“The best”

Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village
Scottsville KY
“The best”
Reviewed 6 October 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights, the people where great the room was wonderful and the view and location was perfect. The beach was private would have been better if the shuttle ran later then 5pm wanted to be on the beach at night.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Korean first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 5 October 2012 via mobile

If you want a nice quiet relaxing vacation, do not come here. The hotel sits on a busy highway. Our room overlooked the parking lot and we heard blaring DJ noise from AJ's Restaurant (poor food). They hold a fishing contest everyday and scream out the weights beginning in the afternoon. AJ's is a good block away and we still heard every word from 9 stories up. The hotel is located on the HarborWalk, a little tourist trap filled with souvenir shops and bad restaurants. The pool is way too small for the capacity of the hotel so that wasnt fun. They provide a water taxi to their "private beach" which is actually a strip of sand connected to a public beach. The water taxi comes every 15 minutes and has toilets on it THAT DON'T WORK! The operator said it had been that way for 2 weeks! Also BAD: Maintenance problems that were ignored. NO HOT WATER, and missing light bulbs. THE GOOD: The rooms are beautiful... Granite countertops, stainless appliances and very comfortable beds.

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank HHS71
Columbus, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 1 October 2012

We booked this place thinking that there was going to be more people with us on our trip. That being said 2 of us stayed in a two bed/ two bath with a bunk room so this place was huge. Everything in the condo was new and clean (except the old coffee grounds still in the coffee pot). The harbor walk is a really cool place to hang out. Lots of shopping, restaurants and bars. Parking was full but I parked my truck and boat at a closed down restaurant next door and left all my gear in it. Security kept an eye on it all night and I didn't lose anything. This place is very expensive but worth the money.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jack H
VictoriaWyatt, Manager at Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village, responded to this review, 5 October 2012
Dear Jack H,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm excited to hear you enjoyed our resort as well as the numerous amenities surrounding our property. We hope you decide to pay us another visit. Next time I recommend bringing the whole family and try one of our larger four bedroom corner units. The view from the corner units are unbeatable!

Fremont, Ohio
Reviewed 29 September 2012

I've read alot of reviews regarding the Emerald Grande on Tripadvisor, and there were some good..and some bad. I must say, we throughly enjoyed our stay! The room we stayed in was clean and cozy making for an awesome family vacation! The pool was nice and Sept. must be the most perfect time of the year to go, because there was plenty of poolside seating and was never over crowded. The food and poolside staff were excellent! First time having fish tacos..yum! My son enjoyed the chicken fingers and my friends enjoyed the Crabcake sandwish. (club and chicken sandwish also a big YUM!) AND..ta- boot...reasonably priced also....I was quite pleasently surprised for a resort. We also went to Beasly Beach in Fort Walton was nice. Oh yea....take the family on the Seablaster sunset dolphin cruise...AWESOME!! The kids loved Jet sking at Boogies (coupons available for discounts at booths along the bouvard) I JUST LOVE DESTIN~

Room Tip: Get the 6th floor or above in the East towers...better view. We were on the 4th, and were looking at...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Louisville
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Spent a couple of nights here with fishing buddies in May. The fishing was great. The Emerald Grande was over the top of our expectations. The location is right where all the action is on the waterfron in Destin. Great restaurants in walking distance and a beautiful view from our wrap around porch of the bay and the gulf of Mexico. The room appointments were outstanding. Granite countertops, nice furnishings, spacious bathrooms etc....

Planning to take the family here one day.

Room Tip: Get a corner room with wrap around balcony!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Dear MattressMaker,

Thank you for your nice review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay in May. I encourage you make your next visit in the fall sometime. The rates are lower and the weather is still nice enough for the beach and pool! Either way, we look forward to your next visit.

Warmest regards,
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Lots of bling! Room is lovely and the kitchen staff A1. Excellent room service, excellent pool side service. Apparently the front dest and maintence and the food/beverage service have two different managers.

