“The Real Deal..from a local.”

Buck’s Smokehouse
Ranked #6 of 300 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Groups, Kids, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Destin, Florida
“The Real Deal..from a local.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

I'm a local in Destin. Some places here you just want to keep to yourself, but Buck's is so good I have to share. I have been several times now, and it just keeps getting better.

I've lived in Austin and Dallas, and I'm telling you I have not had better BBQ than Buck's. They wrap your order in white butcher paper which is perfect. When you're finished, roll it up and throw it away. Simple.

I've had the pulled pork sandwich which is perfect: not too dry and just moist enough. It's the best pulled pork sandwich I've ever had. You will get generous portions. The baked beans are top notch, with bits of pork in them. The fries are nice and crisp and perfectly done. Their sauces are right on the mark.

You have to save room for the banana pudding; loaded with bananas and vanilla wafers.

Everyone at Buck's is friendly and attentive. The decor inside reminds me of roadside BBQ joints on some back road in Texas. The real deal...

3 Thank LifeInTheSun

Austin, Texas
“My home!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I am from Texas and there are plenty of BBQ places to call your favorite... But after a visit to Destin,Fl Buck's BBQ is my new home for anything smoked! I was lucky enough to walk in on prime rib Thursday and all I can say was TGIT! (Thank God it's Thursday)

2 Thank Bobby W
Houston, Texas
“Good BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stopped here after a morning of diving since it was next to the dive shop. Only open two months but the pork sandwiches and ribs were delicious. Nice change from seafood.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Jim M
Franklin, Indiana
“Best BBQ we've had in quite some time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

We were in Destin for a few days in mid-July and stayed at a local resort. We love BBQ and hadn't found a consistently good meal from the restaurants at the resort so we decided to take a five mile, but 35 minute, drive over to Buck's Smokehouse. As another reviewer mentioned, the traffic is quite heavy in this part of town during the peak season, so if you can find an alternate route to take instead of 98...do it! We arrived shortly before 8pm and my husband and I both ordered the pulled pork. He opted for fries and baked beans while I had the smoked red potatoes and mac and cheese. (The smoked potatoes were offered with the daily special and I was able to sub them in my meal with no problem.)

Our meal was AMAZING! The pulled pork was very tender and moist without being fatty or overly shredded. The staff, which seemed to be family, were all extremely nice and attentive. We opted to sit in the A/C and enjoyed the simple furnishings and structure...outdoor patio chairs, tables and see-through garage doors for windows. Maybe they open these during the more mild days? There is also a covered porch with picnic tables if you decide to eat outdoors.

The food was served wrapped in white butchers paper and sides were in Styrofoam bowls. We thought it was a very unique and cost effective way to market their brand.

We had some leftover food to take home and the staff wrapped up our food in additional butchers paper and made sure to have my husband's banana pudding he ordered earlier chilled and ready to go as we walked out the door.

These folks know their way around a smoker and we wish them the very best in their new restaurant venture! We spoke to a young man just as we were leavings (we assumed he was the owners' son) and we told him how much we enjoyed our food. He then told us they had only been open for 2 months. Keep up the mouth-watering, good work!!!

2 Thank Chad_and_Monica
Sparta
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Customer ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We ate at Bucks while on vacation. The food was great. Service was excellent. They went out of their way to make sure we had what we needed. The only thing they need is more publicity. Bright signs or lights to attract attention to the business.

1 Thank Sassys24