“extremely relaxing”

and 1 more site!
The Villas at Seascape Resort
Ranked #53 of 55 Speciality Lodging in Destin
Reviewed 25 July 2010

we stayed in one of the golf villas. it was one of the cleanest and one of the quietest places we have ever stayed. when you stay there you get a free round of golf for every day you are there plus free umbrella and 2 chairs for everyday you are there. our villa was in the very back of the property. it was very quiet. every morning my husband and son got up and played golf, and my daughter and i went to either one of the many pools, rented bikes, or caught one of the trams to the beach. we will definitely stay here when we go back again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank kthornton34

Reviewed 8 July 2010

The receptionist was very nice, she told me where the room was and gave me coupons for restaurants. The villa was in good condition, but not very clean. It looked like it has not been dusted in a long time. I loved that it was so close to the water and they offered a free round of golf for each day that i stayed.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Andres0201
Reviewed 28 October 2009

Clean, accommodating and a super-short walk to the beach!

Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank CloverMay
Reviewed 12 October 2009

Checked in about 2:30 and was told the "inspector" was in our room now ( was moved from 222 that we initially reserved because it developed "problems" and was placed in 228 that was SUPPOSED to be equitable to our first choice) and we should see her coming out by the time we pulled around. We pulled around to Lakefront 228 and waited close to 30 minutes ( in the 90+ heat and 90% humidity with perishable items in the car) I finally called the front desk back to see if they would give us our code as they would not until the "inspector" had lef the unit. Desk clerk didn't seem to know and said they would have to call us back. About 10 minutes later they did call and gave us the code - said we must have missed the inspector! Entered the unit and found the air did not work, there was a vaccum sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor, the door to the airconditioner unit was open and wires were hanging out, dead bugs on the bedroom floor, dishwasher full of water with things floating in it.... this is just to start. I called the front desk and told her the above. In about 15 minutes a lady that cleans the units showed up to fix the vaccum cleaner!!!!!! Called the front desk again was told they would get maintenance down there. Waited about 30 more minutes.... so far over an hour without air in the heat. No one shows up... in the meantime our daughter stops at the desk on the way in and is told that maintenance is there now and will get it fixed. We are there and there is NO maintenance there!!!! I called the desk again... she tells me then she will just have to follow up on this and get ahold of maintenance... At the 1 hour and 45 minute mark we drive back to the registration desk and they tell us that maintenance is there and it will be five minutes before they know if they can fix this or not.
As for a manager...can't get one. No one is sure where the manager is.... Maintenance calls back and bypasses the safety switch so we have air, but in the mean time they cannot tell us where they will put us or even if they will move us if not able to fix. At about the 2 and a half hour point we are back to our unit and have resigned ourselves to staying here. Can't get a refund we are sure and most likely no other rooms available in Destin by this point. Do make our way upstairs to find the vertical blinds have pieces missing and will not close and the over head lights, you guessed it... not a one of them work. Glad we only had to stay here for 3 nights....had rented for 4 but left a day early.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank admin123Arkansas
Reviewed 9 August 2009

Just got back from Seascape in Destin, FL. It was good to get away and see the ocean, which I have never done before. I read plenty of reviews on Seascape before I went and found that everything negative said about Seascape was true. I used Book It to book the condo, a 1 bedroom, 1 bath. Before we left for our trip I tried to upgrade our condo to a two bedroom condo and found that Seascape would not allow me to do that without paying a $100.00 cancelation fee for the 1 bedroom. I've never experienced that kind of service before. If I wanted to spend more money, normally I've able to upgrade without any cancelation fee.
I did like the location, there was plenty to do in the area and the beach is beautiful. The condo was clean, but the we wanted a king size bed and only got a full size bed, the sofa bed was broken and wouldn't pull out, the washer and dryer was old and made a LOT of noise. Sitting in the living room with the washer and dryer going was so loud it was hard to talk to each other. There was very few supplies in the condo, no dish washing soap, dish washer soap, paper towels, there was only 1 bowl to eat cereal with. We didn't do any cooking while there except for using the microwave so I couldn't say anything about that. Oh, and if you want internet, forget it. There was no wifi at the condo and I wasn't going to pay more for internet, I didn't even ask if there was the option to pay for it, because I had already paid enough. I also have a iPhone with internet service, but could not get internet service with that either. I had good phone service, but the internet would not work, I don't know why.
If you want to play golf while in Destin, don't play at Seascape. It's the worst golf course there. It is a pasture with holes. We played at Kelly Plantation and it was wonderful. The apple they give you on the 10th tee were great!
Now for Book it. NEVER USE BOOK IT! Book It is the worst deal on the web. You will pay for your condo/room with them and then when you get to Seascape you will have to pay more. We stayed at Seascape for 4 nights and I had to pay an extra $222.00 when I got there. You have to pay $28.00 dollars per day for an amenity fee and almost a $100.00 cleaning fee. Also, if you request certain things for your condo like a king size bed you can bet on not getting it. If you book with Book It your request is not guaranteed. Book It is a rip off! We will NEVER use this site again. Apparently Seascape doesn't like Book It either, they will not work with you in the slightest bit if you use them to book your stay.
If you didn't understand what I said above about Book It I'll say it again. NEVER USE BOOK IT, NEVER USE BOOK IT, NEVER USE BOOK IT!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank cccb_oldman
Reviewed 3 August 2009

Upon arrival there was confusion with my reservation that was never resolved. I was originally booked for a 3BR/3BA in the highrise but was given a 3BR/2BA room in the Boardwalk Villa. Furthermore, I has requested a queen bed in the 3rd BR, which I was not granted. Fortunately, a couple of people had canceled and were not able to join the trip. Thus, the space was adequate. Anyway, the condo overlooked the lake and was quiet and peaceful. It was clean with nice, updated decor. There was a short walk to the beach. However, there was not a charcoal grill as advertised on the site. After inquiring about it, the staff at the front desk responded by saying the charcoal grills were only for the residents of one of the highrises. Nonetheless, the property was located on a main strip, allowing us easy access to many stores and activities. Although, I was fortunate to be told about the extra fees before I arrived, many were not. Thus, I heard many complaints about the extra fees while I waited. SO, if you plan to stay here, beware of the extra fees.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 July 2009

My Family rented a condo in Ariel Dunes II the condo was very average nothing special and we have stayed in many of the years. We had to wait over an hour to check in once check in began...but they certainly wanted you out by 11 am. The only beach view is in between * around * over another large condo complex in front of you. The two chairs and the privilege of using the pool came at a very large hidden fee price. I did not even know what it was until I retuned home. Was given no reciept or invoice upon check-out. Fees for four nights was over 235 dollars and obsorbdant price for what is given and should be included in the cost of the room. Would not return to this resort again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family