“2nd time staying in unit 101”
Review of Emerald Towers

Emerald Towers
Ranked #41 of 55 Speciality Lodging in Destin
Reviewed 2 December 2011

We spent our Thanksgiving week once again in Unit 101 of Emerals Towers. We were there last year (2010) and loved it. I made the reservation in the spring to come back. The unit was clean when we arrived and we didn't have any issues the entire stay. The new appliances, the spacious and well stocked kitchen, make it a perfect unit for us.
I believe there were new gas grills outside by the pool this time. I don't remember them from last year. They looked brand new with a beautiful granite countertop. The premises were clean and I noticed the maintenance man out cleaning around the pool each morning and even mopping the sidewalks.
Our family really likes staying in 101 as there is such easy access to the pool and the beach. There is a small grassy area that the kids can play in too. The owner seems to anticiate what people would enjoy to make the stay more like home. There are DVDs, games, etc stocked in the condo.

Room Tip: This condo is in a great location in the building. The bedrooms are spacious and each has its own b...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank MJoyB

Reviewed 30 August 2011

I just wanted to tell you how incredible your condo at Emerald Towers is! We had a fabulous time and it was a perfect location for the eight of us(especially the 4 kids). We loved being on the first floor with that yard out in front. The kids loved being able to run around in and out while we were inside. The furnishings are beautiful and it’s so spacious! Thank you so much for sharing your home with us…and also for the wonderful bottle of wine. That was so thoughtful of you!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Martha P
Reviewed 31 July 2011

***SORRY this is so long, but there are a lot of things wrong with this place, I just don't want others to make the same mistake.

First of all don't rent at best beach getaway. I rented room #1506 for $2600 for four nights. This room was a penthouse, at first this place actually looked nice, and it seemed pretty luxurious. Then I took one step and the floor was covered in sand, sand everywhere around the condo. After that I went into the kitchen flipped on the lights to find that most didn't even work, the sink didn't even drain, it FLOODED. Then I went into my master bed room and found that one of the doors leading to the balcony was broken, actually one of kids tried to open the door and it fell on her, when I walked outside the balcony touch it was completely disgusting, sticky and the railing was covered with bugs.
One of the toilet in another room was broken it kept running water and we couldn't flush it, another kid showered in that room and the curtains fell on her. Room #3 had a broken closet door that doesn't slide open like it is suppose to. We had wires hanging out of the walls it seem pretty dangerous especially with kids running around. Mostly everything we touch broke, and fell on us. Like the TV frame that fell on yet another child. And then the washer & Dryer was ancient, the dryer was REALLY LOUD, after a few seconds the dryer door would open and the machine would turn off so we had to put something in front of it so it wouldn't open anymore. And this filthy room was so disgusting i found a roach in the area where my children slept. Another problem I had was there were no shampoos, no blow dryers I mean come on even motels supply these things.
Customer service was terrible, the manager there was not human, I could honesty compare her to an animal! When we rented this room with beach getaway we did not really read the rules, so we have over the limit of people that were suppose to stay there, they did not even give me the note of how many people were suppose to stay there, they just told security to come and tell us to vacate the room the next morning, after that I talked to the manager asking her why we had to leave the room. She said we were over the limit of people, after I discuss with her she allowed 8 people to stay the rest of the two night we had left, then I went to front desk ask them if they could tidy up the condo and fix the broken things in there, she immediately dropped the number of people that were allowed to stay in the room to 6. Soon after I went to find a diffrent hotel to rent rooms for the remaining people that could not stay, only 15 minutes later did I recieve a phone call from the manager telling me that I was evated from the property and to come get my stuff immediately or my stuff would be thrown out. I told her at least give me about 30 minutes to be there, she did not even give me that long, she told me to come right then! It was so unreasonable to be kick out like that, I paid for four night but ended staying only two night and was not refunded for my last two night, this is the WORST service I have ever come across. It ruined my and my children's vacation after driving 12 hours there! (WORST STAY EVER by far!!!!!!!)
SEE PICTURES!

