“Outstanding three days” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Henderson Park Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Destin
Henderson Park Inn
Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Wauconda, Il
“Outstanding three days”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

My wife and I combined an anniversary with her 50th birthday. We stayed in the main building, 3rd floor. Went to bed with the sound of the ocean and woke to watching dolphins over a cup of coffee. Staff, especially Angel, was friendly and helpful. Surprised wife with Toes in the Sand our last night and could not have been happier. Staff helped me pull off the ruse skillfully. Wade our server was knowledgeable and down to earth. Greg made awesome egg white omelets that capped off the rest of the complimentary breakfasts. We have and love kids, but thoroughly enjoyed the "no one under 25" policy for a romantic experience. Only problem is it took a long time to save to afford, and won't be able to return as soon as we would like. Excellent overall experience.

Room Tip: Main building afforded easy access to everything.
2 Thank SGaschler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

I completely agree with everything the previous glowing reviews have said. This is truly a unique place. I have been visiting the Gulf Coast my entire life, and I have never experienced a place like the Henderson Park Inn. The rooms, the food, the service, the laid-back atmosphere... everything exceeded my expectations. Breakfast, in particular, was fantastic. We stayed in Room 309, which is a corner room in the secondary building. It had a wonderful view and was large and comfortable. One review did mention the low water pressure, but frankly, who cares when everything else is perfect. I think the privacy and quietness of this building was a plus, and the other building, with all the amenities, was literally a 10 second walk away. I do suggest that you ask the staff for details on the particular room you are booking, and they will be happy to share. Some of the rooms in the main building open directly onto the common deck area, and really don't afford much privacy. When I booked, the lady I spoke to explained that and suggested the room we did book, for it's view and privacy. Each room here is unique so you should get as much information as possible on the particular room and make your decision based on the relative price and what you are looking for. I peeked into the Presidential Suite a couple of times as it was being cleaned, and I definitely have my eye on that for our next visit.

4 Thank frazzledinptc
Rootstown, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

This place was everything all the reviews said and more. Truly a wonderful getaway. The property has simply amazing views of the ocean. We had a corner suite with a larger balcony on the second floor in the second building. It was nice because it had a side window so it was close to a panoramic view of the ocean. The staff was so helpful with everything and very passionate about making your stay great! We loved the breakfast cook who always served us with a smile! the onsite restaurant had the most amazing service and food we have every tasted with the amazing views and they end dinner with giving you a white rose. Such a special touch. We wish we would have eaten there every night as they had by far the best food around. We rode the bikes they provided out for dinner one night and took a cab to AJ's which is a cool place to see with live music. The happy hour at sunset was a great touch as well as cookies, fruit and lemonade in the afternoon. I would definitely go back again. Worth every penny! A couple things they could improve on is updating the bathroom a bit and the beach chairs as well. We also suggested recycling since they allow you to have as many bottled waters as you want. The wine and grapes when you arrive with chocolates is a very nice touch. You just call ahead the night before with your lunch selection and it is ready for you at lunchtime from honeybaked ham. If you didn't want to, your really don't have to even leave. Everything you need is there. I have already suggested it to all of my friends!!

Room Tip: We loved our corner room on the second floor in the second building. Large balcony and great views.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mandjer
Clear Lake
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

The Henderson Park Inn, what a treat! My husband and I spent one week at Henderson to celebrate our 10th Anniversary. It seems that our stay has raised our standards to a much higher new level! In planning our next vacation, I find myself comparing every hotel, resort or B & B review to our experience at Henderson, and nothing even comes close. The Henderson is a quaint, quiet, relaxing B & B with a wonderful, friendly staff, excellent breakfast and atmosphere overall. It’s location on the snowy white beach is PERFECT! We had a great time visiting with other guests during happy hour where we were often got a glimpse of Air Force aircraft flying over the golf. Great fun! It was a perfect vacation for my husband and I, being adults only, we could got a “kid break” for one week. We will definitely go back and I can’t wait!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CJoo7
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

What a wonderful piece of heaven on a beautiful beach. The staff goes above and beyond to please.
It was so nice to venture down and have a very tasty breakfast, the lunches you choose from are great and dinner, you can't go wrong with anything served at Beach Walk Cafe, it's all delicious.
Happy hour, well, it is so much fun, it's worth finding the time to mingle and enjoy. Then, there's all the other extras, that make Henderson Park Inn a special place.
We stayed on the second floor in the building next to the main building, our room was very nice and spacious, as well, as our balcony.
We had the most relaxing vacation and had the pleasure of meeting some very nice people. We all shared the same opinion, we love this place. It's a hidden gem and we can't wait to return.

2 Thank HappyLife2
Rogersville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

We stayed at the Henderson for 4 nights. It was the most enjoyable, peaceful place I have been. The rooms were out of a magazine. The private beach was spectacular. Breakfast was something to look forward to each morning, with such a variety it was hard to choose. As for the Henderson staff, they made us feel as if we were VERY important people. They were right on top of everything and went above and beyond to serve us. I have NEVER had this kind of service. We were amazed! We even made some friendships. The only drawback is that now I will compare others to the Henderson.....It would be tough to beat!

Room Tip: The corner suites and best as far as view. But the second flood of the newer building was spectacula...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sharon L
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

On the beach, no screaming kids, great restaurant, just a mile from shopping, movies etc.
Rooms in the annex were big and quiet. Will return

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple