great vacation. We look foward to staying here next time!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank LDAtlnt
Tania K, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you so much for your continued loyalty to the Marriott brand and thank you for choosing to spend your vacation at the Courtyard Sandestin. I love seeing posts like this on TripAdvisor. I am so glad to see that Kina was able to take care of you and your family. She is an asset to our team and her smile is legendary! We all look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon!
Valdosta, Georgia
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed here for one night on a quick business trip to the Destin area and was pleasantly surprised by the quality, architecture, and design of the hotel. It's one of the newer hotels in the area and has a bit of competition due to the high cost of living and generally well-to-do residents of the area. Everything is modern and the room (king bed) was very well apportioned with a separate sitting area and desk for work. WiFi is also free - in the lobby AND the guest room, which is a major plus if you're accustomed to traveling. No one seems to offer it for free anymore so it's refreshing to see it. There is also a great restaurant in the lobby and the hotel brews Starbucks coffee. Great experience! Will definitely repay with a return visit when not on business. As a friendly note: the Mid Bay Bridge connects Sandestin to neighboring areas. If you need to cross the bridge, there is a $3 toll (CASH) each way. Keep some money on hand. Cheers!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank kbroski42
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our property! We are incredibly proud of the recent upgrades we have made to the hotel - from the lobby to the guest rooms, we have worked diligently to present the most comfortable and contemporary home away from home for our guests. Our most recent improvement was to the wireless internet provided throughout the property. You are correct in your post - we do offer complimentary wireless access in both the lobby and the guest rooms. I am glad that our decision to continue to provide this amenity was to your liking! We are always looking for ways to show our guests our appreciation. Thank you for choosing to stay with the Courtyard Sandestin!
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a beautiful hotel with a very professional, friendly staff. Small but nice pool area. Rooms are very clean, and modern. You do have to drive to the beach, but the hotel is worth it. Close to great restaurants. I will be back!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family