Room Tip: Don't rent with best beach getaway
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
12  Thank traveladdicts456
Reviewed 10 July 2011

Emerald Towers is in a good location and the complex is not bad. We stayed in room 205. Nice room. Front desk ladies very nice. One draw back is there are not any grills on the property. Several sites state that there are grills but none to found. The big draw back is if you have teenage children I would avoid going there. The police on duty are very harsh. These are not security guards but deputies from the sheriff's office. It was twenty questions every time that our kids would be outside during evening hours. Even to go as far to tell them that the beach closes at night. Now that is new one on me. Been going to Destin for over 20 years and had never heard that one before. Several of the home owners that were there the week of 4th of July were very rude. Like they owned the beach. The guys with the beach service were top notch!! Steve and the other guys took care of our needs. It's ashame because the place is nice with great beach area but just could not put up with the constant harassment. Never again!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank bigfish160
Reviewed 6 July 2011

This is the second year we have stayed in unit 101 and we highly recommend it. Being a first floor unit, it is very close to the beach and to the pool. You could not ask for a better location. The unit is spacious and tastefully decorated and well equipped. The kitchen is large and a pleasure to cook in. One of the rooms has twin beds so it's great for a family with young children. All of the bedrooms have TV's and there are nice electronics throughout the unit. I used the workout room every day and it is very clean and nicely equipped and well maintained. The management staff working the front desk are super helpful and you can even rent DVD's for free (which we did on a rainy day) in the front office. The unit is also very close to all the restaurants, water park, miniature golf, etc. All you have to do is drive out the front gates and everything is right there. Unit 101 is a wonderful condominimum and sure to help make your stay in Destin a pleasure.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank AnaQ58
Reviewed 28 November 2010

Unit 101 is spacious, beautiful and very clean. The furnishings are comforable and the condo is tastefully decorated. The kitchen is huge and so is the beautiful dining table. It worked well for us as we hosted a large gathering of family each night for dinner. The work out facility at the complex was clean and had a variety of exercise machines. The property was well maintained and the Emerald Towers staff was friendly. I would stay in this unit again and recommend it to anyone. The owner checked in with us by phone to make sure we were happy with everything. You could tell she cared and wanted our stay to be great. The beach was steps away and Emerald Towers is also very convenient to shopping and restaurants - perfect location.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank MJoyB
Reviewed 18 November 2010

We rented a two bedroom unit #1304, that allegedly slept six adults. It was described as having two bedrooms and a fold out sofa. When we arrived there was no pull out sofa. I guess the claim that this unit would sleep six was technically true if two people would agree to sleep on the kitchen floor. Technically it would sleep 15 adults if eleven of them did not want a bed. My daughter and her fiancee were forced to rent a hotel down the street because they selfishly wanted an actual bed to sleep on. They rented the hotel for two nights even though they had already paid for the non existent bed at the condo. Seems fair doesnt it? Despite assurances from the crakerjack staff at Emerald Towers NOTHING was done to rectify the situation. On the third night my daughter was told by the hotel that they had no vacancies left. They were then faced with age old dilema of going home or sleeping two people on a sofa. This was the topping on the cake as my wife and daughter both celebrated their birthdays that weekend. This was labor day of 2010. As I write this it is almost the end of November. We are not bitter though since we have been assured by dozens of people that either A. It is not their problem or B. The check is in the mail. If you like paying for something you dont get and then receiving WORLD CLASS BS for months, this is the place for you. After speaking to several different people affiliated with Sterling Properties, we are still waiting for a PARTIAL refund!! My family and I will NEVER stay at these condos again...Not only do they engage in false advertising, it is IMPOSSIBLE to find ANYBODY to resolve this situation for us. I have made so many phone calls and spoken to so many different people, from the staff at the condos themselves (who felt this was not their problem and recommended I speak to the property manager) , I am exhausted and totally disappointed in this place.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family