“Excellent Business Hotel”

Courtyard by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard
Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Destin
Reviewed 12 September 2010

I had a bad experience at this hotel earlier this year, but decided to give them another chance. This time I had a wonderful time. Check-in was uneventful. The lady seemed bored and in a bad mood. Breakfast was included with my room and she forgot to give me the vouchers. After moving my things in the room, I had to inquire about it to her and she apologized and gave me the vouchers.

I had a room with king bed and it was really nice. The bed was huge, the bathroom was upscaled, and room was clean. I had a top floor corner room facing away from Hwy. 98, so it was extremely quiet. The window A/C was kinda noisy, but I got used to it and slept well. The TV was not LCD, but it was flatscreen. There were several channels missing, including HBO, which was somewhat disappointing.

Breakfast was nice and plentiful. On request, they'll prepare freshly made eggs or omelets and deliver them to your table. The pool was nice and big and the fitness room was excellent. The elevators can be slow during busy times.

Overall I had a wonderul experience and will be staying her every time I'm on business.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank atlantic2580

Reviewed 18 August 2010

This is an average hotel in every respect. We booked through 'Bookit.con' (avoid like the plague) even though the hotel told us they've stopped dealing with that company. We'd booked two rooms with breakfast; they only had a record of one room, and we had to pay for breakfast. We were given different types of rooms, one much better than the other, but for the same price. Breakfast is ok, but not terribly exciting, and the hotel amenities are, again, ok. The shop is understocked and overpriced. The reception staff are helpful, but find it difficult to raise a smile. The bar and breakfast staff are very pleasant. Wi-fi is free. The hotel is on the Sandestin resort. We stayed at the Hilton before, and that was much better, but also more expensive. As for the beach, not only did we have to drive (or take the shuttle) to the beach, but we had to pay $35 for an umbrella and two chairs, because we hadn't brought any, so beware. The beach is great, of course, but it's private, which is, frankly, ridiculous. And only look out to sea for a beautiful view, because if you look behind at the necklace of high-rise hotels reaching down the shore, it's enough to make you think you're at the Costa del Sol. There are a lot of restaurants here, most of which you have to drive to and some of which are overpriced. The Mexican at Grand Boulevard Town Center is very good, with excellent service. The shopping malls here are supposedly top of the range, but I found very little I wanted to buy. I think this coastal area is trying to compete with Florida's other Gulf Coast attractions. I was in Sarasota three weeks ago, and Destin simply cannot compare.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank EMT64
Reviewed 28 July 2010

Awesome! The hotel is a part of the Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort, so you have access to the resort amenities. The hotel staff was great! They were very accomodating. Our room was nice and clean. We didn't won't to leave. We started planning our trip back before we checked out!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2010

The location was perfect. The hotel was good looking and clean. For an additional $5/day we enjoyed amenities of the San Destin resort. Would def go stay there again in the future.

Reviewed 11 July 2010

We had a WONDERFUL time! The COURTYARD was VERY nice. The staff were all very friendly and helpful! It was so nice to not have to even drive. We could take the shuttle to any were we wanted to go! THANKS!

Reviewed 6 July 2010

We frequently stay at Marriotts, and we were a little surprised by the quality of the room. It was very small and felt crowded. We couldn't get a room with two doubles, so we had a king and a rollaway bed (had to ask three times for the bed). The sofa couch was really a loveseat and could only sleep one (and there were not sheets/pillows in the room for the couch.) The TV in the room was at least 10 years older than the hotel, and was fuzzy (luckily, we didn't come to watch TV!) We had a great bay view, and enjoyed an evening at Baytowne Wharf. The pool was fine, the gym was okay too. The hotel was brand new, so it was a surprise they built the rooms so small and so cheap.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2010

Booked the hotel on priceline for $90.00 a night. Had requested Destin, FL, this hotel is in Miramar, FL, right beside Destin. We were planning on being in the water (at the beach) during the duration of the stay, but since the OIL has impacted everything we were unable to stay in the water. No, there is no sign of OIL, but they have closed off the dams, resulting in all the lake water funneling into the gulf right here at Destin. You cannot even see your hand under the water. There is TONS of algae in the water.. When you get out, you smell like a nasty lake. We ended up driving down to Panama City Beach for nicer beaches / water.

Anyways, onto the hotel since that is what this review is for. The hotel is in an upscale area of the town, Grand Boulevard. There is a high end mall next to the hotel, along with an applebees that we ate at. The hotel also sits on a very nicely manicured golf course. The hotel has an outdoor pool and jacuzzi, the pool is not heated, but the temperature gets warm enough around Destin you don't need a heated pool. When we checked in the process was seamless. She pulled our reservation up, I requested a King Room at check in, she said it was available. We received our two room keys and directed to the elevators. There are several doors around the building so you can park your car in an area you can see it out of your window in your room.

When we arrived to the room I was disappointed to see how small it was. There was only room for the king size bed and a chair in the room. There was also an outdated tv, I was suprised not to see an LCD in the room. There is a wardrobe closet that has an ironing board and iron. This is located about 18 inches from the bed. There is a desk next to the tv against the wall.

The bathroom was very clean, and made with ceramic and marble tile. Bathroom was stocked with shampoo, conditioner, soap, makeup towlettes.

The next morning we went downstairs for breakfast. The cost was $10.95 for the full breakfast. By this I mean, make your own waffle in the waffle iron, biscuits and gravy, eggs, bacon, cereal, fruit. You can also have the chef make an omelet however you would like. I still thought this cost to much, but what the heck.

We wanted to go swimming before we checked out to enjoy the pool, normal checkout time was 11am, I called the lobby to request a late check out and was given "noon"... Well, I guess it's an extra hour, but I was atleast hoping for 1.

That morning the bill was slid under the door, so there was no need for us to go to the counter to checkout, we just left. Overall I would recommend this hotel, we received a good rate on priceline for the Saturday night. I was disappointed there was no view of the gulf, but it was July 4th, so we watched the fireworks directly from our room.