My wife and I stayed for 3 consecutive nights and were very satisfied with the accomodations.
The room was clean and decorated nicely. Beds were comfortable. Maid staff took very good care of us. The microwave didn't work properly the first night and my wife mentioned it to the maid next day. Three hours later there was a knock on the door and the maintenance man replaced the defective microwave unit.
Other posters have complained about the refrigerator. The freezer unit of the fridge is quite small, not enough room for a half gallon container of ice cream for instance, but the refrigerator worked well and was adequate for our limited needs.
Other posters have complained about the workout room. It doesn't have any upper body equipment and has only enough room for 2 treadmills and a TV. I am 67 years old, have bad knees, and can't use a treadmill. I have a Weider Pro 6900 that I use for upper body exercise at home. From my standpoint replacing one of the treadmills with some sort of upper body machine would be a definite improvement. That, or keep the treadmills, enlarge the space and add some dumbells and a mat. The Weider Pro costs less than $400 new at Sears..................hint, hint.
Breakfast was very good as far as complimentary breakfasts go and was somewhat different each day. I kept hoping for a repeat of the sausage gavy and biscuits but it didn't happen.................the breakfast crew did a good job of keeping the selections available and restocked throughout the full 3 hours of availability.
We were on 4th floor and had a distant but very pleasant view of the ocean. Highway 98 is busy and runs in front of the property but we found the traffic noise was not bothersome to us.
Guest laundry has one washer and one dryer so availabillity is somewhat limited. The dryer was efficient and dried our washer load of jeans and fleece in only one cycle.
This was our second stay at SummerPlace. We had spent a couple of days there way back in 2009. We will definitely stay again if rooms are available on our next Destin visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the premier choice for hotel rooms in Destin Florida USA - the SummerPlace Inn. Our Florida styled hotel is perfect for overnight Destin hotel accommodations when you want a break from the ordinary. Come see for yourself why we have quickly become the local's choice for a Destin boutique hotel.The SummerPlace Inn Destin Hotel has recently completed a brand new lobby renovation to included more lounging areas and TV's for our guest. Our hotel is near everything you are looking for - including the sparkling Emerald Coast beaches, shopping, and local restaurants. We are Located directly on the Emerald Coast Parkway, (US-98) we're the perfect choice for whatever brings you to Destin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your SummerPlace Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summerplace Hotel Destin
- Best Western Destin
- Best Western Summerplace Inn
- SummerPlace Inn Destin, Florida