“Spoiled for anything else”
Review of Henderson Park Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Destin
Henderson Park Inn
Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in Destin
MEMPHIS, TN
“Spoiled for anything else”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have been coming to Destin for years. We have owned at least four fabulous condos here - my father still owns a great place- so, of course, we always stay at our condos. This time the condo was already rented so we stayed at the Henderson Park Inn -and we will never stay anywhere else again. The attention to detail , the lovely bottle of wine and grapes in our room, the view of the near deserted pristine beach, soft bed, luxurious sheets and towels, delectable breakfast, picnic lunch, happy hour, use of bikes, courteous staff, amazing chefs, .... And I could go on and on and on. Unlike anywhere else in Destin, you don't even really need a car.
So, people from Memphis, listen up! Take the new airline, Southern Express, that flies out of Olive Branch - it's a quick 2 hour flight to the airport right in the middle of Destin - the inn will have a shuttle waiting for you- and come and enjoy this wonderful place ! You can thank me later!!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
11 Thank Karen S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We spent three wonderful days and nights celebrating our 20 th anniversary! There is a reason this place is the best in Destin. We felt so at ease we hardly left the property. We ate at the Beach Walk every night and loved every meal. Just sitting on the beach was all we wanted to do and this is the place to do just that. The adult only atmosphere was wonderful! We met nice people our age and some very nice young couples also. There was a wedding the first night and a marriage proposal on the beach another night. Romance was everywhere!

Room Tip: Book far in advance!
3 Thank KerryDeanwat
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great experience. Great amenities, staff and perfect location. No need to leave. Everything is provided for you. I would recommend staying in a room with a kitchenette. Looking forward to our next stay!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank cgtaylo
dallas, tx
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My wife and I stayed for 7 nights in the second building on the 3rd floor with the room view right on the beach! The staff was extremely friendly, the beach was wonderful, breakfast was great and they give you a box lunch each day. We loved that fact it was adults only as well but I couldnt give it 5 stars for a few reasons. Everything was clean, but attention to detail was needed like caulk in the bathroom, and like the other review, outdated whirlpool tub.I was disappointed on the balcony size and thought I was getting once like on the second floor rooms. The Beach Walk for Dinner was not as good as I would have liked, my wife had the Lobster and I had the Snapper. The dishes were OK, but not the best I had, and not for the price I paid. Lobster was dry and the fish had too much sauce. Elizabeth the Server made up for what lacked in the meal! We found several other places to dine that were better and less expensive within the area. I would recommend staying on the second floor IF you want a larger balcony

Room Tip: 2nd floor for more balcony space
5 Thank bpeters500
Paris, Kentucky
Reviewed 24 May 2014

My husband and I stayed for 4 nights and every day was perfect! The room was very homey and clean. Breakfast was wonderful. The food at the restaurant was some of the best I've ever had. Staff was friendly and accommodating. The beach was clean and I never had a problem getting a chair by the beach. The lunch catered by honey baked ham was great everyday.... The only reason I give the inn a 4 star instead of 5 would be the outdated bathroom and carpets in the room. I would like to see a nice tiled walk in shower instead of an outdated whirlpool tub and a tile floor in the room would be nice. Also the toilet was stained... It's an expensive hotel to not be completely updated. We paid about $550 a night for a standard room with a king bed and small balcony. Nevertheless my husband and I love the peace and quiet and will probably visit again at some point.

4 Thank Leighfus
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Very charming B&B; excellent views and the staff is over the top! We are coming back next year with friends.
The views from the rooms and their large deck are fantastic + they have a great breakfast and lunch that is included...very nice!!!

Room Tip: Go for the Coast Line suite....great views.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 18 May 2014

It was beautiful, the location is to die for, the room was so amazing. The only thing we couldn't stand was the bed! It squeaked all night every time we moved. I actually could not sleep all night... every time my partner moved the bed squeaked so loudly it would wake me up. For the $ we paid to stay here, it was very disappointing. The B&B itself was beautiful and the location was fab, but I just cannot get over the old bed. Our stay would have been so romantic and lovely had it not been for the old bed.

The only good thing I could say about this place is the vicinity to the beach.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank crazyboutizz
minimotor72, General Manager at Henderson Park Inn, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
I am extremely sorry about the problem you experienced with your bed. I wish you had let us know as we would have been able to get the problem fixed immediately, although it should have never happened in the first place. If you wouldn't mind, please email me at rolin@hendersonparkinn.com so I can discuss the situation further.
Ryan Olin