All reviews henderson state park across the street henderson beach outdoor pool hotel is located free breakfast yogurt the hotel is clean comfortable beds balcony room would definitely stay here again comfortable stay the breakfast area busy road front desk staff location is great third floor
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was not impressed with the Comfort Inn in Destin. It is a clean hotel-right in the middle of all the activities in a city made for tourists (especially kids). The clerk was nice, but (unlike ANY hotel I stayed at, they had NO toiletries to offer their guests that ran out or neglected to pack a toothbrush or shave cream!

Also, I was surprised that there was not a Business Center. They are renovating so maybe it's coming.

Besides those issues-this hotel is for families with kids that like glitzy, tourist-trap type activities. That doesn't make it bad-it's just not for me!

I have no use for Destin-I could not even find the beach-it's completely blocked by condo after condo!

So, unless you are doing Destin for the kids-go to Panama City or Pensacola Beach-where it is more restful, few glitzy things AND great (easy to find and get to) beaches!

Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We stay exclusively at Marriott properties; from London to Hawaii, Germany, and all over the continental US. I am a Platinum Elite member. We needed a hotel in Destin to attend a function at Hurlburt Field AFB. I used Marriott Rewards points for this stay because the cost was high; $179 per day I think. Everything was average at this hotel. Nothing to write home about. There's a better Marriott in Shalimar (1280 Eglin Parkway N. Shalimar Florida 32579) if you want Marriott. The beach across the street is great, but Destin is a tourist trap location anyway. We enjoy the beaches closer to Pensacola.

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Amanda A, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Destin, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very sorry that your stay was not satisfactory. Your a valued customer and everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to see you again and hope you give our hotel another chance at making it the best experience ever.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

My friend and I had just driven over 12hrs to get to Destin for some R&R only to be told that our reservation at our original hotel had been downgraded and then cancelled...without notifying us. We quickly jumped on all 3rd party sites to find a room that would accommodate us that was also within our price range. After over an hour of searching we decided to stay with the Fairfield based on availability and location. I worked with Ashleigh at the front desk ad she was very sympathetic to our situation and gave us a great rate. The room was amazing! The beds were nice and comfortable and the continental breakfast had plenty to choose from. Even though it was only a 3 night stay, we were treated like family from the front desk, to housekeeping, to the breakfast bar attendees. We will definitely be keeping them in mind for future stays. Thank you!!!
~Amanda & Staci
from Indianapolis

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Amanda S
Amanda A, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Destin, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are so glad that you had the opportunity to stay with us and allow us to make your trip great. Ashleigh, along with the rest of the hotel staff strive in making each guest feel as if they are at home and I'm glad to hear you felt that way. We look forward to having you both back with us on your next trip to Destin.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Let me first start by saying I researched extensively where to stay and i am quite picky. That being said I couldn't say enough great things about this hotel. The location is great, it is right across from Henderson State Park and near Walmart and a great sub placed called Lenny's where we stopped for sub sandwiches to take with to the beach. It is not on the beach so if that is most important to you it might not be the right place but we didn't have an issue hopping in the car and doing the short drive. The hotel is super clean (its new) and that is most important thing for me! I guess there are regular rooms and suites. if you get a regular room you will get two queen beds, the front desk told me the only rooms with King beds are the suites. The rooms are spacious, the lobby is nicely decorated, they have a couple computers you are free to use and print from. And they have breakfast every morning. Hotels these days are providing great breakfast for their guests and they are no exception. They have English muffins, waffle maker, muffins, cereal, yogurt, fruit, and juice to name a few. The staff is great and friendly, a special thank you to Corey who works the front desk- he was great! We would definitely stay here again :)

Room tip: Suites are the only rooms with KING beds
Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank EMarie
Amanda A, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Destin, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

We are thrilled to read your comments about your recent stay with us. My staff and I strive to work hard to make each guest feel the way you do and we are very glad that you enjoyed the hotel and staff. Corey is a great team member and I'm glad you were able to experience his great customer service. I hope that you will stay with us again next time you visit Destin as we always look forward to having our returning guest with us again.

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were attending a wedding and stayed here ... It's a toss between excellent and very good ... I understand not every place can have a bigger exercise room. It's big enough for 4....the hotel itself, is amazingly clean, smells clean...comfortable beds...! Indoor and outdoor pool which most places have one or the other. Plenty of places around to eat at too...!

Date of stay: April 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Julie P
Amanda A, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Destin, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us while in Destin for a wedding. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and all our hotel has to offer. We hope next time you are in Destin you stay with us again.