The Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village is a nice resort but would not consider it a beach resort.
From the beginning:
Check in was quick and efficient. We were told we would be on the penthouse floor. We were of course excited thinking it would be something special. Upon arrival we found a regular 3 bedroom 2 bath slightly warm room with a pool view. We soon figured out they just din't want to call it the 13th floor. That being said the views were beautiful.
This was our second stay at the Emerald. Our room this stay was clean but not very roomy. Would not recommend this size room for 6 people(unless 2 are small children). We felt like we were always running into one another. The 3 bedroom harbor view we stayed in our previous visit was much roomer. Living room furniture was very uncomfortable. Not that it was used much. The master bath was beautiful and huge but would have loved some of that space in other areas. Master bed was comfortable. The bunk room was extremely small with no storage/closet space and my daughter complained of it being warm in the evening.
That brings me to my first real complaint. Before arrival i read some recent reviews and there were several complaints about water pressure. We have stayed at many timeshare condos and most are very eco friendly so I assumed that is what the reviews were referring to when they complained about low water pressure. I was wrong. The first morning in the shower, which you only turned on hot water to get warm water, I find myself with no water at all. After several minutes it started flowing (if you can call it that) again. I let them know when they called for our welcome phone call. I wasn't really upset the first time it happened but became annoyed the fifth time. I even tried using the beautiful large tub. However once i was in and had a head full of shampoo i found out there was not enough water pressure to use the hand held to rinse it out. So beware when you hear low water pressure we are not just talking eco friendly.
Speaking of eco friendly, I would not place that label on this resort. We had to run the dryer 3-4 cycles to dry 1/2 a batch of laundry. Your kitchen garbage is at most a 4 gallon can with a 13 gallon bag. You are constantly taking out the garbage. Not because the bag is full but because they give a bedroom/bathroom size can for you full kitchen.
That brings us to the elevators. As this was our second stay we had a heads up on the difficult navigation of the elevator system that has East/ West/Public/ and Resident elevators. We won 1/2 the battle, the other half was the extremely long wait times. We would often send whomever was ready first to get the elevators while others were still getting ready. Wait times ranged for 5-15 minutes to get an elevator that was not full.
This will likely be our last stay at this resort.
They bring you via shuttle to a beach that is not private. Locals and tour boats bring boat loads of people to the same beach. You have to watch where you are walking not to trip on anchor lines from pontoon rentals and local boaters. Our group had to move out of the way of a local boater to avoid being hit. A rider of the boat had to jump in the water to try and stop the progression of the boat after the engine was stopped. The driver could not put the boat in reverse due to a person in the water behind the boat. You are in bay/pass waters not the gulf. This is a plus for small children and not so much for older children looking to ride non extant waves. Snorkeling at the jetties was OK. Saw same small fish (sea perch) and hermit crabs but not much else. If you want the true Destin experience you have pack up and go to a public beach. Henderson Beach is very nice!!!
Crab Island Catina
My husband wanted to try 2 different kind of meat tacos. We were told that was not possible since they were frozen together. Tacos came wrapped with two soft shells. The inter shell was mushy and my husband attempted unsuccessfully to remove. I ordered the steak fajitas. They were good but found them over priced. Food was eatable but very overpriced for the quality.
Margaretta was good beer was warm service was marginal. We would not recommend not will we visit again.
We did not eat here but had drinks on the dock one evening and listened to live music with great crown enteraction. Was very entertaining, They stopped playing on the dock at 11:00 so we visited the bar on the second level which also had live music and a dance floor. We nice place to spend the evening. Roomy and had a great gulf breeze.
We rushed back from Henderson beach in tons of trafic to view the harbor firework. They were beautiful however very rushed and very short. Do not plan an evening around just seeing the fireworks. 5-7 mins at most.
We did enjoy our vacation however after six days we were extremely ready for a nice long HOT shower with out a 15 min. wait to get to the front door.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village is Destin's shining jewel overlooking some of the most marvelous turquoise water and sugar sand beaches in creation. The one-of-a-kind architecture blends harmoniously with the harbor front setting. All rooms have spacious balconies with panoramic views overlooking the Emerald Coast. With four different resort residence categories to accommodate families of all sizes, you'll enjoy luxurious accommodations that include custom-crafted furnishings and lavish baths, with a level of service that sets the standard for all other family resorts. Amenities include a full service European spa and fitness center, indoor and outdoor heated pools overlooking the Gulf of Mexico, full-time concierge, numerous restaurants to choose from as well as in-room dining, state-of-the-art business center, garage parking and 24 hour security. Emerald Grande is nestled inside HarborWalk Village where activities and entertainment waits to please each and every member of your family-dive in and make memories that will last a lifetime. Here you can find waterfront shopping, water sports, boat, pontoon and ski rentals, world class fishing, aqua adventures, dolphin cruises, clubs and nightlife, weekly fireworks, seasonal festivals, live entertainment, magic shows, and an array of restaurants to satisfy all tastes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Emerald Grande Harbor Walk Village Hotel Destin
- Emerald Grande At HarborWalk Village Destin, Florida