Courtyard by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard
Ranked #4 of 39 Hotels in Destin
“Enjoyable!”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

The hotel was very clean and the staff was friendly. A bit pricey but worth it.From our room we had a gorgeous view to watch the sunrise and sunset. That made our stay even more enjoyable! FYI.....you can see and smell the cleanest as soon as you walk in.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Love314

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I just got in from a wonderful trip to Destin Fl. We had the privilege of staying here at the Marriott courtyard, and this hotel was absolutely all we hoped it would be. The decor of the lobby was very tasteful, we enjoyed the bistro and the Starbucks that was on the premises. We also enjoyed the lounge which had books, comfortable chairs, a flat screen and a area that housed a computer center.
The pool was very inviting with pretty blue and green lights built into the
Pool that gave it an awesome affect. Also the hot tubs were perfectly heated. As for the crew Lyza,Sam and Kina, and the young man that was at the desk in the late evenings, you guys were awesome, we could not stop talking about the hospitality that you all showed. Thank you for making our vacation wonderful. See you on our next trip. Ricks Family.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jimmycrackcorn1
Tania K, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you Ricks Family! We are so glad that you enjoyed your time with us in Destin. We appreciate your recognition of our stellar Front Desk team! Our newly upgraded lobby area is a source of pride for us as well - and we are so happy to know that you enjoyed our Starbucks brewed coffee and Bistro. We hope you will continue to make us your family vacation destination in the future!
florida
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

located at one of the former main entry gates to Sandestin this is a great choice.while I prefer the amenities of the sister hotel residence inn down the street, this hotel's sleek crisp styling may appeal to many...

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your kind words! Our teams at the Residence Inn and Courtyard Sandestin at Grand Boulevard truly appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to either of our hotels in the future!
Hoover, Alabama
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Many stays at this particular Courtyard, have always found it to meet/exceed our requirements when staying in the Destin area. The location is perfect for us (we don't need beachfront property), with multiple shops/restaurants and a Publix within walking distance. The entire staff was exceptional - the ladies in the Bistro really hustled each morning, and the housekeeping staff was flawless. Another very good experience at this Courtyard.

Room Tip: Based on multiple stays at this property, if possible I would recommend requesting a room on the nor...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Frank S
Thank you for the great review Frank and thank you for your continued loyalty to our hotel. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the Bistro and Housekeeping staff and I cannot wait to share your praise with them at our daily meeting. Their enthusiasm and dedication is infectious! I am so glad that you continue to have great experiences at our hotel - if there is ever anything I can do to make your stay more comfortable please do not hesitate to ask for me at the our front desk. Thank you again!
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We recently stayed here for a short end-of-summer vacation. We were able to use "Marriott Points" so that made for an economical trip for 4 (my husband, myself, and our two teenaged daughters). We had a very good experience. We did not require a "beachfront" location (nor could we afford it) and we found the location very nice. It was far enough away from all the crowds to be quiet, but close enough to get anywhere we wanted to go quickly. We were only a short drive from beautiful public beaches, great shopping, restaurants and entertainment. The hotel was very pretty and well cared for. The staff was friendly. Our room was very clean and comfortable. We have always had very good experiences at Courtyard locations and this was no different. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a golf course view. We had a roof/parking lot view. We were fine, but the golf course woul...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jeannie S
Tania K, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
I am so glad that you were able to join us for the end of the summer season! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our hotel. The entire Grand Boulevard family also thanks you for recognizing our neighborhood's wonderfulofferings - it certainly is a perk to our hotel to have lovely restaurants and a state of the art Movie Theatre so close by! I can't wait to share your post with our entire staff - you highlighted each and every department in our hotel with your kind words. Thank you again for your business and for your loyalty to the Courtyard brand. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon!
Valparaiso, Florida
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I stayed at the Courtyard in June and in many respects it is far above average for this type of property. We were here four or five nights this summer to be near Sacred Heart hospital for my moms hip replacement surgery. The staff was welcoming from the first moment we entered the premises. Roberta checked us in and put us in a lovely large suite.

