After a long road trip, my fiancé and I were very much looking forward to a luxurious respite. While our room was very comfortable and we walked into a room complete with wine and roses, our stay at the Henderson Inn was a bit soured by our experience with front desk attendant, Natalie.
Before meeting Natalie, we parked our car in the lot and Randy, the valet, offered to take our bags up to our third floor room. Rather than take them one at a time, Randy, seemingly nobly, carried both very heavy bags up to our room. From the later reports of guests he passed along the way and our subsequent treatment from Nathalie, Randy apparently complained a great deal about the services performed doing this part of his job. More to come on that later.
After a wonderful bath, we called down for help making a reservation at the Beach Walk Cafe, the in-house restaurant. Natalie explained that the restaurant was busy but that the restaurant manager would call us back shortly. After a half hour of not hearing from the manager or Natalie, we elected to dine elsewhere, the Cuvée Bistro (stellar review found on their trip advisor page). Not getting a returned phone call within a few minutes is unacceptable. Not getting a returned phone call at all is infuriating.
Upon our returning from dinner, Natalie, in an ultra-fake tone, wished us an enjoyable evening and parted with "good luck getting your bags back downstairs." At best, this was a stupid, unhelpful thing to say. At worst, it was mean-spirited and spiteful.
The bed was restful, we woke up to a beautiful view of the beach. The breakfast was really good - omelets and sausages were the highlights. Cooks and servers were super friendly.
We spent the rest of the morning enjoying a walk and swing on the beach. Again, beautiful.
- view of the water as advertised.
- very comfortable bed
- great jacuzzi
- nice decor
Bottom line: the Henderson Inn is a very comfortable place to stay but it is way too expensive for what you get and the the service is a mixed bag.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guest are welcomed with a complimentary bottle of wine, fresh grapes, roses and chocolates upon arrival. Start each day with a complimentary full breakfast overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. A delicious selection of cook-to-order omelets, made from scratch biscuits and gravy, fresh fruit, pastries, scrumptious bacon and sausage and so much more. Next, cruise down to the beach, but first stop by our community refrigerator to grab some beverages on the way down and then relax under an umbrella and on our complimentary beach chairs. Soak up the sunshine, go for a bike ride or take a long walk for a relaxing stroll down the beach. After you’ve worked up an appetite, stop in for a complimentary lunch (excluding holidays). For a quick snack stop through the lobby for lemonade and cookies as an added treat. Before dinner, mosey down to the restaurant for happy hour nightly while overlooking the Gulf Coast’s most beautiful beaches and colorful sunsets. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Henderson Park Hotel Destin
- Henderson Park Inn Destin, Florida