“It was just PERFECT!!!”

SummerPlace Inn Destin FL Hotel
Ranked #12 of 38 Hotels in Destin
Reviewed 18 July 2011

I wanted to make sure that I wrote my reviews ASAP and thus help others make a reliable decision. This hotel is simply PERFEC!!! It is located about 2 blocks from the beach, is on the main street and has a good, simple breakfast. I partically searched high & low before arriving to Destin, Fl for a nice, inexpensive place to sleep and Summerplace Inn was the one. It was a huge plus of our entire trip. All other hotels/resorts look nice, but who goes on beach vacation to stay in their hotel room all day??? Not us.
Their rates are reasonable and well worth the $. Besides the employees there are all pleasant folks (especially Jeff, in the front desk); no complaints there. Our room was clean and had a nice view of all the activity below. Not to mention that we were only about 1 min away from Wal-Mart.
Our family couldnt have been any happier w/our stay. Thank you! And we will definitely see you again next year!!! :)

2  Thank anacasti
mistellelangen, General Manager at SummerPlace Inn Destin FL Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2011

Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel! We definitely can't wait to see you back next year! I will also definitely follow up with Jeff and let him know he is now Trip Advisor famous :) - this will definitely make his day! Please don't hesitate in letting us know you are returning customer next year - and since you know you'll be back - I recommend visiting our website to sign up for our newsletter and summerclub. This gives you access to special promotions and upgrades when you come to see us next year :)

Reviewed 15 July 2011

We booked this hotel on a discount site at a rate that was significantly lower than their normal rate. But I believe I would have paid the regular rate for this place. It was nicely decorated, the room was large enough for me, my partner, and my parents to share and not be tripping over each other. Included a mini fridge, which was nice. Bathroom was a good size. The desk employees were very helpful when my parents had car trouble and needed to stay an extra night. Better continental breakfast than I have seen in other hotels. Overall, great stay!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

First, I hope your parents did get home safe! We always hate to see a guest in need/stranded - so I'm very happy we were able to get them taken care of and on their way the next day! Thank you also for taking the time to share about our little hotel :)

We pride ourselves on providing more than any branded hotel, with better quality rooms and the level of service that one should expect and deserves. I am happy to hear that we were able to do just that during your stay. We hope to see you again next year!

Reviewed 12 July 2011

Great place! The receptionists are very welcoming and kind. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for acknowledging the outstanding job all the employees at SummerPlace Inn put forward. We pride ourselves on our service and style - and to hear that we achieved that is very rewarding! We certainly hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 July 2011

I'd like to start with the positives about SummerPlace. It had a reasonable rate for the time of the year that we went (July). The beds were comfortable, and the room was clean.
While none of the employees were rude, only a couple of them were overly-friendly. I would name names, but only a couple of the employees wore nametags. The pools were small, but clean. We had to go on the hunt for towels a couple of times, but, this was a very busy season for the hotel. There was a terrible continuous clanging noise in the indoor pool, coming from the exhaust fan. It was hard to relax with the noise.
Upon entering the room for the first time, we noticed a light bulb missing from the bathroom. If it had been a big deal to us, we could have mentioned it to someone. But, it continued to go unnoticed for the 4 nights we stayed there.
The room we stayed in (rear side) was medium-sized at best. The air conditioner made a horrible noise the first night. After mentioning this to the front desk, someone obviously came and worked on it. It was much better, albeit not totally quiet for the rest of our trip. There were other air conditioning units in the hallway making the same noise, so obviously ours was not the only unit with issues.
Breakfast was meager. A VERY limited choice, and waffle irons to which your waffle sticks.
Plenty of hot water, but low water pressure.
Bottom line, for all the rave reviews, I expected much more attention to detail and customer service. We were disappointed.
***On a sidenote, if you are in Destin, Joe's Crab Shack is delicious with excellent service and a fun atmosphere. Visit during lunch if you like to avoid crowds and save a few bucks. Also, the short drive to Henderson Beach State Park is well worth it. For a small fee, it is one of the nicer beaches in the area.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

I am sincerely disappointed that we were not able to blow you away. We pride ourselves on this - and we take it to heart when we do not live up to our representation. I certainly hope that you will consider giving us another chance - as there is definitely a reason we have so many outstanding reviews and acknoweldgements of our hotel and our service. I apologize again that you feel we dropped the ball during your stay.

Reviewed 6 July 2011

We came on a family trip with my husband, mom, my 19 month old son and 4 year old daughter. We have been vacationing in Destin for 20 years. The moment we arrived Keone set the pace for the place and we were not disappointed. The front desk staff right down to the guest service staff was excellent. They were friendly down home people but also professional. We didn't have a single problem. The breakfast was above average, the rooms were clean and neat and the decor was up todate. The maid service staff was also nice, we had an issue with my daughter wetting the bed one day and they immediately took care of it without a single attitude. This is the best place I've stayed and we have stay plenty of places. I WOULD STAY THERE AGAIN. Thanks Keone, Jeff, Cedric, Jenny, Josie, Jean, Titi and Faith. You guys made this place and excellent choice for my family.

Felicia

2  Thank Felicia37128

I can't wait for the staff to see all their names on our wall of fame. Thank you so much for identifying them as outstanding service agents - I will definitely acknowledge them for making your stay perfect! As the general manager, reviews like this are what keep us going. Thank you so very much for your kind words and we hope to see you again very soon!!!

Reviewed 2 July 2011

To keep things short and sweet, we had an excellent experience at the SummerPlace Inn in Destin, FL. I have nothing bad to say about this hotel.

Room Tip: Only upper level rooms can see the ocean.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

I like your style on the review...so I will keep things short too :). Thank you for sharing about our awesome little hotel here in Destin! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 June 2011

Me and my wife stayed here the first week of June and we loved it, The hotel was very clean the rooms were very nice and very tasteful. They had an indoor and outdoor pool, the staff was very friendly and helpful. When we come here we always stay on the beach but this time couldn't find anything reasonable so we checked emerald parkway and found this little gem of a hotel which was only a five minute walk to the beach, man I was impressed. In lobby they had cold bottled water and fruit for the guests and free continental breakfast which we didn't know about. The price was excellent so much so we've decided to come back in September. Oh be careful there are two restaurants in walking distance one of which is Bubba Gumps the food is overpriced there and you dont get your moneys worth we felt cheated..

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple