We were looking for someplace to stay for one night for our wedding anniversary and ended up going with SummerPlace due to the price.
We told them we were coming for our anniversary so they told us on the phone we would be upgraded to a balcony room on the front facing the water for no additional charge. When we arrived (about 3:15) we were advised check-in wasn't till 4 but they would check to see if any rooms were ready and were asked to sit and wait. We didn't get to check-in till about 3:50 so I wouldn't say plan on being able to check-in early as you can most other places. When we got called up to check-in I double checked the rate on the bill and it was $30 higher than we were told on the phone. The clerk corrected the issue and gave me a new bill.
When we got to our room we were put in a 1 bedroom "suite" that did not have a balcony. We really wanted the balcony more than we did a "suite" so my wife went back downstairs to ask about moving. She was told then that the only balcony room they had available was on the second floor. I didn't figure that was high enough to see the water so we just stuck with what we had. Room was very small even for being considered a "suite". Had a separate bedroom from a sitting area. The sitting area had a couch and a chair with TV. Couch was very hard. Room and bathroom were both clean. The toilet in the bathroom is one of the lowest I have ever seen in my life! Very hard to sit on and get up from. The bed was by far the hardest bed I've ever slept on in my life. I woke up the next morning hurting all over as did my wife.
The hotel over all was very clean and I guess for the lower price I shouldn't complain but sleep comfort just wasn't there. I did complain about the bed at check-out and was told someone "the other night" had to have a piece of plywood put under it because it was too soft. I definitely know that wasn't the bed I slept on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SummerPlace Inn Destin FL Hotel is tastefully decorated in British Colonial theme! Our Destin hotel is near everything you are looking for – including the sparkling Emerald Coast beaches. Located directly on the Emerald Coast Parkway, (US-98) we’re the perfect choice for whatever brings you to Destin. Regardless of why your travels bring you to Destin and the Florida Panhandle, we are sure you’ll love our hotel and its great location in the center of everything Destin! A relaxed pace and friendly atmosphere makes Destin one of the most charming places imaginable for a vacation. Couples and families will find something for everyone to do. Make the SummerPlace Inn your choice for accommodations in a boutique style hotel while in Destin no matter time of year it is. Of course we realize that not all travel to Destin may be leisure and fun so we want you to know that the SummerPlace Inn provides a welcomed retreat from the many chain hotels that dot US-98. If coming to the area on military or government business to a local base, visiting someone at the Sacred Heart Hospital, or to do business at one of the many area companies such as Legendary, Okaloosa County Schools or any of the Destin Chamber of Commerce members, then we are the ideal hotel for you as we are centrally located in Destin Florida USA! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your SummerPlace Inn Destin FL Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summerplace Hotel Destin
- Best Western Destin
- Best Western Summerplace Inn
- SummerPlace Inn Destin FL Hotel Florida