“Romantic atmosphere, wonderful value” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Henderson Park Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Destin
Henderson Park Inn
Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Merrillville, Indiana
“Romantic atmosphere, wonderful value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

We stayed here 4-30, 5-01 and 5-02 and also at 2 other properties in the destin area during this vacation. Only wish all 10 nights had been here. Our room was in second building just steps from the main building which houses the lobby, restaurant and deck area. We were 3rd floor, 309 I think. We entered the room greeted by soft music, a tray with 2 glasses and a bottle of wine on the bed. French door flanked by windows looked straight out to white sand and surf. Small balcony with 2 chairs. Have never had a room this close the the water. Substantial furniture with 2 comfy chairs. Room decorated in pale blues and golds. We have stayed in many hotels and condos and have never had a bed so comfortable. I even asked the desk person if they knew what the matress brand was. Never found out, sigh... Large jetted tub in bath. Sink cabinet was old painted wood but it fits with the vibe of this place. At least there were drawers and cabinets for storage in the bath which you seldom see. Free breakfast, cooked to order, fruit, etc. Small dining room or eat out on the deck which is very large with many tables, swings and a tiki bar where late afternoon drinks are served, also complimentary. Beer, wine and pitcher after pitcher of margaritas and daiquiries mixed by a very entertaining young man. Sit around the tiki hut and chat with fellow travelers. Complimentry chairs and umbrella at the beach. The side of the hotel is directly against Henderson State Park. Unobstructed views down the beach which is pristine clean. Gorgeous water. Comlimentry boxed lunch of your choice. Fridge next to dining room stocked with pop and water. We did not eat here for dinner, but you can read reviews for Beach Walk Restaurant which has won many awards. This was a wonderful experience. For those who hesitate due to room rate, consider no fee parking, free breakfast (top 2 while in Destin), free lunch, free happy hour, free pop and water, free umbrella and chairs. These alone added @ $88.00 a day to our rate at the hilton down the road.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for the ocean view. You are so close the the water. We did not see the room, bu...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
11 Thank crowder7160

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

Henderson Park Inn is absolutely the best place I've ever stayed at in my life so far. We could only stay two nights because we had a wedding to attend in Jekyll Island, GA. I wished the wedding could have been at HPI because everything was amazing. From the moment I made the reservation to when we left the property. We couldn't make a beachview reservation but we loved our room, it was in the second building on the second floor. I loved walking into the room with the music playing and a bottle of wine sitting on the bed. We had plans to go to Sandestin and Pensacola but we loved this place so much we scrapped those plans and stayed for dinner at the Beach Walk and the cooking lessons the next day. We even had an opportunity to met the Inn Keeper as we were checking out and he was awesome too! Considering the other resorts we stayed at before and after, Henderson Park far exceeded any expectations we could have ever had. Now that we've been spoiled it's going to be hard to stay anywhere. Next time I'm hoping for an beach front room but even if we can't get one it's definitely worth going and will stay for longer visit also. Stay for dinner too, one of the best dinner's of our lives too.

I also loved how we weren't nickeled and dimed at the Inn, at Disney and Jekyll Island we were hit with resort, parking and any other random fee possible. Breakfast, lunch, cocktail hour and bikes also come with the room rate. They even have deals with local businesses like fishing and boat tours. They have really thought of everything you could ever want on vacation.

Room Tip: If you have vacation days available go now!
3 Thank KeyHopper
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

My wife and I stayed for three nights this past week (of April) and we both were asking ourselves is this real? HPI just does it right and completely exceeded our expectations in terms of service, quality, location, and overall getaway experience. We had to change rooms each night due my rather last minute reservation (this place is popular for a reason) and while that may bother some we loved sampling the different suites and gulf views from both the main building and the adjacent one. The staff moved our things each day and notified me when ready to pick up new room keys. It was convenient and easy. Breakfast might be the best we've ever had anywhere--fresh delicious fruit, pastries, eggs, waffles, and more on a veranda with beautiful gulf waters and breezes. Rooms are luxurious, comfortable and the whole inn is just charming. The staff was always friendly and asking how we're doing or offered pleasant conversation about the area and helpful hints. Lunch was a neat touch too. The bikes were nice to take a stroll down scenic 98 and check out the area. Plenty of amenities around if you need them like stores, etc. I think HPI is one of the best vacation spots anywhere--other countless reviews attest to this as well. Give yourself a treat and spend some time here if you can.

