“Ariel Dunes**Loved it!!!”

Ranked #22 of 56 Speciality Lodging in Destin
Lafayette, La
“Ariel Dunes**Loved it!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2008

For my club's Girlfriend Getaway, we stayed at Ariel Dunes. It was awesome!!! The condo was beautiful, with great amenities. Very stylish and chic. Had a wonderful view of the beach from our balcony. It was very spacious. We would definitely consider Ariel Dunes next time we're vacationing in Destin.

• Liked — Near the beach & conviently located near shopping outlet, resturants, etc.
  • Disliked — Not a thing, Very pleased.
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
bama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2008

Stayed in a 2 bedroom + bunkroom. The room and furnishings were great! Even the lightswitches were labeled so that you didn't have to go around flipping switches trying to find the fan or the lamp or the light. The bed was comfortable, and there were flat screen tvs in the bedrooms (even the bunkroom) and living room. The owners of other units might or might not have similar furnishings though.

The only problems with the room were that the ice maker in the freezer was turned off, so we did not have any ice, and there were no blow dryers. We called the front desk to ask about a blow dryer, and he said, "Did you not bring one?" Then he said that he would "look around but we don't normally keep extras" and that he "would call if he found one." Never heard back from him.

Went down to the Cabana Cafe and asked the lady (Sweet Mary) at the register if there was an ice machine anywhere and she told us just to bring our cooler around the counter and she filled it with ice, for free.

Other than Sweet Mary, I was not impressed with the customer service. While checking in, I asked a question, and the girl interrupted me before I could barely finish. When I told her that I booked through bookit.com, she pretty much washed her hands of me and told me that I would have to call bookit.

• Liked — Room furnishings
  • Disliked — customer service
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends
dallas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2008

We rented unit 0210 in tower II the week of July 14-18. The unit was a complete mess. When we arrived on Sunday, 7/13, the drapes in one bedroom were completely detached from the wall (hardware and all), the carpet was full of stains in the living areas, the patio screen door was torn off (someone must have walked through it), and several of the patio table's tiles were broken and laying on the patio. I called 3 times over the week to have these items fixed but nothing ever happened. All I ever heard was ‘a work order has been created’. I don’t feel that I received the property that was advertised. We fully expected a Platinum unit as all the advertising said "absolutely gorgeous and a 10". The condition of the unit was a 5 at best.

Another problem was the unit had no basic cleaning items provided. No dish soap, dishwashing soap, laundry detergent, garbage bags, etc. - no cleaning items whatsoever. The unit felt like a well-visited hotel rather than a platinum condo.

I have left messages for Holly, the Seascape Property Manager, but have not received a reply.

Destin oferrs too many nice properties. This one should be avoided

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — Staff - cleaniness
2 Thank jdallasDallas
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2008

I am quite the traveler and have very high expectations of what I look for in a resort property... That being said, the Seascape Resort (ariel dunes) was a great location, sitting just across the street from beautiful Miramar Beach.

The condo we had was a 3 bedroom 3 bath unit. It had three balcony areas, living room and full kitchen with dinning room. It had all the comforts of home and had lavishly appointed with fine linens. There was a flat screen TV in each bedroom and a larger one in the living room.

I understand that all the units are NOT the same though, beings they are individually owned. As for the condo itself, I could not have asked for more. Even the pool was 100% prestine!

The staff at this resort was NOT up to par by any means. We had to wait over an hour to check-in. After a long drive, this is frustrating to anyone with small children! We paid our remaining balance in cash and placed our credit card for incidentals. We learned the day of our check-out that our money was applied to the unit of the person that was in front of us in line! We stayed another day to talk to the manager in the office (whom was obviously off duty the day of our check-out). We finally cleared it up but with a ton of red tape and hastle!

They also forgot to give us our pool passes and then tried to charge us for losing them.

Another thing, the phone in the condo was turned off - their response... "It is up to the owner to pay that bill"... It was not a big deal since we all had cell phones but come on...

The beach was perfect and came with an umbrella if you got up early to wait for one... (7:30 am-ish). The sand was clean and free of debris. The emeral blue waters were warm and friendly to us that week.

Overall, the condo - nearly perfect!
the staff - the worst I have ever seen.