Our problems were with the front desk and their lack of solving problems. The first night I woke up with the sheets on the king size bed bundled at my feet, sleeeping on the matress. Upon investigation found that the sheets were the wrong size, as well as the blanket. They could not be tucked in. Reported to the desk, no resolutions, in fact the look I received told me that this was not going to go any place. Informed the cleaning staff when they came to the room and she said she would fix it. Next morning, sheets all on the floor, on the matress again. Notified front desk again-nothing. When we came back from dinner, called front desk again---"after 5PM no housekeeping available to change sheets." We went out again and upon return a new set of sheets and blanket were on the FLOOR next to the door. Unfolded these new sheets, same size, too small. Geeze!! Again called downstairs......no resolution...and they did not think there was a problem with clean sheets on the hallway floor either. Next morning, after wrestling with short sheets again. spoke to the front desk ......and got an answer "they are instructed to only put king size sheets on the master bed, the other king bed is supplied with double sheets, per mangement instructions".
THIS IS CERTAINLY A FIRST IN MY EXPERIENCE TRAVELLING. How do you sleep in a short sheeted bed? BADLY!!

Next problem, light were out over the master bathroom sink........Two days to replace bulbs.

And then there was the shower, drip, drip, drip, not much more water than that....as well as the water temperature was maybe warm, but by the time it hit your feet it was cold. Maintence said that it is working properly and the water does not get warrner....

AND HERE IS THE UGLY LAST BUT NOT LEAST.....When the maintence man was finished with the shower, he picked up my hand towel to dry his arms and hands ( my husband was sitting on the bed watching him) UGH UGH UGH

Makes you wonder about the dishes etc. in the kitchen!!!!!!I would advise putting them in the dishwasher before using.

Over the last few years we have investigated the posibility of purchasing a unit, as well as my girlfriend. . The sales office had done a great presentation and we were impressed. So we decided to visit the hotel to look at from the perspective of if we owned this unit, what would it be like. During the presentation I never noticed that the pool is really only a wading pool, nor the inconvience of getting back and forth from the beach. Nor would we have known that on Friday night you can not sit on the porch as the music from across the street BLARES!! The music was pretty good, but certainly not an environment for let's sit outside and relax, talk and enjoy the view.

I would not stay at the Emerale Grande again, nor recomment it. I really do expect beds made up with proper sheeting, and I do not want anyone else using my towels. I enjoy a shower that will at least steam up the mirrors. The rooms are impressive, the hallways are a bit like living in an apartment building, you know what eveyone is cooking as it permeates the hallways.

It is fortunate that we did stay in the hotel, as the possibility of purchasing a unit is far from a possibily now.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank aptally
Dear aptally,

Thank you for your detailed review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your luxurious accomodations. However, I do apologize about the issues you had with your sheets during your stay. I will speak with my Executive Housekeeping Manager about the small sheets on the large beds. I also would like to apologize about some of the maintenance issues. I'm glad they were able to fix them for you during your stay though. If you would like to contact me directly I would love to speak to you so we can maybe discuss these issues more in detail. I hate to hear these issues may prevent you from another visit to our resort. My direct line is (850) 424-0631 and my email is vwyatt@legendaryinc.com. I hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,
Buford
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Being a Wyndham Gold owner-for whatever that really gets me--I have to admit that the help that I received from the onsite staff at Emerald Grande was so helpful and they were always ready to answer all my questions. I had alot of concerns that it all was going to come together. I made reservations very early and later learned that the rooms were not as spacious as indicated on Wyndham's website. Be aware that your 3 bedrooms are not as large or spacious as most we have enjoyed. Be aware of the layout of the property and location of your Wyndham units. Hopefully as they increase their unit numbers there will be better locations available.

We enjoyed the pool - sorta missed not being able to walk to the beach with the kids. Although they did love the experience of taking the boat to the beach which was a great area for small children to swim. Our teenage grandkids enjoyed the activities on the boardwalk at night.

Their catering service helped us plan a family "get together" around the pool on Sunday afternoon with a number of family members that were not staying with us at the EG. It was a great success and enjoyed by all.

Our overall visit worked out and we have alot of good memories. That was due to the staff at Emerald Grand working to accomodate Wyndham owners as best they could. They were responsive to our needs. I have spent many many days on the beach in the Panhandle and can assure anyone looking for a beautiful location to vacation will be well pleased with beautiful Destin. The Emerald Grand has an upscale atmosphere offering alot of amenities. Just call and ask for help. They are working hard to make the transition with Wyndham as smooth as possible. The Wyndham onsite representatives are working just as hard to help the owners have a wonderful visit.

Room Tip: Make sure you know the layout of the complex. Some rooms will face a close building - watch for roo...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Dear Mary R,

Thank you for your review. It prides me to read that our staff was able to assist with all of your needs during your visit. I also am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your experience with our food & beverage staff. Our goal at Emerald Grande is to ensure our guests and owners are fully satisfied with their accomodations all the way around. We hope to see you for your next visit to Destin.

Best regards,