“Great family vacation spot!”

Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village
Reviewed 4 July 2014

A friend of the family who owns one of the condos at Emerald Grande recommended it to us. I have stayed in Seaside twice before and thought this would be a nice change for our family of 6 (Mom, Dad, Gramma, 18 yr old, 13 yr old, 5 yr old). Great location right by HarborWalk Village with numerous activities (including zipline, that bouncy harness thing my 5 yr old likes, boat and jet-ski rentals, etc.), upscale restaurants, shopping, and events such as Thursday night fireworks, local bands/musicians, Tuesday night Mardi Gras entertainment...you could park your car and just stay here for the week and have plenty to do. Our condo (2 bedroom/2 bath with 1 king bed room, 1 queen bed room, and then another room with twin bunk beds that didn't have a closet or bathroom which is why I guess it isn't considered a 3rd bedroom) was roomy, clean, up-to-date, comfy beds and sheets, well-stocked kitchen...only complaints were could use more ceiling lighting in the bedrooms. Staff was super helpful and friendly...bell staff, front desk, etc...all willing to help and offer their assistance...daily maid service for towels and refresh of kitchen and bathroom with friendly maids...no complaints. Free DVD rentals that my family enjoyed several nights (kind of like a free Red Box). Hotel pool and deck with bar/food area were very nice (pool could be larger or they could add an extra pool somewhere) and my kids had a great time...busy but it was never overrun with too many people and we are here 4th of July week. We haven't taken the hotel water shuttle to the hotel beach but may try before we leave tomorrow....we went to Henderson Beach one day and also rented a pontoon and hung out at Crab Island another day which were both wonderful!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DisneyMomOf3Girls
MarkPzinski, Guest Services Manager at Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

DisneyMomOf3Girls,

So happy to hear you had such a great time at Emerald Grande! I see that you had the opportunity to take advantage of all we had to offer, with things to do for kids of all ages. It sure is the perfect place to bring you and your family. I hope we can see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Our family stayed in a three bedroom unit overlooking the harbor walk. The unit was exceptionally clean and spacious. All the staff that we came in contact with went out of their way to be pleasant and friendly. One morning we had breakfast by the pool and the food was excellent as was the service.
The only reason I did not give a five star rating was our very poor experience with the beach. We were told by the front desk staff that beach chairs, umbrellas,and towels would be provided at the beach to Emerald Grande guests. This was not the case. On the boat over were were encouraged to tip the crew as they were there for us, hmmm. Upon arrival there were no chairs available and no one to set up new ones. We finally got four chairs for our group of five by grabbing some from a family that was leaving for the day. Next we tried to the get towels. I went to the boat which had returned and upon boarding I asked the Captain about the towels. She practically read me the riot act. Informed me that she was not housekeeping or the front desk but the Captain! Sorry, my bad, I took them at their word when the boat crew said we should come to them with any needs. The Captain went on to tell me that I should call the front desk if I wanted towels. I did this and indeed on the next boat (they come at half hour intervals) were towels. Waiting for the boat is another adventure. It only holds 49 passengers, we were about 20th in line but when the boat came the crew did nothing to keep order and people just swarmed the boat knowing they would wait another half hour in the sun for another chance. Having a designated line up area or giving our numbered tickets would easily solve this issue.
That beach problem was our only one. We thoroughly enjoyed the area, the restaurants, and shops. Our balcony was a perfect viewing area for the Thursday night fireworks. We also felt that by not having to leave the resort area we got more time to actually relax as opposed to driving around looking for places to eat and park.
I noticed that some reviewers complained that the water was murky but this must have been due to tidal activity because when we were there the water was a prefect clear emerald.
I would absolutely recommend this resort to others and hope to stay again in the near future.

Room Tip: Harbor Walk view rooms have beautiful views of the water. You can people watch and enjoy the sight...

StellaRichardson,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at Emerald Grande. While I'm happy to hear you enjoyed yourself , I'm sorry to hear you had a negative experience at the beach. Please know that we will look into this, and does not reflect how our beach is at all. Besides the beach problem, I'm glad to hear that everything was wonderful, and you had the opportunity to take in all the we have to offer. It sure is a great place to come, and with everything to do on property, there is no need to fight with the traffic. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We rented 2, 3 bedroom units and found the quality of the furniture and appliances way above average. The beds were very comfortable as I was able to sleep from the very first night. One room was a deluxe unit which had bunk beds in the 3rd bedroom the other unit was called "plus". It had a queen bed in the 3rd bedroom. The private beach required a shuttle boat trip but was certainly worth the trip. The water was clear and calm on a white sand beach equipped with free beach chairs and umbrellas. The pool area was nice but not quite large enough to handle a facility this size. As many others have commented the indoor pool is not up to the standards of the rest of the facility. As for location, the harbor walk village is a setting we all dream of being able to experience. They have activities most nights varying from patriotic to a live rock band, to fireworks and another evening included a small parade. For the most part this area was well planned and very convenient.