1 Thank HBIII
Saltillo MS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

We stayed at Henderson Park Inn April 19, 2012 - April 22, 2012. We stayed in the main building on the third floor - room 308. We loved staying in the main building and didn't have any problems with the noise or anything. It was absolutely beautiful and they thought of everything! There was not one time where I needed something they didn't already provide. The happy hour was amazing, loved the snacks and lunch they provided. But the breakfast made me not want to leave!!! You've got to try the waffles and the omelettes - i wished we could have shipped them home! :) The staff was extremely friendly and always smiling! already planning on a return trip. I told my husband on the way home to forget Hawaii next year.. I want to go back to HPI!!!! AMAZING!!!

3 Thank MSGirl035
Wauconda, Il
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

My wife and I combined an anniversary with her 50th birthday. We stayed in the main building, 3rd floor. Went to bed with the sound of the ocean and woke to watching dolphins over a cup of coffee. Staff, especially Angel, was friendly and helpful. Surprised wife with Toes in the Sand our last night and could not have been happier. Staff helped me pull off the ruse skillfully. Wade our server was knowledgeable and down to earth. Greg made awesome egg white omelets that capped off the rest of the complimentary breakfasts. We have and love kids, but thoroughly enjoyed the "no one under 25" policy for a romantic experience. Only problem is it took a long time to save to afford, and won't be able to return as soon as we would like. Excellent overall experience.

Room Tip: Main building afforded easy access to everything.
2 Thank SGaschler
Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

I completely agree with everything the previous glowing reviews have said. This is truly a unique place. I have been visiting the Gulf Coast my entire life, and I have never experienced a place like the Henderson Park Inn. The rooms, the food, the service, the laid-back atmosphere... everything exceeded my expectations. Breakfast, in particular, was fantastic. We stayed in Room 309, which is a corner room in the secondary building. It had a wonderful view and was large and comfortable. One review did mention the low water pressure, but frankly, who cares when everything else is perfect. I think the privacy and quietness of this building was a plus, and the other building, with all the amenities, was literally a 10 second walk away. I do suggest that you ask the staff for details on the particular room you are booking, and they will be happy to share. Some of the rooms in the main building open directly onto the common deck area, and really don't afford much privacy. When I booked, the lady I spoke to explained that and suggested the room we did book, for it's view and privacy. Each room here is unique so you should get as much information as possible on the particular room and make your decision based on the relative price and what you are looking for. I peeked into the Presidential Suite a couple of times as it was being cleaned, and I definitely have my eye on that for our next visit.

4 Thank frazzledinptc
Rootstown, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

This place was everything all the reviews said and more. Truly a wonderful getaway. The property has simply amazing views of the ocean. We had a corner suite with a larger balcony on the second floor in the second building. It was nice because it had a side window so it was close to a panoramic view of the ocean. The staff was so helpful with everything and very passionate about making your stay great! We loved the breakfast cook who always served us with a smile! the onsite restaurant had the most amazing service and food we have every tasted with the amazing views and they end dinner with giving you a white rose. Such a special touch. We wish we would have eaten there every night as they had by far the best food around. We rode the bikes they provided out for dinner one night and took a cab to AJ's which is a cool place to see with live music. The happy hour at sunset was a great touch as well as cookies, fruit and lemonade in the afternoon. I would definitely go back again. Worth every penny! A couple things they could improve on is updating the bathroom a bit and the beach chairs as well. We also suggested recycling since they allow you to have as many bottled waters as you want. The wine and grapes when you arrive with chocolates is a very nice touch. You just call ahead the night before with your lunch selection and it is ready for you at lunchtime from honeybaked ham. If you didn't want to, your really don't have to even leave. Everything you need is there. I have already suggested it to all of my friends!!

Room Tip: We loved our corner room on the second floor in the second building. Large balcony and great views.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple