All reviews henderson state park across the street henderson beach outdoor pool hotel is located free breakfast yogurt the hotel is clean comfortable beds balcony room would definitely stay here again comfortable stay busy road the breakfast area front desk staff location is great third floor
Reviewed 29 December 2018 via mobile

I usually use Marriott properties when available and this is one I will save for future use. This hotel is centrally located within a 5-10 minute drive to restaurants and other activities in either direction. Even though the hotel is not on the beach it is located across the street to the entrance to the beach.

The hotel staff are nice and the rooms were clean. My only issue is that due to the construction on the road and our room located on top of the passageway, we heard all the highway traffic and construction.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 November 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for two weeks on business in early Nov. Check in was efficient and got to my room quickly. As mentioned before the hotel is not new and it’s reasonable to describe the room I had as a little tired. That said, the air con worked, the fridge worked an the bathroom had lots of hot water and good sized towels. There was an iron and ironing board as well as a small coffee machine - no tea so a good job I’d brought my own kettle and supply of earl grey. Bed was comfy and the small working desk was useful. Housekeeping was ok, but not spectacular. The morning breakfast buffet was a really pleasant surprise! Lots of fresh fruit, bagels, muffins, yoghurts, juices and a selection of hot food that varied each day. Lots of coffee and cups to take one away; no earl grey though but English Tea sufficed. Didn’t get to use the pool or the laundry either. The hotel is opposite the State Park and a short walk from Fudpuckers and a huge Walmart. Would be nice to see the place in summer, although I guess the daily drive to Hurlburt wouldn’t have been as quick. All in all, a pleasant hotel for a longer stay if a little tired around the edges. The room rates were impressive though which explained why it seemed to be full most days. Does what it says on the tin.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Brands_03
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Fairfield Inn Destin Friday September 14th and Saturday the 15th. The rates were very good. The hotel is right across the highway from the beach. The beaches in Destin are absolutely beautiful. The sand is so white it looks like confectionery sugar. There's not a bit of trash on the beach, not a single cigarette butt. Mix of people all kinds of ethnicity and everybody just enjoying the beach.

The Fairfield is very clean, very comfortable beds, comes with complimentary breakfast. There are no obnoxious smells or anything unpleasant about this hotel. It's just a very nice basic hotel with good rates compared to its competitors. There is plenty of free parking, easy access in and out. Very good location on the main highway.is What's not to like about it.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2018

This was our first time staying at a Fairfield inn and Suites by Marriott. This was our best stay. Even with construction going on it was great. . Clean, I have never seen a hotel so clean . We will certainly stay again. We checked in late, everything was in order, only thing was you have to park around back due to renovations. The inside was really nice. New carpet thru out the hotel. The bedding was so clean and fresh. A very large room also. The bathroom was so clean, it was a pleasure to take a nice hot shower in there with an awesome glass sliding door. Bed was very comfortable, nice tv. The breakfast buffet was outstanding. We travel a lot and this is by far the best. Some hotels we walk out of the breakfast it is so bad. They had eggs 3 ways, sausage, turkey sausage, all kinds of cereal, hot and cold. Danish, bagels, waffles, fresh cut fruit, Yogurt, all kinds of different types of milk, Almond milk, regular milk, chocolate milk, all in small boxes like school. The lady taking care of the area was very attentive to her job. Very nice lady. Thank you for providing a very positive experience. I wish we were there longer to enjoy your hotel, but it was just one night. Thank you.

Room tip: We were on the second floor. It was quiet.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Front D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Destin, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

It is an absolute pleasure to read about your recent stay with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Destin. We take pride in offering a clean and comfortable stay, and I am glad to see that we were able to live up to your expectations. It will be my honor to pass on your kind words to the team. Thank you for your beautiful review. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

My wife and I couldn’t pass up the rates at this property. Other than the distinct smell of mildew and lack of a decent view, the 4th floor room (428) we stayed in was clean and comfortable. The front desk staff was polite and helpful. Housekeeping was a bit inconsistent (forgetting to replenish shampoo or leave fresh towels one one day) but nothing that wasn’t immediately rectified.

Best of all, the state park across the road provided $6.00 all-day access to a lovely stretch of uncrowded, white sand beach.

For the price, totally worth it.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Joseph K, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Destin, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Thank you for your recent review on tripadvisor.com. It was certainly a pleasure to read about the hospitality you experienced during your previous stay. I do want to apologize for the inconsistency with the cleaning of your room, as well as any mildew smell in room 428. I want to assure you that this will be addressed.

We love the location of our hotel being right across the street from the beautiful Henderson State Beach park. We do hope to accommodate you again when visiting Destin, FL.