Room Tip: The Harbor view was amazing.
1  Thank kidscoach4

kidscoach4,

I'm happy to hear you had a great time with us at Emerald Grande. Events are happening throughout the week, and there is always something to do in HarborWalk Village. Glad to hear you got to take advantage of our complementary beach chair and umbrellas available for all of our guests, and our rooms are all top-notch. I hope we get the chance to see you again soon at Emerald Grande.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We just visited Destin June 14-21 2014. We were very pleased with our room. It was clean and up to date. Had a nice view of the Bay. The pool was nice. Wish it could have been a bit bigger. Indoor pool was not worth using. I prefer being able to walk out on the beach, however we enjoyed the trip in the shuttle out to the beach because we saw many dolphins on several occasions. The kids enjoyed snorkeling at the beach and finding hermit crabs. The water was beautiful and the little ones didn't have to fight large waves. MAJOR down fall with the beach is there are NO bathrooms. If you have to go, you have to wait for the next shuttle to come by and use the boat. That is not always convenient when you are a woman, or have small children. They need to build a small bar for drinks and some bathrooms on the beach. I liked not having to worry about taking towels and that there was an Umbrella set up to use when we arrived every day. Staff was friendly and food at pool side was great. I would stay again.

2  Thank Nikki H
VictoriaWyatt, Manager at Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Nikki H,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed all the amenities on property including your luxurious accomodations. I apologize about the rest room situation on the beach. If there is anything we could possibly assist you with further please contact me directly at (850) 424-0631 or vwyatt@legendaryinc.com.

Best regards,

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We have stayed at this Hotel twice now and have had both the pool view and a harbor view. The harbor view is our favorite. We love the decor and service. All of the staff including in the gift shop were most pleasant and helpful. I suggest that the tile floor in the kitchen get a more thorough cleaning as ours had some dirty spots when we arrived. Also we would have liked more water pressure in the showers. Our room had 3 bedrooms, 3 full baths, and 2 balconies and great views. There was plenty of room and open space for our group of 4 adults. Since you are on the HarborWalk you are close to all the happenings. My husband and a large group of other men went on an all day fishing trip on the Destin Princess. The boat docked less than a half mile from the Emerald Grande. We did not take the shuttle to the beach this trip but spent a lot of time at the pool.

Room Tip: I you ask for a pool or harbor view, find out how much of those areas you will actually see. When w...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

peachybrown,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for the feedback you had for the rooms. We're always looking to receive any feedback whether it be positive or negative so we know how we're doing and improve where it may be necessary. We look forward to your next visit.

Regards,

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This was our first trip to Destin and we were lucky enough to stay at the Emerald Grande. The outdoor pool was great for my young children but thank goodness it did not rain because the indoor pool appeared ot be the size of a postage stamp. The staff is friendly and helpful and the Thursday night fireworks were a treat. There is no beach access but the Emerald Grand provides a free shuttle across the harbor and complimentary chairs and umbrellas at the beach. Word of caution to those looking for clear ocean water, that was not the case. There is a definite yellow tint to the water. If I had a few more days in Destin, I likely would have sought out a public beach on the ocean where the water is clearer. Hotel has a convenient location to shopping at the harbor and it's fun to watch the charter boats leave and then come in with a haul.

Room Tip: I would guess that rooms facing the harbor are quieter than our condo facing Route 98. With patio do...
1  Thank 44141Mike

44141Mike,

Thank you for your review. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at Emerald Grande. I hope you can come back to see us again so you can experience the famous emerald colored waters next time. Due to the weather and large amount of rain we've had, it has not been as emerald as it usually is. Thank you again for taking the time to review your stay with us.

Cheers,

Reviewed 22 June 2014

The property was beautiful. The room was beautiful. The bed was great. The beach set up was included. You can walk to shops, restaurants, and there is beach shuttle with towels. That is where it ends. The beach is shared with half of the harbor snorkel business and half of all the hotels nearby and the beach isn't that big. One day while we were at the beach a pontoon full of people pulled up not 15 ft. from us and people jumped out and started swimming in what l would have thought was for Emerald Grande guest and left their pontoon anchored there. I asked them they were not Emerald Grande guest they were staying at a place on the ocean and had just rented a pontoon from the harbor. I don't know if there will be any room at the beach during the busy season. The water pressure in our room was horrible!! The shower at the beach was better than the shower in our room, When I called desk about the water pressure they said that's how it is. And depending which elevator that you took you might not need a keycard to go anywhere in the hotel. With all the traffic in the parking garage and at the Harborwalk I don't know how secure that is. For the money spent I would have expected better. PS don't get worked up about the fireworks...they last about 5 mins. Very nice but don't take a boat out to watch from water. Lots of great views from Emerald Grande.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank stlcardinalfan51

stlcardinalfan51,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I apologize about the issues you had on the beach. I will definitely have this addressed with our staff on the beach to see how we can avoid this from happening again. We do offer two beach locations now for our guests and owners now to help with situations like this. If there is anything I can address further please contact me directly at (850) 424-0631 or vwyatt@legendaryinc.com.

Best,