“More than what I expected!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of SummerPlace Inn

SummerPlace Inn
Ranked #14 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“More than what I expected!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

I just recently got back from my last college spring break and was more than happy I stayed at Summer Place Inn. I'm extremely OCD about hotels and being dirty but since I am in college I had to stay in my price range. When I found SPI I was skeptical because it was such a good price but after reading the reviews I was going for it. There were seven in our group and we booked a double queen. Realizing we needed more room the staff was more than happy to help us a upgrade for a good price.

It was great to have the beach across the streets. The go-kart tracks literally are next door and lots of shopping and restaurants within driving distance, some walking. I would definitely recommend SPI to anyone I know. Me and my group also want to give a BIG thank you to Jeff!!! He was helpful from the week before we got there until the day we left.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Nicole H
mistellelangen, General Manager at SummerPlace Inn, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
I am so glad you guys had a great spring break! I also want to thank you for acknowledging Jeff for his outstanding service. That is what we are about at SummerPlace Inn - not just saying you will get great service - but delivering it every day - above and beyond what one can expect. We hope to see you again next year!

Mistelle Langen, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Woodruff, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

We booked five days at SummerPlace for late February. We were not disappointed!! The management, front desk people, room attendants, and maintenance staff were energetic, respectful, helpful, friendly, and took pride in their work and in this hotel. The rooms were clean, with ceiling fans in addition to air conditioning. The complimentary breakfast included cooked oatmeal, eggs and sausage, Activia yogurt, orange and apple juice, milk, coffee, cereal, assorted pastries, waffles. and fruit. There is a walking trail connected to a sports complex behind the hotel that we used each day, and the indoor and outdoor pool were refreshing. We ate at several waterfront restaurants, including The Back Porch(three blocks down from the hotel and literally on the water) with the best homemade key lime pie, for an incredible price. We will be back again next year. This hotel is a great place with great value and outstanding staff!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gary S
Thank you so much for your praise of our entire team! Reading reviews like this is what keeps us going day after day. We love to help our guests make memories that will last a lifetime - and to hear that we all were able to help accomplish that is the reward that keeps us smiling every day at work. We can't wait to see you again next year!

Sebastian, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

Really enjoyed this hotel for its vaue.....very well kept, furnishings look new, very good, free continental breakfast and it's in a great location off Hwy 98 close to everything. Selected it because of reviews from recent guests..........thanks everyone.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ProudSingleDad
At SummerPlace Inn, we feel the best way to decide on where you will stay - is from former guests and the experiences we had. I noticed that this is how you decided on our hotel - and I really appreciate you also taking the time to share about your experience with our future guests. I hope we get to see you guys again soon - and thank you again for choosing our award winning SummerPlace Inn!

Oakman, Alabama, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

My family and i spent the weekend down in destin and had a great time. The hotel was always clean, and the staff was friendly, but never the less we had a few issues. The first issue was that in the outdoor spa area this is a bulb and wires just hanging in the bottom, just made my wife and I uneasy. The other issue was though the staff was helpful and nice, they fail to notice the multiple children swimming unsupervised in the indoor pool, the youngest was about 3 years old. I just was amazed by the fact none of the employees even walk by the pool to see what the noise was.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Donahue S
Thank you for sharing about your experience at our wonderful little hotel. I want you to be assured that the light bulb that was being repaired during your stay has been taken care of :)

We value all of our guests, and we do our best to ensure that everyone is taken care of. Unfortunately, we cannot force parents to remove their children from the pools - however I can assure you we keep an active eye on all activities - however we do not provide a lifeguard on duty - so we must rely on parents being responsible for their own children.

Thank you again for taking the time to share about your experience!

Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

Our stay was an excellent experience. Checkin took a few extra minutes as a young lady was being trained by the front desk clerk. I did appreciate that i was asked first if it was ok with me. The public areas were well cared for and clean. The room was large with every thing one would need to have a good stay and it was very clean. The price through priceline was excellent! You could walk to local attractions and restaurants. The staff recommened a few restaurants and each was right on for what we asked. This was an excellent property with an outstanding staff and we will be back! By the way breakfast was served and it was not to bad.

Room Tip: Upper floors on the south may have a view of the Gulf.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mebucki
corinth,ms
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

we really enjoyed our recent trip to the SummerPlace Inn-They were recommended to us by friends of ours.They were everything I expected,and more.If we were to visit there again this is the place I would stay.They were clean and very nice

Room Tip: choose off season rates are great
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are so glad to hear that you heard about us through your friends and more importantly that we did not let you down. We rely on word of mouth as a major part of our "advertising strategy" and to hear that once again we were able to exceed those expectations will have us giving high fives at our morning roundup! We can't wait to see you again and thank you again for choosing the SummerPlace Inn!

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

We went to Destin to celebrate bringing in 2012 and we love the white sand beaches, outlets and seafood in Destin however the hotel was just ok. The staff was friendly enough but I'm big on cleanliness and not only did they not vacuum our room each day but the hallways were in need of a good sweeper as well. The pool/lobby/breakfast areas were well maintained and the fitness center was a room with 2 treadmills but I would suggest running outside if you are a runner..nothing like running in a tiny space that steams up after 10 minutes of warm up. All in all, we enjoyed Destin but after a 4 day stay here, our whole family (kids included) were ready to get back to the comfort of our own home.

Room Tip: All rooms were about the same as far as we could tell.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DJWalker27
mistellelangen, General Manager at SummerPlace Inn, responded to this review, 9 January 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience while here at the SummerPlace Inn. I regret that you do not feel that we blew you away during your visit. I have taken the information you have shared and reviewed it with our entire staff. We certainly will address just concerns to insure they do not happen in the future. I know 4 days away from home in a sold out hotel can lead to a great desire to be back in the comforts of home - and we certainly hope your return trip home was safe and clear sailing!

Best Regards,