“Nice getaway !”

Ariel Dunes at Seascape Resort
Ranked #21 of 55 Speciality Lodging in Destin
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My family has stayed here three times over the years on our visit to Destin. We like the location and the beach is nice. We enjoy the beach service. I will say that they condo we stay in 705 in Ariel II is starting to show some age. Carpet needs to be replaced, walls painted and the dishes and cookware updated. The pools are nice and my teenage daughter enjoys the frozen coffee at the Cabana restaurant. Check and out was quick and easy. Only wish they would have basic stuff in the condo like salt and pepper, extra garbage bags and dish soap. I must say I was impressed when some young people were in the pool drinking and security came and asked them to move out of the pool. I thought that was good since small children were present in the pool area. Also even when they are full it never seems crowded or loud.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank NGRN75

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This high-rise condo sits back a bit across the street from the beach. We checked into room 1307 (which was directly across from the elevator but turned out to be quiet). Nice size 2bd/2bath for the four of us. Our balcony had a wonderful straight on view of the beach. Make sure you get a cart for your luggage to help with loading/unloading. The cafe on the ground floor was convenient for grabbing a mean cheeseburger during swimming sessions. They have a gym which was very well-equipped. Now when you go to the beach be prepared. You will hike down to the main road and just cross the street. If you plan on getting your free beach chairs/umbrella that the condo provides i suggest you walk down the sidewalk along the beach rather than on the beach. The lil shack that houses the chairs for these condos is quite a ways down on the beach. All in all we loved our stay and I would recommend this place to anyone who doesn't care whether or not they stay directly on the beach.

Room Tip: Tell them you want a room on the south side towards the middle of the building. Those have the best...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I really enjoyed myself! The first thing my husband & I did before booking was check the reviews. I was a little concerned considering some of the reviews weren't good, but I am SOOO glad we kept this reservation. I love condo #1803 in Dunes I. The view from our balcony is great and we could see straight ahead to the beach. There was a lot of shopping stores and restaurants we could drive a short distance to. We've been so busy out and about that we haven't even checked everything offered here at the resort:-) This condo had everything we needed. I even cooked dinner in our room one of the nights. I can't wait to plan our next stay here!!!

P.S. Remember, the higher your condo # the better your view

Room Tip: Get a large number condo... The higher up, the better your view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stayed in 405. It was fantastic. Bed was comfy and my family was happy. Hard walk to beach with a toddler though. The pool was wonderful and he enjoyed that real well. It was a good value and location wise it was good.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed in suite 901 at the Ariel Dunes. Very nice, very clean, everything we needed was in our room to make us feel right at home. Our granddaughters loved the pools and the beach was just across the street. Great ocean view from our balcony.

Room Tip: Our room came with everything we needed so we did not get extra room service, but we knew ahead of t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Donna G
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Our family stayed in Ariel Dunes II. Our condo was beautifully decorated, very clean and comfortable. Our particular unit had tile throughout, which I prefer over carpet. We had a great ocean view from our balcony and could see fireworks in the distance. Getting in and out of this location is difficult since traffic on the highway is so bad and there is not a traffic light. It is not located on the beach, but there is a shuttle. There really wasn't a gathering place or grills available to cook out. We enjoyed the trip and would recommend.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
SeascapeDestin, Guest Relations Manager at Ariel Dunes at Seascape Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Sounds like you had a very nice time with us at the Ariel Dunes. We're sorry there weren't any grills on-site for you, however just about a quarter a mile east, but still on our property and near the golf course, we had full access grills for you to use! Just an "FYI" for next time!

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

This was our first time in Destin and I can't say enough wonderful things about our stay. This location was perfect we were right across the street from the beach. The pool area remained clean at all times and it was never overcrowded. We had three families with a total of six kids. There was reasonable entertainment for the children within close proximity e.g Harbor walk, The Track, and Water Park. We didn't have to travel more than 5 miles for entertainment, dinner, or grocery stores. We normally visit Fort Morgan each summer for our vacation, but this trip has made us have a change of heart.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Glad you had such a fun time in Destin! We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future!