“Beware!! There are two locations.”
Review of Dewey Destin's

Dewey Destin's
Ranked #18 of 311 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 21 July 2014

On our honeymoon in Destin we asked some locals where we should eat, and they suggested Dewey Destin's. I ordered the pecan crusted grouper and it was amazing! About 4 years later we were on vacation with our whole family an hour away. On our last night there we suggested that everyone make the hour long drive to go eat at Dewey Destin's. We followed our GPS, and when we were a couple minutes away we saw a sign for Dewey Destins, but it didn't look like we remembered so we decided to continue following the GPS. It took us to the Crab Island location on Calhoun Dr. We remembered a gravel driveway, but we didn't remember driving past dumpters and piles of trash to get to the restaurant like we did this time. I also didn't remember the kitchen being a food truck or some type of trailer parked against the shack of a building. When we walked in our family was already in line.. standing at the counter waiting to give their order. My husband and I were so confused! When we went on our honeymoon it was a sit down restaurant. We decided to stay because it was late and everyone was starving. It was also crowded so we thought that it must be good. We were wrong. My aunt and uncle said that their gumbo and grilled chicken were good. I was so looking forward to the yummy pecan crusted grouper again, but this location didn't have that so ordered a shrimp basket. The shrimp was flavorless, and the fries had no salt. You get paper cups and dip your own ice out of a cooler. You sit at picnic tables and your food comes in a plastic basket with a piece of wax paper in it. And my aunt and uncle paid over $70 for a family of four! That would have been very reasonable for what we received on our former visit but not this one. It was not at all the experience that we drove an hour one way to have. I would have been much more satisfied eating at the Chick-fil-a that we passed on the way there. When we left, my husband and I decided to pull in at the other location that we had seen. When we pulled in we immediately recognized that this was the location that we had been to on our honeymoon. So if you want the true Dewey Destin's experience then go to the Harborside location on 98.

1  Thank Amber P

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We had to wait a little over an hour but that was expected after calling ahead and reading previous TA reviews. The addition of drinks and appetizers while you waited helped to pass the time. You have to try the smoked tuna dip!! Once inside the service was great and the food was worth the wait.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We loved this little place so much. The atmosphere and view is amazing and the food was delicious. A hidden gem in Destin!!!

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

We have missed Dewey the last few trips because of the crowd and long wait. I am regretting not braving the line in trips past. The food was great. The big difference was the advice from Gabby, our server. She was absolutely spot on in recommending exactly the right late lunch/early dinner to all of us rookies. We have not enjoyed this level of service anywhere in Destin this trip during the peak of tourist season. Ask for Gabby, she won't steer you wrong.
Thanks again Gabby and Dewey Destin's...you have made this family's "don't miss list"!!!

1  Thank finz2right
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

The fish and shrimp tasted very good but they don't give you much. I was expecting a plate full of shrimp, only got four and about three or four fish stick looking things. Ridiculous! Our bill, for four people was over $90. Heard the food is good but we won't go back.

1  Thank Sehko