The issue, however, began within seconds of entering the property. There was an extremely strong fragrance (what I now understand to be the "signature" fragrance of the property) permeating the air in the hotel. We went ahead and checked in as we had a schedule to follow for preparing for surgery.

When we got to the room, the smell was even more pronounced. My eyes were watering and I had a hard time breathing. My throat closed, and I quickly developed a migraine. I realized that schedule or no, I needed to see if anything could be done. I headed downstairs and talked to the staff, and Daniel and Roberta were incredibly sympathetic and helpful. They found a room that they thought might be better, and took me over to check it out. It was significantly better, so we agreed to change and they helped us make the move. Daniel arranged to have a special treatment for the room when we left for the hospital the next morning to try to remove more of the smell.

When I returned the following night, it seemed a bit better, but I still had issues. I realized it was probably as good as it was going to get with the extremely strong fragrance in the halls, lobby, etc. I enjoyed the stay as much as one could under the circumstances, and as I was only there to sleep, I made do. The staff at all times was caring and fantastic. Particularly, but not only, Roberta and Daniel. Not only did they inquire each day on status from the surgery, they also checked to see how I was doing with the room. I know if I had the time or inclination they would have continued to try to make things perfect, but my priority was to be at hospital to support my mom.

Caveat here is that I am extremely sensitive to strong fragrances (esp artificial), and they cause distress for me when others seem to be unaffected. My husband joined me for a few nights, and while he did notice and not love the fragrance, he was mostly unaffected, save a few strong sneezing fits.

The hotel is very well located near shopping, beaches, and hospital. While it was quite crowded with families (high season), the room was always quiet.

I stopped back by a few days ago prior to writing this review and the strong fragrance in the lobby was undiminished. Probably a lot of people think it smells wonderful, but for fragrance sensitive folks like me, I recommend look elsewhere. In addition, I'll be cautious about booking courtyards in future as that was not an experience I care to repeat. For the Febreze, bath&body works, and glade crowd, you will likely think it's fabulous. : )

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Sydno1
Tania K, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience Sydno1 - I hope that your mother's hip replacement surgery went smoothly and that she is recovering well from the procedure. I understand your sensitivity to the frangrance of air freshener we use in the hotel and I apologize that we were not able to make you 100% comfortable. Thank you for letting me know about our staff's attempts to ease your trouble with the smell. Robertha and Daniel are great members of our team and I know that your reaction to our scent was a challenge for them to resolve - but I am glad to hear that they never gave up in their quest for your satisfaction. I hope that you might reconsider visiting us again in the future - we may be able to find a solution for your sensitivity to our products. I appreciate you sharing this so that we can work to ensure our hotel is a positive environment for all of our guests.
Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed 17 August 2014

First of all, after a long drive from DC to Destin, I was greeted with a smiling Filipina at the front desk. They were so friendly and accommodating, especially Kina! She went an extra mile to make sure my stay at the Courtyard was comfortable.

The hotel is also walking distance from the Sandestin Resort and the Grand Boulevard, where there are shops and restaurants you can enjoy. Even a movie theatre. The outdoor pool was amazing and it was nice that the kiddie pool was separated. The hotel has a laundry room which was helpful for a week's stay.

Even though it isn't beachfront, it is just less than 5 minutes away from the beach.

Room Tip: Get room 510 and you will see the trees across the street.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank M B
Thank you so much for your review! Kina is definitely an asset to our team and her welcoming smile is one of our strongest amenities! I am so pleased that we were able to create a comfortable and relaxing home-away-from-home for you. Thank you for mentioning our lovely neighborhood as well - the Grand Boulevard area has a variety of delicious restaurants to choose from and the Boulevard 10 movie theatre is the best in the area! A lovely review like this is incredibly meaningful coming from a veteran traveler such as yourself. Thank you, again!