“Great Location”

Ranked #43 of 56 Speciality Lodging in Destin
St. Elmo, Illinois, USA
“Great Location”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed in room 201 had a great view there was something's that was missing from the room that we could've used. Went to get online and had internet signal but no internet without wifi. Called the office and they said the unit had no wifi access. But the rest of the stay was great.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank ammo14

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

My husband, three children and I visited Destin for the first time in June and we stayed at Grand Caribbean West on the third floor. I wish I could remember the number but never less it was a great stay! The unit had every single thing we could have possibly needed for the week. Beach towels, beach toys, plenty of bathroom towels, blankets, a complete kitchen from pots and pans to tubberware to baskets to organize your snacks for the week in. We were in town for a wedding and went to a cook out one night & I had plenty of take along bowels & baskets to put my food in like I was at home! My children loved the bunk beds in the hallway which is down the hall a little ways from the bedroom. The building offers lots of parking & you have a beautiful view of the gulf from your third floor balcony not to mention for a great price!

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Busyfam5
Meridian, Mississippi
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We love to stay with Mrs Amanda when we visit the beach. The condo area is gated and everyone is very friendly. We enjoy the pool and hot tub. The view from the third floor is amazing. We loved our stay and plan to go back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Metairie, Louisiana
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We went to Destin and stayed at the Grand Caribbean West Unit #208. It was such a beautiful unit. We had such a relaxing stay. The condo overlooks the pool and had all of the amenities that we needed for our stay. It was very convenient to local restaurants and the Destin Commons. I also enjoyed the walking (bike) path outside of the condos. The balcony overlooks the path so we would sit outside and have our morning coffee while we watched all of the people running, walking, or biking. I also ran on the path everyday that we were there. This is a definitely a wonderful place to stay in Destin.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Laurie F
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay we we're there 4days 3nights and the view was awesome we really enjoyed it! We are planning to return this summer with the kids. We loved it we plan to make this a family outting twice a year

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mrshayes16
Spring, Texas
Reviewed 2 July 2012

My wife and I stayed at a friend’s timeshare the first 3 days in Destin. Very nice. The next 3 days we had to find a place. We found Grand Caribbean very close to the 1st place and from the reviews on the place we decided to choose it. PEOPLE!! How on earth can you actually like this place. I have been in a more sound proof tent. We arrived early since our other place was only a couple blocks away. They said our room wasn’t ready yet because they were cleaning it. I think the maid cleaned while blind folded. Hair all over the room. In the kitchen, on the dining room table, on the floor, all over the bathroom. GROSS!. There was a layer of dirt all over the place. We were even charged $80.00 to have the room cleaned. Everyone has to pay this. They did a .25 cent job on our room.The refrigerator sounded like a diesel truck. Oh, and the rack inside the fridge was duct taped together. REALLY ???? The ice maker created one huge block of ice instead of cubes. The table and chairs must have been dug out of a trash dumpster. They were falling apart. There was no additional deadbolt on the door and you could see where the door had been kicked in before. The frame is busted. I wasn’t concerned although due to my CHL and hardware accordingly. I especially liked the extension cord and power strip strung across the wall to the TV. Nice touch. The photos on the home page are of a room other than what we stayed in. They would never put our room online. I guess they thought the beaches would compensate for the poor room. Not sure how it got 3 star rating either. Dont expect coffee or even shampoo. NEVER AGAIN.

Room Tip: If you read a good review it must be from someone that knows the owner or just doesnt have very high...