“I would recommend the facility for any family with kids!”

Ariel Dunes at Seascape Resort
Ranked #20 of 55 Speciality Lodging in Destin
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This is a wonderful facility, clean, centrally located. The short walk to the beach made it great with kids. Service calls were quick! I would recommend that when a family is booked that extra towels be placed in the room. I would definitely recommend and refer others to use the facility.

• Stayed: June 2013
There are newer reviews for Ariel Dunes at Seascape Resort

Reviewed 14 August 2013

We stayed August 7-11 2013 and couldn't have been more pleased with the unit. The unit is perfectly furnished with stainless appliances and cookware, plenty of towels, washer and dryer, cold A/C etc. Unit was very clean upon arrival. The only downside to Ariel Dunes II is the distance to the beach. A little bit of a walk but it was good exercise. We shopped at Wal-Mart which is just a 5 Minute drive from here. There is a restaurant in Ariel Dunes I and a restaurant on the beach just a short walk across the lake. I would recommend eating there around sun set, very beautiful. This unit is a corner unit and has two balconies, one of which you could get a pretty good view of the ocean from. Overall it was a great experience and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank stretchmo
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Stayed here 3 times before but always booked with owners. This time I booked through Seascape and there is a huge difference. They provide basically no amenities. You get 1 bar of motel size soap for entire visit, no tissues, no hangers, no hair dryer, ho dish soap, no sponge, 1 kitchen rag, no coffee filters, etc. I can go on and on. A hotel has more to offer. Bring everything or be prepared to spend a lot of time at Wal-Mart

Last time for this facility. There are too many options here. BTW, when I called down, they all say "it's standard".

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank jdrury14
Reviewed 12 July 2013

We stayed Ariel Dunes I. We came to the resort after the Fourth of July holiday and we were blessed. The weather were forecasted for 30-60% chance of rain but I did not see any drop of rain from the 6th until we leave on the 11th. The room is an excellent location. Our kids can get back to the room from the swimming pool for snacks and drinks in a less than five minutes. Here are the pluses and minuses.
Pluses
* Beaches - the beaches are less than 10 minutes and within walking distance.
* View - excellent view from our balcony. Our balcony becomes the second dining room. It is so large !
* The room is nice and cozy.

Minuses
* The elevator - we were stucked in one of the elevator for less than 12 minutes. We thought we were going to die in it. It was hot and humid and there's no A/C inside. Thank God that the hotel service guy came just the nick of time.
* The perks - Seascape promised us 2 beach chairs and 1 umbrella. Yes, I got the beach chairs and the umbrella alright. However, I had to walk at least 1 mile to the Dolce Vita beach service hut to get this freebies. You would think the beach chair and the umbrella would be the one facing the Ariel Dune... NOT ! Dolce Vita Beach Service told me that for the free beach chair, I have to walke another .5 mile to it. Sorry, this definitely is reallying souring my vacation.

Overall, I like the room at Ariel Dune. The management should work with Dolce Vita beach service to come up with a compromise on the free beach chair's location.

Room Tip: Choose the lower floor. The elevator may/may not work properly !
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed Ariel Dunes II 2207... Unfortunately for the 4th lots of rain... I like this location because you can go out on 98 or you can go out the back on old 98. Very convenient to Winn Dixie through the back way(old 98). View of condo is excellent. Could see fireworks all around. Decor of condo excellent. Few complaints... The condo was clean. Fridge was not as cold as I would like. Freezer worked fine. Dryer did not work well. A/C was hard to work but I eventually got it. Elevators were quick. Pool was nice. A walk to beach but not bad at all. Nice size balcony. Needs more towels and dish towels. Good mattresses. Quiet area. Ate at the cabana cafe several times... Good food...fairly quick service. Good drinks. Fitness room could be larger with more equipment. Overall I would stay again...

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank MSRe515
Reviewed 4 July 2013

What a great time my friends and I had. The view was spectacular and the condo we had on the 4th floor was perfect. Food at the restaurant was great and generous on portions. Bar was a plus and the kentucky girl behind the bar was hot! The pool......well the pool was not that enjoyable. The water was clear and refreshing. The surroundings were kept up and there was plenty of chairs. However the pool is patrolled by a man named Charles. Charles is serious when it comes to being a pool monitor. You can't scratch your backside without Charles coming over and saying its "against the pool rules". No running, no hanging onto the wall, no drinks within 5 feet of the pool, no smoking, no music, no entry without your bracelet even though you have been there all week and he has seen you everyday. Charles was shaking down everyone of all ages. Senior citizens and children were all offenders to Charles. With the money we paid we need to enjoy the pool without being monitored like children. Ease up Charles! We are on vacation. Do your job and keep everyone safe, keep outsiders out, and keep it clean but you are at a 24 and we need you at 2........try to Shrimp PO Boy sandwich at the restaurant. It was great.

Room Tip: Stay out of Charles view
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Brad K
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Stayed on the 14th floor unit 1408, views from this Condo are wonderful. The owner of this property has great deck furniture, wood table with chairs for outdoor eating. The actual unit is nice, flat screen in living room with theatre seating which is awesome after a great day on the beach. We rented through VRBO, this property is managed through Destin Management Group. Couple things to know before you book, Beach set up is $40/per day for 1 umbrella & 2. Chairs. Yes, the unit comes with a few chairs & umbrella, so if you want to be a pack-mule you will save 40/day. We booked Ariel Dunes because we love the pools, they are very large and great if you have kids. Here is where our issue began, wrist bands are required to enter the pools. You need to remember a 5 digit code plus wrist bands. Our property management company was to ensure they were in the unit upon our arrival. SURPRISE, no wrist bands, called rental company and the rental agent told us to talk to the HOA, who do not work weekends. There is a security guard at the gate of the pool that was horrible, gave us a hard time about not having wrist bands, he did not care to listen to the HOA only open during the week story. We like to be on a holiday, not chase down HOA folks, or property management companies. Suggest using a different management company, or book through the resort direct, I believe they offer beach set up as part f the price. The unit was lovely, just poorly managed.

Room Tip: Book higher up or ocean view!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family