“Horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!”

The Villas at Seascape Resort
Ranked #53 of 55 Speciality Lodging in Destin
“Horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

After a 6 hour trip with four children we arrived at our destination. It was very late upon arrival and with only a confirmation email we were left sitting in a vehicle with 6 tired people and no room!! They allow you to book one of their rooms online but fail to inform you that there will be no one there to assist you! So upon arriving we were left to see a bunch of partying karaoke singers in a lobby with no one that works anywhere!! I'm so far beyond livid and to top that off every room at every hotel was booked - still attempting to find a place to sleep! Also gave us a number for maintenance they are 24 hrs hoping that would help ( got that number from the guard at the gate) guess what Brittany doesn't answer her phone at 11 pm apparently - if you rent one I suggest not doing a late check in

• Stayed May 2014
SeascapeDestin, Guest Relations Manager at The Villas at Seascape Resort, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
I am extremely sorry for the inconvenience you and your family encountered during the course of your stay. Your after hours experience was the main focus in our last staff/manager meeting, and I assure you this is something we will be striving hard to prevent from this point forward. Again, on behalf of Sesacape Resort, I sincerely apologize for the level of difficulty you encountered checking in after hours and would greatly appreciate the opportunity to make things right. Please call us at 1-800-874-9106 to discuss this situation in further detail.

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 2 December 2013

The resort is a wonderful, family friendly resort on one of the most beautiful beaches on the gulf coast. We go there several times a year since it is within a half-day drive. The available amenities are terrific but are not included with the rental rates. The resort is convenient to shopping, golf, water sports, and family fun. There is a very convenient beach restaurant/bar that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. In the spring the beach is filled with the college spring break party crowd so check with the reservation desk to inquire about that. It's true that the website pictures are sometimes seriously out of date so renters should choose carefully. The pictures are maintained by the Seascape Resort management agency so don't blame the owners that pictures are out of date. On the positive side, Seascape Resort maintains minimum standards for their rental units whereas other rental companies may be less demanding therefore, choose rental companies carefully. This resort has been popular with southerners and snow-birders for many years and there is a growing number of European visitors to the area, too.

Room Tip: The golf villas, especially the downstairs units, are great for families with children that need a p...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
alabaster, al
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My family recently rented a 3br 3ba lakefront townhome in the Seascape resort. I will tell you first and foremost, our condo was dated. Very clean, no complaints there, but furnishings were terribly dated. I would recommend renting through the owners directly, such as on vrbo or homeaway, so that you can see what you are getting. I know there are some of these townhomes that have been updated and are extremely nice and some that are not.

That being said, the units are nice in layout, a small bedroom, bathroom, small kitchen, and living area on first floor. A great screened in porch off of the den overlooking the lake. Upstairs contains two bedrooms, each with their own bath and the master has a small screened porch also.

The grounds are nicely kept. My kids swam in the heated pool (had a bubble) by the tennis courts. They loved it.

The very best thing about the lakefront villas are the location. We were literally one building over from old 98. So easy to cross over the street and be at The Whale's Tail (good food!) and onto the beach. It was awesome. Not to mention you are not but a couple of minutes to the outlet mall, a Winn Dixie supermarket, a CVS, and lots of other stores. The Sandestin Resort is only two miles from Seascape. You can be in Seaside, Watercolor, any of those little towns on 30A in about 10-15 minutes. Of course, all of the restaurants and fun of Destin are just a few minutes down the road as well!

