“The real deal oceanfront”
Review of Sea Oats Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Destin
Sea Oats Motel
Ranked #13 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Pensacola, Florida
“The real deal oceanfront”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

This motel is literally on gulf front, no walking a half mile to the beach, no crossing traffic etc. great staff, extremely clean inside and out, comfortable beds, kitchenette a real bonus large fridge. Oh yeah very nice pool. This place is a gem in Destin, I hope they never sell out, I'm thinking this is the last motel that's actually truly gulf front in Destin everything else is condos and mini mansion houses. We will return in the next month for a short relaxing getaway.

Room Tip: Ask for first floor, you can walk right out to the sand.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Melanie F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
kimberly815
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I have stayed at this motel several times over the years, and have been pretty happy. However, this year was different. The bathtub in our room was nothing short of disgusting. It looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years, the coating was chipping off and the rubber mat inside was covered in mildew on the bottom. When traveling with a small child, this is awful!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank kimberly815
Benton, Arkansas
Reviewed 12 September 2013

This motel had a very nice view and a good location. I was under the impression that I was going to walk out my backdoor onto the sand, which wasn't the case. We had to walk down the deck area and down stairs to get to the beach, but it was still about as close as possible. There is no housekeeping and you have to go to the office to get your own towels. Overall, we had a good experience.

Room Tip: get a room on the end away from the pool, it will be closer to the steps to get to the beach.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank CTip
Jacksonville Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We loved this quaint little motel. I read lots of review about Destin hotels before we booked this place, and I was very hesitant to book this place…But I am SOO glad we did!!! We had booked the Hilton for only 2 nights and it was pretty expensive, so I kept looking to see if we could find a better deal. We have the money to spend, but I’m such a barging shopper by nature. I went ahead and booked the Sea Oats because we could get 3 night for less than 2 nights at the Hilton. That won me over! I think the best advice to give is one I read in someone else’s review, and they hit the nail on the head. “If you want a fancy, resort style vacation, this is not the place for you.” BUT if you want a nice little, quaint, clean room just steps to the sand, then this place is perfect!!! There is no housekeeping and you have to turn in your towels, but that just gives you a chance to ask the front desk for great local spots!  For us, waking up, walking out of our bottom floor room, and walking right out to the sand, was all we needed! We will absolutely be back to the Sea Oats Motel! Hopefully, make it an annual trip!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TravelBug2312
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I'm not sure why there's some negative reviews on this place, our stay was amazing. We stayed on 2nd floor efficiency with our 9mon old & 6yr old, on corner right by pool which is quiet bc pool closes @ dark. Great for kids, its so easy to walk down to beach & back to room to eat a snack, use the potty, or nap. No you don't have room service and daily maid service, but you do get clean towels daily & if you need anything else the office can supply they're happy to, I think small price to pay for so much privacy! It's like your own little apartment, so clean up after yourselves & you will be fine. The location is key, clean, private, well maintained beach literally right off your back door! Our room was clean, updated & smelled wonderful! We saw dolphins swim by every night @ sunset & every morning but 1 around 7 am. So amazing! I will say the bedspreads are basic so bring your own comfy blankets from home, & your own chairs & umbrella ( we got 1@ Alvin's for $8) bc the chair service is only from 9-5 & $25. Other than that they supplied 4 of everything dishes & silverware wise & a full set of pots & pans, cooking utensils, & even dish soap! (Bring a can opener!) Overall, this place was great, walk right off property onto beach, great price, convenient for families with kids. We will definitely stay here over & over again every time we come to Destin!

Room Tip: I would suggest 2nd floor because you have a private balcony, ours was shaded. We stayed on corner r...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Melody T
Enterprise, Mississippi
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Another year and we stayed at Sea Oats again...in our same efficiency room, which was beautifully remodeled. We brought elderly mother and 5 months old grandson with us this time. She had not been there in several years and thought the unit was also beautiful. We have been staying with Sea Oats since the late 80's and have experienced a lot of changes in Destin. The staff were extremely nice again and loved our beautiful grandson. One of the secretaries held him and took his picture when we brought him in the office with his sunglasses on and a do-rag on his head. We rented the chairs and umbrella from Rich again, who was extremely nice, as always. We do not want to spend all of our money on a high-rise expensive condo. No, it does not have an elevator, but it is only 2 stories. If you do not want to carry items up the stairs, then stay in the bottom units. We prefer the 2nd floor because of the privacy and private balcony. Sea Oats is perfect for us and a perfect location right on the beach. We plan to return in October for a few days, just two of us this time and without a doubt, will stay at Sea Oats...again! Love it!!

Jeff & Kay Moore

Room Tip: If you do not want to stay on the 2nd floor and do not want to or able to climb the stairs outside t...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jeff M
Louisiana
Reviewed 28 August 2013

This is my 2nd time here & 1st time during summer. This place is not for the wimpy!! If you can throw your bed sheet up over the pillows, empty your own trash (they supply the bags), & get your own fresh towels, this is the place for you. Of course there's no elevator; we were on the 2nd floor & an easy walk-up. This is an older hotel that backs up to the beach. Perfect views of the shore from the balcony. Our room has always been CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN when we've come. The outside doesn't look like much, but our room was totally refurbished since the last time we were here. And PRIVACY!! Lots of older couples I have seen staying here. Love the efficiency with the microwave, coffemaker, stove, & fridge to store restaurant leftovers. You can stay on the 25th floor of a fancy condo, but me, I'll take the Sea Oats walk-up anytime.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple