“Another Fantastic Stay at Jetty East!! :-)))”

Jetty East Condominiums
Reviewed 26 April 2011

Just returned home from another fantastic stay at Jetty East. The Beach is Back at Jetty East!! The beach restoration turned out wonderfully, and we had no trouble finding a spot on the beach to set up our umbrellas and chairs. We also enjoyed the beautiful pool and the large pavillion.

Our Unit (#322) was wonderful! It was tastefully decorated and had two balconies, as it was an end unit. We had a jetty view, and it was just as nice as a beach view room. You can still see the ocean with a jetty view room. Also, the jetty view was perfect for taking sunset pictures, as it looks out towards the west.

Our group included age groups ranging from 1 yr old to 60 yrs old, and everyone thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Jetty East! We have decided that Jetty East will be the only place we stay at in Destin from now on!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Humphries71

Reviewed 23 February 2011

We just got back from Destin and stayed at the Jetty East in rm112A, it was excellent very large jumbo single I paid a few 15 buck more and got a great room. I love the new Beach they added. Wonderful time at Jetty East

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 January 2011

I love this place so much!!! I come here every year and I can't wait to go back to see the new beach! its huge! people who say there's no beach, think again! I only have one problem... there were some teenagers last time I was there skateboarding and you could hear noises from them... but thanks to the AMAZING SECURITY, they stopped them and I got some rest to enjoy my last day there which was sad (the leaving part). I recommend this to all families except for boy teenagers between the ages of 14 1/2 and 19.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 December 2010

We arrived at Jetty East just in time to enjoy the new beach. We watched as they pulled the big pipe away that blew in the new sand. We found the most amazing shells. We were at Jetty East last year at this time and the weather was perfect. Only down side was the fisherman who were in the front of the condo bating shark with chopped up herring. They finally caught a small shark then beat it to death with a hammer. We told security, but they told us they have no control of beach property. I hope that is true when a shark comes up and bites someone after being bated like that. I think the fisherman were staying at Jetty East too.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2010

My family returned to Jetty East in Destin, Florida for our 30th year. The water was awesome, clear and like being in a pool. If you are not familiar with Jetty East, it is on Gulf Shores Drive and is on the end by the jetties. We have enjoyed our stay there for 30 years and will continue on staying there. I am sorry that Destin did not have the full tourism that it usually does. I believe the news media went over board with the oil spill hitting the beaches. We were there for 10 days and did not seen anything that we hadn't seen in the last 30 years. If you have time, visit the awesome beaches of Destin!

1  Thank DestinBeachbums
Reviewed 4 June 2010

My family began visiting J E back in 1985 and it was wonderfull UP TO ABOUT 2003. Our family grew so big we ended up renting 3 condos and met every spring break. NOT ANYMORE, it is PARTY TOWN....they adverstize 24 hour security...that is a joke. Last time we went, the drunkin teanagers were throwing shopping carts over the 5th floor parking balcony. Some snot nosed high shcool boy (obviously drunk when I confronted him) spit on my 65 year old Mother in broad daylight from the 1st floor. These (and many more) are all separate events during separate visits and the list goes on and on. Puke in hallways, pot pipes in stairwells, noise ALL NIGHT LONG, When you call or walk down to talk with security there excuse is always the same "we are doing the best we can"....lololol again. Then we discovered Beach Colony Resort in Perdido Key....WOW....Just like J E and Destin used to be and for the same money (or less). TRUST ME. I promise I am real and have no financial interest in either place, nor do I know anyone that does. I speak the truth. Try any complex on Perdido Key (located near Pensicola and Gulf Shores) and you will never return to the over populated, under policed red neck riviera.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
8  Thank IMH O
Reviewed 16 May 2010

My family has gone to JE more than 20 times in the past 25 years; no more! It used to be a fantastic family place. Since they lost their beach (literally, there is NO beach, the waves now slam against the building), the families have disappeared. Now it is a zoo; worse than spring break at Daytona. If your are a teenage alcoholic who wants to party all night and puke in the pool, this is your place. Sorry, I will miss it.‎

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
10  Thank AtlantaBeachlover13
Also consider these accommodations in or near Destin
Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach
#25 of 55 in Destin
Shoreline Towers
Shoreline Towers
#16 of 55 in Destin

Been to Jetty East Condominiums? Share your experiences!