Room Tip: Rent an updated Lakefront condo close to old 98. You will be pleased!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Hampton,Ga
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We rented the Lakefront #406 3 Bedroom Unit the lake is behind this villa,it was very nicely decorated and a very large villa.The Lakefront units are walking distance to the beach,they also have a small bus that runs every fifth-teen minutes back and forth to the beach.The unit was clean and many towels in each bathroom under the cabinets.Each bathroom had travel size toiletries.The kitchen was stocked with coffee,sugar and paper towels and tablets for the dishwasher.We had more than enough space.Checking in after 3:00 was no problem.This unit was fully furnished with everything.I really love the big kitchen with everything you need to prepare a meal.the wrap around screened patio is to die for.My family and I enjoyed many meals on the patio.We called the office and they brought us more car passes within the hour. I lost my prescription glasses,I called the office.They called me back a hour later,stating they found my glasses and would ship them to me in Atlanta.These folks here are awesome, my family had no complaints!!! We have already made our reservations for next year.We normally stay at Edge-water Resorts, but we have found us a better place at Seascape Villas.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Kenner, Louisiana
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We rented a Lakefront 3 bedroom unit. We were a party of 7(2 adults and 5 children ages 10 to 16). The condo was nicely decorated and was large enough to accommodate everyone comfortably. It was also close enough to walk to the pool and the beach. We did have a few "minor" issues with the condo shortly after checking in(We checked in right at 4:55PM--office closes at 5PM, so we just made it before having to go through after-hours). 2 light bulbs were out in the kitchen/dining area.---No big deal, I reported it and maintenance came out the next day and fixed it. I became a little concerned when my 11 year old son went upstairs to the bedroom with the double beds(that he and his 10 year old brother were going to share) and called me upstairs to see blood stains on the comforter. I pulled the comforter off the bed and just put in on a chair in the corner of the room. The sheets and pillows seemed clean enough when I checked them, but he was freaked out and decided to sleep on one of the recliner chairs in the living room. Again, I didn't make a huge fuss about this b/c we bring plenty enough blankets on trips anyway and the other bed in that room was fine. I called and reported the comforter b/c I didn't want them to think the blood was from any of us, plus we needed more towels b/c there weren't enough towels in the unit for 7 people(especially me and 2 fifteen year old girls). All okay so far b/c a housekeeper dropped off a HUGE bag of towels---GREAT...:) The 2 MAIN issues we had was on the day before we checked out, the washer broke while my husband's clothes were washing mid-cycle. I got RUDE service from the property manager and a desk clerk. That bothered me b/c I have been a customer since 2004! I was in customer service jobs, including hotel business and I know that NO customer deserves rude treatment under ANY circumstances. I did not use any bad language nor was I rude when I simply asked that either the washer be fixed or I be compensated for the inconvenience. Long story short, I managed to get a kind desk clerk on the phone named Gina. Gina was EXCELLENT! :) She apologized to me, but more important, she listened and made sure that we were taken care of on the rest of the trip. Gina was even kind enough to bring more towels to our unit herself b/c the washer could not be fixed during our stay. She understood that we needed more towels b/c I could not wash. I also spoke to the front desk supervisor named Melody who is AWESOME! :) She was also kind and empathetic to our situation. She thanked me for reporting the issues and issued me a generous credit for the inconvenience. I have never had any trouble with Seascape in the past, but this time was different. Had Gina and Melody not "saved the rest of the trip" for us, that would have been our last time staying there. There are many other properties in Destin and other areas too, but GINA and MELODY are WONDERFUL and that is why we are giving SEASCAPE another chance and I am also referring friends to give them a try. I truly believe that we had "freak occurrences" and/or "trip bad-luck" this time. As far as I am concerned, this is "water under the bridge" and sometimes these things do happen and now it is in the past. If Gina and Melody are around for our next stay, I know that we will be taken care of, comfortable, and happy, which is what a vacation should be...:)

Room Tip: Lakefront Villas are close to beach and pool---Great for families with children of all ages :)
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Calhoun, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Very disappointed in condition of golf unit 36A. Been coming here for 20 + years, never seen unit as bad as this.
Carpet is beyond filthy, drawers in Masterbed from, fall out of chest and nite stand, master mattress is as cheap a set as we have ever seen, about 4inches thick and hard as a floor, bath mat was soaking wet laying in carpeted area of vanity morning after we checked in, numerous dirty dishes in cabinet, had been used, not washed and put in cabinet. Maybe previous renter, seeing condition of the unit, did not care how they left it. Property Management should do a better job checking conditions before renting.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Fred T
Sussex, Wisconsin
Reviewed 4 April 2013

We stayed in lakefront unit 114. It is located in building E on the seascape map. Being this close to the beach was incredible. We visited friends in Ariel Dunes II, which is on the Seascape property, and we would have been extremely upset if we booked there. It was a LONG walk to the beach.
The unit itself was ok, it fit our family of 4 just fine, the floor was dirty and we all wish we brought slippers. The pool was right across the parking lot and was very clean and well maintained. The resort has 5 pools in all, only 1 heated, but we just visited the one closest to us.
To get to the beach you need to cross the street, which is not very busy and there is a crosswalk, the bridge to Whales Tail was closed. When you rent directly with Seascape you get a card to use each day to rent 2 beach chairs and an umbrella for free. That's a $40 savings each day. You need to get in line before 9am if you want a front row. We were in the 2nd and 3rd rows which were fine too.
Whales Tail is a nice place to grab a bite to eat.
I can't express how wonderful it was to be this close to the beach and be cheaper than Ariel Dunes.

Room Tip: Get the lakefront units to be closest to the beach.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Destin
Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach
#40 of 55 in Destin
Gulfview Condominiums
Gulfview Condominiums
#47 of 55 in Destin

Been to The Villas at Seascape Resort? Share your experiences!