“Best Fairfield Inn”

Ranked #9 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Huntsville, AL
“Best Fairfield Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I traveled with my family to Destin, FL and selected the Fairfield Inn since I'm a Marriott Platinum member. I was surprised by the quality of all its services -- from checking in to checking out. All the employees are very professional and helpful. The breakfast is way above what other Fairfield Inn hotels offer. All the common areas are very clean and the rooms immaculate. Without hesitation, I know that I will stay in this hotel next time I visit Destin, Florida.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Rico49
Amanda A, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Destin, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
First off I would like to thank you for being a Platinum Marriott Member. As anyone we know you have a choice of where you can stay and we thank you for being loyal to Marriott. Second, I'm extremely happy to hear that with all of your travels that you enjoyed our property. We strive to make each guest feel at home and truly enjoy their vacation. We hope to see you and your family again very soon on your next trip to Destin.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I arrived to Fairfield at 6:30pm to find my hotel room was cancelled, because my card on hold was denied when they charged it. They have a policy that rooms not checked in by 6pm will be canceled. Luckily the front desk attendant was able to locate the last King Bed Suite for a lower rate. I really appreciated that, or else this review would have taken a different turn.

The hotel is very nice, this room was disable accessible so it was huge and across from the indoor/outdoor pool, standard complimentary breakfast and across the street from the State Park Beach. ($6 access / closes at sunset).

It's near everything in Destin and the most affordable for the amenities and quality.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am sorry about the issue with your credit card prior to check in as we strive to contact guest as early as possible as we know people are traveling to get here. I'm glad that you enjoyed your room and all of our amenities we have to offer. We hope to see you again in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Our stay at Fairfield Inn here in Destin, Fl has been nothing short of amazing! Originally our plans were to stay at another hotel in Destin, however my wife and I are so glad we chose the Fairfield Inn. They treated us like friends and the staff were so friendly. I'd like to say that we are so satisfied with our visit that we will absolutely come here next time! I'd like to give a special thank you to Caity who works at the front desk. She really made things special for our anniversary. Thanks so much for everything!

Anyone thinking of staying here; Stay here at the Fairfield Inn, you won't find a better place for the price

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Ashley F
Amanda A, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Destin, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay. The staff works hard to make each and every guests stay the best it can be and reviews like this help provide details of what the guest really enjoy the most. Caity is a great team member and I'm glad to hear that she made your anniversary special. Comments like this always get shared with the staff and I thank you for taking the time to provide the details of your stay. We look forward to seeing you and your wife again for your next vacation to Destin.
Mesquite, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

This is not your typical Fairfield Inn and I've stayed at many of them. It has beautiful landscaping, very clean rooms, very comfortable beds, good complimentary breakfast, and quiet. Our overall experience was excellent. Henderson Beach State Park is right across the street and it is a great beach. We were pleased with our visit and would recommend to anyone.

My only complaint was the check-in. We were not able to get into our room until 5:00 pm and the guaranteed check-in time is 4:00. I was surprised by this being a Marriott brand, but I realize things happen in a busy hotel and I drew the short straw.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jeffandkimh
Jordan H, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Destin, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Thanks for your kind words - we're extremely proud of our team and how hard they work to keep the hotel beautiful and welcoming for each and every guest who walks in our doors.
I do apologize for the delay in your room's readiness; you're correct - it's been a very busy month for us and our housekeeping team has been fervently working to get every room looking like new every day. Sometimes that takes a little longer, but I'm sure you'd agree that it was worth it.
Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again soon.
Newnan, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

My family of 5 stayed here last week for some beach time. This hotel is located directly across the street from Henderson Beach State Park (2 min. drive). HBSP is by far one of the most spectacular beaches in the state of Florida. The hotel is real nice and we had no complaints at all. It is an easy 4 mile drive to the Emerald Grande Harbourwalk Village and 8 miles to The Villages of Baytowne Wharf and The Grand Boulevard (wonderful entertaintment and restaurant areas).Great stay and will be going back.

• Stayed July 2014
Amanda A, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Destin, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
I'm glad to hear you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites. Although there is no hotels in Destin on the beach we know were lucky to be across the street from one of the best (Henderson Beach State Park) as they have alot to offer that most public beaches in the area do not such as restrooms, playground, pavilions, nature trails and so much more. I"m glad to see that you took advantage of us being centrally located to many great spots for entertainment in Destin. We hope to see you and your family back in Destin with us soon.
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

If your going to the beach stay on the beach. This hotel is across busy emerald coast parkway. We knew that when we booked the hotel I just wasn't aware of just how busy the street is. The state park that's across the street is nice and quiet part of the beach if you don't like crowds. It is $6/day for a vehicle and $2/person to walk through. The $2 can be applied to the cost of vehicle access if you come back that day. The hotel was average. I did compare their prices with other ocean front hotels in the area and it was close enough in price that I would've much rather stayed on the beach. The biggest disappointment for us was the service. No one was rude but no one seemed to like their job. Everything I inquired or asked for seemed to be an inconvenience. I worked front desk in college and know what it takes to make guests smile as cheesy as that sounds. Anticipating guests' needs and being bubbly goes a long way in making your hotel stand out.

• Stayed July 2014
Amanda A, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Destin, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Although we are not on the beach, there is no hotel in Destin on the beach but we are one of the closest with Henderson Beach State Park across the street. Each team member takes great pride in their job and making sure everyone enjoys their stay. I hope you you make it back to Destin and give us another try.
Houston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights while visiting Destin beaches.The hotel was newly renovated and was clean, comfortable, with a good sized room. Check in was easy with friendly staff. Room had microwave, refrigerator, computer work area, large bathroom. It would be roomy for a family. Breakfast adequate although eating area busy/crowded in mornings. Had eggs, rolls, cereals,waffles, juices, coffee, toast, fresh fruits, and yogurt.Location is wonderful- across highway from Henderson State Beach $6 fee. Many area public access beaches are close-(10-20 minute drives.) This is not directly on a beach, but easy to drive to various area beaches to explore several areas. We enjoyed this home base and could drive easily to many beaches.The Harbor area was short 12 min drive, as shopping and family activities.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank caymama
Amanda A, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Destin, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your detailed review on your recent stay with us. Its important to us that other guest see the things you enjoyed about our hotel and location. Although we are not on the beach, we are one of the closest to the beach since there are none located directly on the beach in Destin. We try and provide a good variety of breakfast options to accommodate everyone's wants and needs and were glad to see you enjoyed them. We hope to see you and your husband back again soon.