• Liked — The condo was perfect!
  • Disliked — The staff was terrible!
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank Rebecca A
Atlanta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2008

Atlanta, GA

When my family and friends got there. We were very happy the view was excellent. We were on the 12th Floor, we were able to check-in right away. I expected the staff to be friendly but they weren't. What really bothered me is that Friday night we took our children (3 and 4 year old to swim at the beach) When we got back I gave them a bath. One of the towels hanging on the rack had some blood. I almost dried my kids with that bloody towel. The staff only works from 9-5pm so there is no way to contact anyone. The following morning at exactly 9am I personally visited the front desk and informed of them of what happen. The maid brought some towels but left the bloody towel. Around 12:30pm, I again went down stairs at this point I was furious because they are just not taking this whole thing seriously. Can you believe we stayed 2 nights and when we check out no one came to pick up the bloody towel.The condo management/owners and its staff has to abide by the OSHA regulations. The bottom line, the condo and the view is nice but the health of my family and friends are first. You just don't know what people has now adays, so I will not come back to Ariel Dunes and will not recommend it because of what we went through. I requested for a supervisor who is never present when I informed them of the problem. I've also informed the condo owners and e-mail them as soon as I returned home no e-mail no apologies...You decide???

Stayed July 2008
1 Thank bakasyon2002
Auburn, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2008

I loved my experience at the Ariel Dunes. My sister and I took her three teenage girls for 3 days and had a blast. The condo was incredible, with beautiful ocean views through the living room and a lovely view of the golf course from the bedroom. Kitchen was fully stocked with lots of plates/cups, cooking utensils, pots and electrics. Very clean and spacious, we had a one-bedroom with bunk beds and a pull out sofa, and there was a shower/toilet/sink combo adjacent to a toilet/sink, which was off of the hallway and master bedroom. Although no room service, they stocked a ton of towels so we never ran out. Beach was very close and had no problem finding a place to put our stuff. Pools were very clean, no sand at all, and very large. There was a little coffee/ice cream shop adjacent to a bar/restaurant downstairs which was convienent for morning coffee and snacks. One recommendation would be to bring extra trash bags (you get one per basket), paper towels, laundry detergent and 409 to spot clean any messes you make. Also, the property is owned by several different companies, and if you rent through resortquest, you must go to their office to get keys, not the lobby at the condo. They were really effiecient, however, we got the keys a little before 3, and they gave you a coupon book that we used along with a one adult/one child daily pass to big kahuna's, so that was pretty nice. We will be back for sure!

• Liked — spacious accomadations, beautiful views
  • Disliked — nothing!
Arlington, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2008

Just returned from a 7-day stay at Seascape Ariel Dunes II, June 29 - July 6, 2008. We arrived on Sunday, around 5 pm, and had a very easy check-in, no surprise charges as we had paid for the entire stay in advance through Book-It.com. We were asked for a credit card for any damages to the room, and received arm bands for the pool for each of us and as many key cards as we wanted.

Our unit (#1005) was at the elevator, which made for a little traffic, but not as much as we expected due to the July 4 Holiday. This unit was sparsely decorated compared to our friends’ unit in Ariel Dunes I, but it had all the necessary kitchen supplies (except for a dustpan). The Master bedroom comforter was stained or faded in one section, but the bed was comfortable and clean. Can’t say the same for the sleeper sofa – it was a thin mattress that even my 12 year-old wouldn’t sleep on. We had a good number of towels in the room and a fantastic view of the pool and the ocean from our balcony.

We didn't wait too long for elevators, and although the parking could be tough late at night since they were so full, I can say we did not experience large crowds at the pool or on the beach and got our umbrella and two chairs each day for as long as we wanted them. There is a little bit of a walk to the beach if you are carrying a cooler, boogie boards, towels, etc., and we never saw the tram that was advertised, but the walk was not a surprise as we were aware of the distance before we arrived.

The Cabana Cafe on-site is not very good. Our party ate there the first night since we had a coupon for 10% off and it was convenient. We ordered appetizers and salads that were okay and some pasta dishes that had a peculiar flavor we couldn’t recognize that were not good. One of the people in our party who paid with cash was short-changed by our server. We waited and waited for her to return to the table since she had not left a receipt with the change. We finally tracked down a manager, and once he found the receipt (the server had left for the evening) we were short $6 which the manager did return to us.

On the bright side, we ate at the Whale's Tale for lunch one day on the beach and it was very good, reasonably priced, and our server was a doll. Would definitely recommend eating here, you also got a 10% discount since it is part of the Seascape family.

The Seascape property is well-maintained; we saw maintenance and cleaning staff throughout the day, every day busy at work. The pools were well-monitored and parking lot well-lit at night. Overall, a very good experience and great value for the deal we got through Book-It for $99 a night.

• Liked — Price and location
1 Thank Angiem8