“Close Enough to Perfect”
Review of Henderson Park Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Destin
Henderson Park Inn
Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We were at Henderson Park Inn for 3 days and nights last week celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary. We loved every minute we were there. The location is wonderful, the food, the drinks and the service are equally as wonderful. We would definitely like to return.

Room Tip: The second floor rooms have larger balconys
2  Thank Cindy R

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

The highlight of our vacation was watching the sunset. Absolutely beautiful! They served a delicious breakfast and the boxed lunch was just enough. The room was small, but perfect for us. The bed was so comfortable! The only thing I would change is keeping the tiki bar opened all day, not just for happy hour.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leslie610
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have been coming to Destin for years. We have owned at least four fabulous condos here - my father still owns a great place- so, of course, we always stay at our condos. This time the condo was already rented so we stayed at the Henderson Park Inn -and we will never stay anywhere else again. The attention to detail , the lovely bottle of wine and grapes in our room, the view of the near deserted pristine beach, soft bed, luxurious sheets and towels, delectable breakfast, picnic lunch, happy hour, use of bikes, courteous staff, amazing chefs, .... And I could go on and on and on. Unlike anywhere else in Destin, you don't even really need a car.
So, people from Memphis, listen up! Take the new airline, Southern Express, that flies out of Olive Branch - it's a quick 2 hour flight to the airport right in the middle of Destin - the inn will have a shuttle waiting for you- and come and enjoy this wonderful place ! You can thank me later!!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Karen S
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We spent three wonderful days and nights celebrating our 20 th anniversary! There is a reason this place is the best in Destin. We felt so at ease we hardly left the property. We ate at the Beach Walk every night and loved every meal. Just sitting on the beach was all we wanted to do and this is the place to do just that. The adult only atmosphere was wonderful! We met nice people our age and some very nice young couples also. There was a wedding the first night and a marriage proposal on the beach another night. Romance was everywhere!

Room Tip: Book far in advance!
3  Thank KerryDeanwat
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great experience. Great amenities, staff and perfect location. No need to leave. Everything is provided for you. I would recommend staying in a room with a kitchenette. Looking forward to our next stay!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank cgtaylo
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My wife and I stayed for 7 nights in the second building on the 3rd floor with the room view right on the beach! The staff was extremely friendly, the beach was wonderful, breakfast was great and they give you a box lunch each day. We loved that fact it was adults only as well but I couldnt give it 5 stars for a few reasons. Everything was clean, but attention to detail was needed like caulk in the bathroom, and like the other review, outdated whirlpool tub.I was disappointed on the balcony size and thought I was getting once like on the second floor rooms. The Beach Walk for Dinner was not as good as I would have liked, my wife had the Lobster and I had the Snapper. The dishes were OK, but not the best I had, and not for the price I paid. Lobster was dry and the fish had too much sauce. Elizabeth the Server made up for what lacked in the meal! We found several other places to dine that were better and less expensive within the area. I would recommend staying on the second floor IF you want a larger balcony

Room Tip: 2nd floor for more balcony space
5  Thank bpeters500
Reviewed 24 May 2014

My husband and I stayed for 4 nights and every day was perfect! The room was very homey and clean. Breakfast was wonderful. The food at the restaurant was some of the best I've ever had. Staff was friendly and accommodating. The beach was clean and I never had a problem getting a chair by the beach. The lunch catered by honey baked ham was great everyday.... The only reason I give the inn a 4 star instead of 5 would be the outdated bathroom and carpets in the room. I would like to see a nice tiled walk in shower instead of an outdated whirlpool tub and a tile floor in the room would be nice. Also the toilet was stained... It's an expensive hotel to not be completely updated. We paid about $550 a night for a standard room with a king bed and small balcony. Nevertheless my husband and I love the peace and quiet and will probably visit again at some point.

4  Thank Leighfus